Author Topic: Blackburn Torres bouncers - thank you  (Read 2625 times)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Blackburn Torres bouncers - thank you
« on: January 8, 2011, 10:02:31 am »
I've avoided coming on here since Wednesday night but with a smidgen of perspective returning I think it's worth throwing a few thoughts out.

Firstly, I was ashamed on Wednesday. I never thought I would hear a Liverpool crowd (even a small part of it) singing 'sacked in the morning' to our own manager. I don't want to open up yet another debate about Roy Hodgson. My point is this: The chant was started by the Blackburn support. Since when have taken our lead from the opposition support?

I thought we started off reasonably well, but from minute one I had a 'fan' behind me moaning about the players, picking up on every little error. He had his son with him, sounded like it was his first away game. Is this what we're teaching the next generation? To get on the players backs before they've even had a chance to string an attack together?

I'm not arguing for some kind of censorship, it wouldn't work anyway, but at least let's protest in a positive way. When we were belting out Fields of Anfield Rd it was quite clear that the subtext was about bringing Kenny back and that is enough in my view. Why give the opposition support and players the satisfaction of hearing us turn on our own during a game?

That's why the Torres bouncers at the end of the game were so heartening. Unconditional positive regard for a player in the face of huge disappointment. We may criticise the Sky generation but these were young lads teaching some of the older ones a bit of a lesson: you bounce around, you try to lift the players, you show your love for the club.   
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
Re: Blackburn Torres bouncers - thank you
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2011, 10:24:21 am »
We all know Hodgson needs to go, he can't take the club any further so why persist with him and risk the current situation we're in worsening? However some of the abuse he's had at the match and on RAWK has been appalling. Sorry guys but Hodgson was right when he said he's had little backing since he arrived here. I'm not saying it was the right time to say it because it wasn't, but many fans had written him off before he'd taken charge of his first game and have never given him any support. I was disgusted when I saw the venom directed at him after the defeat at Stoke this season and the sad thing is that it wasn't an isolated incident. Grown men climbing down to the front of the stand like a bunch of apes to give the guy stick as he walked down the tunnel at full time, fucking embarrasing.

I wasn't there on Wednesday due to a number of factors, but whilst I've heard there was more bile directed at the manager, I can't fault our support really. We were getting battered 3-0 and still they got right behind the side, those players don't know how lucky they are sometimes. I'm there tomorrow, and I'm praying we get right behind the team and sing our hearts out. Lets put on a show of strength infront of the watching world and our greatest rivals. Tell them we're not down and out, we're still fighting and we're there to get a result. Fuck where we are in the league, let's demonstrate our support and love for our club is unconditional.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline daboych

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2011, 10:29:26 am »
The one thing we needn't worry about tomorrow will be the sound
YNWA

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2011, 11:01:41 am »

I was disgusted when I saw the venom directed at him after the defeat at Stoke this season and the sad thing is that it wasn't an isolated incident. Grown men climbing down to the front of the stand like a bunch of apes to give the guy stick as he walked down the tunnel at full time, fucking embarrasing.

Observations like this make me glad I can no longer afford to go to the game. Hogson is a man out of his depth but the blame for him being here lies with his employers not him. The behaviour of some 'fans' at the game and on LFC fora is shameful

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2011, 11:04:31 am »
Well said.

Misleading thread title though. I clicked in the hope that Nando has his own heavies for security and they twatted Roy after the Blackburn game.

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 8, 2011, 11:07:15 am »
Well said.

Misleading thread title though. I clicked in the hope that Nando has his own heavies for security and they twatted Roy after the Blackburn game.

lol

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2011, 11:10:10 am »
I was on the top tier and many of us were singing 'fuck off hodgson', I think 'hodgson gor England' chant is bait of humour, but telling your own manager to fuck off is out of order

Offline dionj

• Main Stander
  • We are the Kop of Liverpool FC
« Reply #7 on: January 8, 2011, 11:16:11 am »
bang on  i listened to the game on city and thought the fans were spot on at the end even singing walk on at 3-1 down.
Thats what were all about.  Singing against our manager shows how desperate we have become.
No worries about all that tomorrow tho.
His name is luis suarez
he wears the famous red

Offline Ossie

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: January 8, 2011, 01:05:59 pm »
I was just to the left of them..young lads who are the heartbeat of the club..