Author Topic: Luvvie Love in  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Luvvie Love in
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:14:25 pm »
Now that I've started to venture out of the house and have started seeing some of my friends socially and at the match, I'm feeling so fortunate and so happy to be alive and to have such good friends.

I think before lockdown you kind of took all this stuff for granted, but now, after the delay, coming back makes me feel so happy and grateful for still being here and having some really great people as friends.

Does anyone else kind of feel the same - I'm sure that in 5 or 10 years then we'll take everything for granted again, but it's an amazing feeling. Makes you feel really humble.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Luvvie Love in
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:43:58 pm »
Now that I've started to venture out of the house and have started seeing some of my friends socially and at the match, I'm feeling so fortunate and so happy to be alive and to have such good friends.

I think before lockdown you kind of took all this stuff for granted, but now, after the delay, coming back makes me feel so happy and grateful for still being here and having some really great people as friends.

Does anyone else kind of feel the same - I'm sure that in 5 or 10 years weeks then we'll take everything for granted again, but it's an amazing feeling. Makes you feel really humble.

Human nature being what it is.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 03:45:00 pm »

Does anyone else kind of feel the same - I'm sure that in 5 or 10 years then we'll take everything for granted again, but it's an amazing feeling. Makes you feel really humble.

Nah, I'm still a miserable twat.

Human nature being what it is.

True. I got asked by my Ma's hairdresser after my heart op if it had changed my attitude to life not dying and I was no, not really.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 03:50:04 pm »
Nah, I'm still a miserable twat.

You must be relieved that you can now go to a class 2 Little Chef and discuss the bunker adjustment factors you've started seeing on your curtain siders though, no?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »
You must be relieved that you can now go to a class 2 Little Chef and discuss the bunker adjustment factors you've started seeing on your curtain siders though, no?

Little Chef? What is this, the 1990's ;)

Oh its an absolute delight having the rancid general public leaving service stations an utter disgrace.

I have actually enjoyed getting out and about, being with friends we've not seen for ages, visiting pubs and restaurants, especially the local Chinese as they stayed closed. We're out tomorrow night with friends, going to see a Dolly Parton tribute act, apparently she's just like the real thing ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 04:36:35 pm »
Little Chef? What is this, the 1990's ;)

Oh its an absolute delight having the rancid general public leaving service stations an utter disgrace.

I have actually enjoyed getting out and about, being with friends we've not seen for ages, visiting pubs and restaurants, especially the local Chinese as they stayed closed. We're out tomorrow night with friends, going to see a Dolly Parton tribute act, apparently she's just like the real thing ;)

Is she on from 9 to 5?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 04:43:25 pm »
Is she on from 9 to 5?

Yes, but we have to sit on little islands in the stream to watch her
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 06:19:14 pm »

Nice thread, Andy.  :)

I'm glad I'm still here, but more glad that my loved ones are too. I'm not at the stage where you are just yet though. I'm just getting over Covid, as is my partner and brother. I also know a number of people who have it at the moment too, so I just don't feel out of the woods as yet.

Mrs Spion and I went out for the first time since 23rd August this Tuesday. We went over to Hilbre Island to see the seals. Fairly tough going considering the lingering fatigue, but well worth it. We had a nice picnic while watching the seals playing in the water then walked back to West Kirby before driving up to Parkgate and having an ice cream at Nicholls then a drink at the Old Quay pub. Then it was back to West Kirby for a fish from Marigolds chippy. No real social contact with others, but it was lovely just feeling alive again.

We've lost too many people and pets in recent years to take anything in life for granted. We try to appreciate everyone and everything we value now. I'm just glad I'm still here to be able to do so.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 07:21:24 pm »
Been to two music festivals recently.

The best thing about them was seeing people out and about enjoying themselves
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 07:24:31 pm »
Nice thread, Andy.  :)

I'm glad I'm still here, but more glad that my loved ones are too. I'm not at the stage where you are just yet though. I'm just getting over Covid, as is my partner and brother. I also know a number of people who have it at the moment too, so I just don't feel out of the woods as yet.

Mrs Spion and I went out for the first time since 23rd August this Tuesday. We went over to Hilbre Island to see the seals. Fairly tough going considering the lingering fatigue, but well worth it. We had a nice picnic while watching the seals playing in the water then walked back to West Kirby before driving up to Parkgate and having an ice cream at Nicholls then a drink at the Old Quay pub. Then it was back to West Kirby for a fish from Marigolds chippy. No real social contact with others, but it was lovely just feeling alive again.

We've lost too many people and pets in recent years to take anything in life for granted. We try to appreciate everyone and everything we value now. I'm just glad I'm still here to be able to do so.

Lovely post that mate and I hope you soon recover.

It's just an amazing feeling doing something kind of normal. I'm not normally a sensitive type, but seeing all these people I've  not seen for months or years certainly made me feel like blubbering a bit :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 07:25:17 pm »

It really is wonderful isn't it?

As you say, seeing people laughing and happy is great and dare I say it, but at the moment, it feels like there is a lot of joy and happiness around.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 09:15:32 pm »

As you say, seeing people laughing and happy is great and dare I say it, but at the moment, it feels like there is a lot of joy and happiness around.

I thought about this today during one of my rare ventures into the office. I felt more generous with my laughter and more attentive to others, really getting to know my workmates. Had one tell me she's attending an anti-vax protest at the weekend. A pre-covid me would have written her off as a complete nut but this time I said to her "each to their own" and tried to focus on our similarities, see things from her perspective....but I failed, there are some fucking stupid c*nts out there in the wild, bring on the next lockdown  :D
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 04:10:55 am »

A local raggle taggle radio station put on a freebie last week in our park .  It was on the mushie picking field.
I agree it is dead good and dead boss and all that but this one was dead gooder and dead bosser because there was no bizzies , stewards , fences , gates etc  .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 11:25:00 am »
I thought about this today during one of my rare ventures into the office. I felt more generous with my laughter and more attentive to others, really getting to know my workmates. Had one tell me she's attending an anti-vax protest at the weekend. A pre-covid me would have written her off as a complete nut but this time I said to her "each to their own" and tried to focus on our similarities, see things from her perspective....but I failed, there are some fucking stupid c*nts out there in the wild, bring on the next lockdown  :D

Attending an anti vax protest at the weekend.

Fuck me some people lead sad lives. And some of them are utter twats.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 11:51:29 am »
Last week the Missus and I attended out first Live concert since autumn of 2019.

It was absolutely wonderful. Everybody having a good time, eating and drinking, great music and atmosphere. (Vaccinations or Negative Covid tests were required for entry)
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 02:39:38 pm »
I'm already missing big elements of lockdown.

We went to a fair few places here and abroad (France & Spain) last year and they were universally far less packed than usual (especially here). One thing that stuck out was Scarefest at Alton Towers -it had about half the usual number (strictly controlled) with much smaller queues and people being generally polite. Went to a few beaches that were much quieter. Pubs/restaurants for a meal with only half (or fewer) people in. Roads were much quieter. Both Liverpool and Manchester city centres way less busy.

Absolute bliss.

The gradual drift back to the overcrowded and noisy shitshow has been heartbreaking. Gave a taste of what a non-overcrowded country would be like, then slowly took that away.

To top it all, I've gradually realised I don't actually like half my 'friends', most of whom I grew up with, because they're knobheads. We've had a handful of meetups since pubs started reopening, and I've spent chunks of the night thinking 'why am I even here?' I've lost interest in half the things we've always talked about, and they have no interest in the things I want to talk about. And I've also lost interest in getting pissed, whereas a couple of them seem to have got a renewed obsession with tales of how smashed they've got.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:42:17 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"