Author Topic: What happened to 'Reclaim The Kop'?  (Read 23938 times)

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
Re: What happened to 'Reclaim The Kop'?
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:55 pm »
Have to pay mate but it's very cheap, only a couple of quid, what's your idea  8)

We could organise a couple of hundred of us to go to an Academy home game there to support the academy players with Banners, Flags, Scarves singing throughout no matter the score! then after the match go to a local pub and discuss idea's for a group to be organised to improve the atmosphere at Anfield.
AMF

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:31 pm »
Count me in mate, would contribute anyway I can!

PM me if you want a better chat about it.
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »
Count me in mate, would contribute anyway I can!

PM me if you want a better chat about it.

PM'ed you mate!
AMF

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2012, 01:51:12 am »
There's also AFC Liverpool.

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/about
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:58 am »
Did you see those OOT's and Whoppers wearing J3ster Hats at Wembly ?

Oh wait....

those were our players ;)

I am all for anything that will bring atmosphere and singing back to Anfield,
but I think the velvet glove will work better than a sledge hammer, lead by example and all that
and pass on some education.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:44 pm »
Me and Scud have been discussing the possibility of creating a group like RTK to improve the atmosphere at Anfield:

We've also discussed names for the group but we have yet to come To a conclusion on one so has anyone got any recommendations for a name?
AMF

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2012, 07:40:50 pm »
I hope you will accept my thoughts on this because, alas, I don't go to home games any more, but I was here when RTK was launched and if I can I'd like to try and help you avoid any pitfalls.  RTK attracted hostility because there didn't appear to be any "warning" of its being set up, and a lot of people felt RTK were telling them how to be a supporter.  This idea:

We could organise a couple of hundred of us to go to an Academy home game there to support the academy players with Banners, Flags, Scarves singing throughout no matter the score! then after the match go to a local pub and discuss idea's for a group to be organised to improve the atmosphere at Anfield.

is an excellent one because it has the virtue of making people feel included at the outset (as opposed to feeling excluded as was previously the case with some people).   It also has the virtue of you all getting to know eachother gradually. 

I'd suggest you float the idea across other boards - the Rattle and OTK spring immediately to mind. 

And take your time.  Because:

I am all for anything that will bring atmosphere and singing back to Anfield,
but I think the velvet glove will work better than a sledge hammer, lead by example and all that
and pass on some education.

is excellent advice.

A name will evolve naturally following your after match sessions   the best ones usually do.   :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.