Author Topic: The RAWK History Channel  (Read 14237 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 01:11:04 pm by jillcwhomever »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK History Channel
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2024, 10:49:10 am »
I watched a good documentary on Anne Frank before the game yesterday. I had no idea Anne herself had been born in Germany. I had assumed she was Dutch when I read her diary years ago. It was such a a well made documentary and as they pointed out in the end she tragically got her wish to become a famous writer, even if it was in such tragic circumstances. 😔

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2024, 11:16:20 am »
Jill thanks for the above I’ll give them a watch after I’ve finished the Alice Roberts series about how we left Africa.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2024, 12:01:17 pm »
Jill thanks for the above I’ll give them a watch after I’ve finished the Alice Roberts series about how we left Africa.

Did you see Alice and the Pompeii scrolls the other night? They can somehow now x-ray rolled up burnt/carbonised scrolls and read whats on them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2024, 12:33:58 pm »

No problems, hope you enjoy them.

Is the series you're watching the one about looking into how these people died? I saw one documentary which reckoned a high number of Kings would have died of over-eating with all the feasts they would have.