Author Topic: Sparta Prague try to con Czech FA  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sparta Prague try to con Czech FA
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
International friendly weeks are always synonymous with a sudden outbreak of five-day hamstrings that keep players out of action just long enough to avoid national service, but short enough to be fit and rested for a return to club action.

However, Sparta Prague have been caught attempting to pull the wool over the Czech FA's eyes after taking three players out of the mid-week friendlies.

Ahead of their Europa League meeting with Liverpool next week, strikers Vaclav Kadlec and Tomas Pekhart, as well as Croatia defender Manuel Pamic, all appeared to be sidelined for "fitness reasons", but after changing their name on the team-sheet and their jerseys, all three played against Zenit St Petersburg on Tuesday night in a warm-up game in Spain.

Sparta originally credited the relatively unknown Pavel Kaderabek with both goals in a 2-1 win but were later forced to admit that promising striker Kadlec, playing in Kaderabek's jersey, had grabbed the goals after their cunning plan was foiled by a sharp Czech journalist.

It didn't quite require Jessica Fletcher to uncover this espionage as Pekhart, a 6ft 4ins white Czech Republic international, wore the shirt of Cameroonian Martin Abena.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/faces-dont-fit-as-journo-lifts-lid-on-spartas-identity-scam-2537114.html

Is this even allowed??!!

At least if they were going to try it they shouldn't have made such an obvious mistake.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
Re: Sparta Prague try to con Czech FA
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:40:30 pm »
 :lmao :lmao

Enterprising , intrepid lot. Too bad they couldn't pull it off. ;D
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:28:59 pm »
Come on, nail'em. Get'em suspended from Europe  ;D
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »
;D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »
Good, shows that their bricking it ahead of our visit! Fair play to them for trying it though, takes balls!
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 02:27:44 pm »
Well, if you're going to cheat, might as well do it properly.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »
wow :lmao

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »
@mackeroo  :lmao :wellin

But surely the 3 should be banned ? ;D

It didn't quite require Jessica Fletcher to uncover this espionage as Pekhart, a 6ft 4ins white Czech Republic international, wore the shirt of Cameroonian Martin Abena.

Funniest part
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:54:06 pm by rocco »

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »
But surely the 3 should be banned ? ;D

You'd imagine there's some kind of rule against it? Probably the fact it was only a friendly they'll get away with it. But there would definitely be a case to answer if it was a competitive game.

Offline Cajnik

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »
You'd imagine there's some kind of rule against it? Probably the fact it was only a friendly they'll get away with it. But there would definitely be a case to answer if it was a competitive game.

It was a friendly. Zenit had to borrow 5 Bulgarian players because they had 11 players leave for Internationals duty. The two teams agreed to two, 40 min halves before playing as well. It doesn't seem they are trouble with UEFA or FIFA, but the Czech FA is rightly pissed. The Czech U-21 team is favored this summer and Pekhart is the top goal scorer with 13.

And then you have Slavia idiots in the Czech FA fueling the fire. They have to go before the Czech FA between the two Liverpool matches