Author Topic: Montreal Canadiens are to be sold...  (Read 40382 times)

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Montreal Canadiens are to be sold...
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »
Is it bad that the highlighted part actually worries me rather than makes me happy? The "suprised" to be associated with LFC makes me slightly nervous!!

Not at all, after all he doesn't say which people might be happy or surprised by it.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2009, 04:15:24 pm »

Having purchased the club for £435m in 2007, with money borrowed from both Wachovia and the Royal Bank of Scotland, he and co-owner Hicks were forced to refinance their debts in July. Doing so, says Gillett, has put the club on solid financial ground.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=675180&sec=england&cc=3436

£435 million... where has the figure come from? Probably about as factually correct as Gillets comments though.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2009, 04:17:07 pm »
SOMEONE FIND US A LAD WITH BAGS OF MONEY!!! :P

And how the fuck are the Montreal Canadiens easier to sell than Liverpool?

God you're such a fucking c*nt

Lastly, am I right thinking that Standard Chartered is our new sponsor?
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2009, 04:23:45 pm »
SOMEONE FIND US A LAD WITH BAGS OF MONEY!!! :P

And how the fuck are the Montreal Canadiens easier to sell than Liverpool?

God you're such a fucking c*nt

Lastly, am I right thinking that Standard Chartered is our new sponsor?
Because there was a buyer (fan) with the right amount of cash to push it through. Plus with the Canadiens he didn't have the BFHF (Big Fat Hicks Factor)!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2009, 04:43:26 pm »
"If someone gets beamed in who's got bags of money, things may change."

What a complete p**ck. Who the f*** does he think he's kidding? (Apologies for incoherent rage. Bad day. Dog died.)

I suppose it confirms what we knew - they've had to reduce the debt at RBS's insistence, though how Hicks has/is doing this, is anyone's guess.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2009, 05:02:59 pm »
We have a massive purchase debt, Arsenal dont.

of course, so infact the debt would likely be double if a new stadium is built with the purchase debt already on the club

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2009, 06:29:33 pm »
What a complete p**ck. Who the f*** does he think he's kidding? (Apologies for incoherent rage. Bad day. Dog died.)

I suppose it confirms what we knew - they've had to reduce the debt at RBS's insistence, though how Hicks has/is doing this, is anyone's guess.

sorry about your dog, man, that hurts.

I reckon that Hicks took, amongst other things, our transfer budget this summer to pay for the first installment of paying down the debt to rbs.....basically the alonso money, or the david silva money. With the train wreck of the american economy, and his utter failure to interest even bush in buying the rangers, where else is he gonna get 60 mill?
I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he told rafa.

So he takes 50 odd million from the team, so he can keep the team, so that he can sell the team at a 50 million profit somewhere down the road. That's a 100* million dollar theft. I'm fast coming round to the nuclear option.....who needs fucking Texas. ( I'll give you a heads up 4pool ).

( * using the patented Hicks system of setting values, all figures disturbingly exaggerated )

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2009, 07:29:50 pm »
"The club is in outstanding shape," he told The Fan 590 - a Toronto radio station. Economically, it's never been stronger. "

Apart from the fact that we can't afford a transfer budget and a new stadium has been put off indefinitely.....
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2009, 07:47:14 pm »
Thanks manifest, and Harry for the pm. How I long for some good news. Not counting on Tom and George to provide it.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2009, 08:04:24 pm »
talks about the Habs for the first 9mins or so then us

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media.jsp?content=20090910_201510_9584

for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »
Team's VP heads home after quarrel with co-owner
Richard Petty Motorsports exec McArdle heads home after heated argument over merger
By Jim Utter - jutter@charlotteobserver.com
Friday, Sep. 11, 2009

RICHMOND, Va. - Mark McArdle, Richard Petty Motorsports's vice president and managing director of competition, got into a heated argument with team co-owner George Gillett on Friday and has returned home for the weekend, multiple sources confirmed to the Observer and ThatsRacin.com.

McArdle, who basically oversees RPM's engine and chassis departments, apparently was arguing with Gillett in the garage area at Richmond International Raceway over the organization's proposed merger with Yates Racing announced on Thursday, sources said.

The merger would in effect close RPM's engine department since the merged team would use Ford engines beginning next season produced by Yates Racing.

Witnesses confirmed the two were in a heated discussion in the garage and that McArdle was seen later in the afternoon cleaning out his motorhome, which was at the track.

It remains unclear in what capacity McArdle remains with the organization but sources said he would not be at the track on Saturday.

Reached by phone late Friday night, team spokesman Drew Brown said he was not aware McArdle's status with the team had changed and said McArdle was at the track on Friday.

http://www.thatsracin.com/140/story/17627.html
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2009, 01:07:16 pm »

NASCAR NOTEBOOK: More details emerge on Petty-Yates deal
By AL PEARCE

Richard Petty's team will run Fords next season after a 'merger' with Yates Racing.

The recently announced “merger” of Richard Petty Motorsports and Yates Racing is, in fact, more buyout than merger. It was announced Friday that Dodge-based RPM was joining with Ford-based Yates Racing next year on a four-car Sprint Cup team that will field Fords.

Team co-owner Richard Petty said the new organization will be called Richard Petty Motorsports and Canadian businessman George Gillett Jr. will remain as controlling owner. Robbie Loomis, the executive director of race operations at RPM, will continue to run day to day operations and it's expected--although not assured--that Max Jones, co-owner of Yates Racing, will remain as general manager.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090912/NASCAR/909129997

Updated: September 12, 2009, 8:30 PM ET
Gillett says team VP is suspended

By David Newton

RICHMOND, Va. -- The deal between Richard Petty Motorsports and Yates Racing already has put one top official's job in jeopardy and put Roush Fenway Racing in the position of looking for a new owner to take over the No. 26 car in 2010.

George Gillett Jr., the majority owner of RPM, said vice president and managing director of competition Mark McArdle was suspended after a heated confrontation with Gillett on Friday at Richmond International Raceway.

Gillett would not say how long the suspension of the man that runs his engine and chassis department will last. Team officials said McArdle will be out at least through Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Richmond and next weekend's race at New Hampshire.

Asked if McArdle would be fired, Gillett said, "That is the subject of discussion."

Earlier Saturday, Richard Petty, the minority owner or RPM, had said McArdle had been fired and that Friday was his last day. He would not speculate how many others in the engine and chassis department might lose jobs if RPM uses Roush-Yates engines and Roush Fenway chassis as planned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4467889

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2009, 08:31:14 am »
"We have less debt per dollar than any club in the league."

just listened to it and he actually said: "We have less debt per dollar than any other major club in the league." so he's technically correct but misleading as we still need to spend shedloads to get our stadium...the little shit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:01:35 am by koppper »
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2009, 10:24:18 am »
sorry about your dog, man, that hurts.

I reckon that Hicks took, amongst other things, our transfer budget this summer to pay for the first installment of paying down the debt to rbs.....basically the alonso money, or the david silva money. With the train wreck of the american economy, and his utter failure to interest even bush in buying the rangers, where else is he gonna get 60 mill?
I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he told rafa.

So he takes 50 odd million from the team, so he can keep the team, so that he can sell the team at a 50 million profit somewhere down the road. That's a 100* million dollar theft. I'm fast coming round to the nuclear option.....who needs fucking Texas. ( I'll give you a heads up 4pool ).

( * using the patented Hicks system of setting values, all figures disturbingly exaggerated )

I can't see Gillett putting in his own money and letting Hicks use the transfer kitty to pay his share.

They had to reduce the debt by around £130m if reports are correct so where did they get the money from to do this?

There wasn't enough in the transfer budget to cover Hicks' half let alone the whole amount.  As ever with these two twats no-one knows how they got the money to make the payments  ::)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:31 am »
I would question the tense of that statement of his - maybe £17-£20m went from Rafa's budget, so that may have gone straight to RBS leaving them each to find circa £55m. According to SMTM's information the £65m each has to be paid down by end October, so Gillett's going to be using Habs sale money for the balance (presuming no one would be stupid enough to give him another loan.) Hicks can't get a loan due to his default, plus he is about to enter litigation with his HSG creditors according to some US newspapers. He can't sell the Rangers/part-sell the Rangers atm. So how is he going to find his share?

BTW Was Kenny sitting between Ayres and Purselow on Saturday? Thought it was Ayres on his left, couldn't catch who was on his right.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2009, 05:04:24 pm »
Ayres has been traveling all over Asia according to HKKop so I doubt he was at Anfield on Saturday.  He was at the Hong Kong announcement of StanChart's sponsorship of LFC today.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 9, 2010, 09:29:59 pm »

Groove auto group buys 2 Burt dealerships, 1 broker
Summit Automotive, led by two Colorado executives, buys two dealerships and a car brokerage from Burt.
By Steve Raabe
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/09/2010 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/09/2010 08:47:29 AM MST

An auto-dealership group led by Colorado executives George Gillett Jr. and Rod Buscher is expanding its Denver presence with three acquisitions.

Summit Automotive Partners has purchased Ford and Mazda dealerships on East Arapahoe Road and a car-brokerage firm from Burt Automotive.

Effective Monday, the dealerships reopened under Summit Automotive's Groove brand. The brokerage will continue to operate as H.M. Brown & Associates. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Buscher and Gillett last year purchased Toyota Scion and Subaru dealerships from Burt.

"We are very bullish on the car business," said Buscher, president and chief executive of Groove and Summit.

The optimism, he said, stems from tangible factors: depletion of on-road inventories of older cars resulting from last year's Cash for Clunkers program, the increasing average age of cars owned by Americans, a rise over the past year in savings rates and the growth of the youth demographic that will put more teen drivers on the road in the next decade.

"For all those reasons, we believe there will be a lot of pent-up demand," Buscher said.

Buscher was a co-founder of the former John Elway dealerships in Colorado. Vail-based Gillett has extensive holdings in ski resorts, professional sports and meatpacking.

Summit Automotive owns 32 dealerships across the U.S., including Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs outlets that operate under the name Vista.

"Obviously, they're a growing organization," said Tim Jackson, president of the Colorado Automobile Dealers Association. "They're growing in what otherwise is still a pretty tough market in the automotive industry."

Jackson said Summit ranks No. 3 in size among Colorado dealers, behind No. 1 AutoNation, which operates as Go in metro Denver; and the No. 2 Doug Moreland-owned chain.

Summit's acquisition of Burt's Ford and Mazda stores leaves Burt with just one major dealership, Burt Chevrolet on South Broadway.

Burt has sold several dealerships and has had others closed by manufacturers over the past year. Burt Ford in Parker closed last month.

Steve Raabe: 303-954-1948 or sraabe@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/technology/ci_14361436

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: February 9, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
Would you buy a used car from this man......

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:58 pm »
CUP: RPM In Default Of $90 Million Loan
Lack of funds at RPM is partly due to loss of Dodge support...
SceneDaily.com  |  Posted April 12, 2010   Charlotte, NC

Article written by Daniel Kaplan – Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal

Richard Petty Motorsports, the NASCAR team owned by George Gillett, has been in default on a roughly $90 million loan since at least February but expects to soon restructure the obligation, sources said last week.

The default on the debt underscores the harm NASCAR suffered from the economic collapse of late 2008 and, in particular, the impact of contraction among Detroit’s Big Three automakers on race teams. Gillett, who last year sold the Montreal Canadiens and still owns half of Liverpool FC, lost Chrysler’s backing of his race team when that company filed for bankruptcy protection. Ford is now supporting the four-car team.

“This is a very positive story,” Gillett said. “To lose Chrysler but regain the revenue and not go into the red, and the company is very healthy, that is an amazing story.”

Wachovia, which leads a syndicate of about a dozen financial institutions that issued the loan, declined to comment.

Gillett declined to comment on specifics of the restructuring because of the ongoing creditor talks, but he emphasized the default is technical in nature, meaning that he did not miss a payment but, rather, failed to meet terms of at least one covenant.

Loans commonly have covenants that might, for example, require the borrower to sustain a certain level of cash flow. Prior to the economic troubles of late 2008, lenders were relatively lenient with these kinds of defaults, but they since have become more stringent and less forgiving.

One finance source, who requested anonymity because of knowledge of the deal, denied Gillett’s characterization, insisting the default was payment-related.

No one would dispute, however, that Gillett had unfortunate timing in his summer 2007 purchase of the team.

“George bought right at the peak,” said motorsports consultant Tim Frost. “Manufacturer support has dried up and it was really strong when he bought the team.”

Upon purchasing what was then known as Evernham Motorsports, Gillett renamed the team Gillett Evernham Motorsports. According to a Uniform Commercial Code document filed on Aug. 3, 2007, with the state of Delaware, where the team is incorporated, Gillett Evernham Motorsports obtained the loan from Wachovia. The document lists the collateral as being all assets of the debtor, meaning the loan does not have recourse back to Gillett personally; the debtor is the race team.

That likely bestows Gillett some leverage in his talks with the creditors because at best they could take possession of the team assets and, perhaps, some contractual revenue from sponsors. They do not have recourse to his personal assets.

The team filed an amendment to the UCC document on Feb. 17, 2009, to account for the team’s name change to Richard Petty Motorsports. Gillett merged with Petty Enterprises in January 2009, bringing the stock-car legend’s single car to the team.

While the name of the team is Richard Petty Motorsports, it’s controlled by Gillett, the majority owner. The company’s application to establish the new entity in January 2009 with the state of North Carolina, where it operates, lists for its principal address Booth Creek Holdings, a Gillett-owned entity based in Vail, Colo.

Richard Petty Motorsports late last year merged with Yates Racing, which brought the Ford relationship into the fold.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-rpm-in-default-of-90-million-loan/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
"Restructure the obligation"

Lalalala, you have no money
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2010, 01:17:32 am »
Ominous signs for us, unless we get sold ASAP:  RPM loses star driver to rival

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5099458

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Foster Gillett, the managing partner of Richard Petty Motorsports and son of team owner George Gillett Jr., said Friday the team will recover from Kasey Kahne's decision to leave RPM after this year and sign with Hendrick Motorsports.

Gillett said he knows Kahne's departure, along with some financial difficulties his family is experiencing, have caused doubts about RPM's future.

"Many people last year were saying the same thing," Gillett said. "You know what? We're still here. We survived and thrived and we'll do it again. When change like this happens, it opens up opportunities for others. We are focusing on the opportunities we have more than what we lose."

Kahne, who drives the No. 9 Ford for RPM, announced Tuesday he is leaving the organization at the end of the season. He will drive the No. 5 Chevy for Hendrick no later than 2012. On Friday, 51-year-old Mark Martin ended any speculation that he would abandon the Hendrick seat early, saying he would be driving in 2011. He said also plans to be racing in 2012, though it isn't clear how much or for whom.

The move leaves RPM in limbo after losing its star driver. The other three drivers for RPM -- AJ Allmendinger, Paul Menard and Elliott Sadler -- also have contracts that expire at the end of 2010.

"It's a work in progress next season for our driver lineup," Gillett said. "That's not a secret. We are working to have the best drivers we can. Richard preaches to us to focus on building the best race cars we can and we'll have sponsors and drivers."

Gillett said he hopes to keep Budweiser, which sponsors Kahne's car.

"My family has a wonderful relationship with Anheuser Busch," Gillett said. "We will put out a maximum effort to keep them. If they ask me to run through this wall, I'll do it."

George Gillett is in the process of restructuring a $90 million debt on a loan that's in default. The Gillett family also is trying to sell its interest in the Liverpool soccer team of the English Premier League.

"It's no secret that my family is looking at all our options and doing all we can," Foster Gillett said. "The more liquidity we have, the better it is for NASCAR.

"This is a process we're trying to go through. We're nearing closure on that and I think good news is ahead. We've made a number of enormous changes to get better. I really believe in what we've done."

RPM merged with Yates Racing in the offseason and switched from Dodge to Ford. RPM's top driver in the standings after seven races is Menard in 15th.

Gillett had good things to say about Kahne and believes the No. 9 team will race well the rest of the season. Kahne ranks 26th in the standings, but made the Chase last year.

"We are focused more on what we can do while we have him," Gillett said. "A lot of teams would take a 30-race contract with Kasey. He's one of the best guys in the sport and we are honored to have him.

"I know what a gentleman Kasey is. He's a quality person and he has great ability as a race car driver. If you give him great equipment he'll go win, and I believe we have a championship-caliber team in the 9. I know Kasey will do his best to uphold all his commitments."

Gillett emphasized that he and his father are committed to NASCAR for the long haul.

"My family made a choice to be in NASCAR," he said. "We've learned some hard lessons and I have to take responsibility for how things have gone. We've had some hardships, but we've gone through worse."

Gillett also said he has no hard feelings about Rick Hendrick signing Kahne.

"I've learned a lot out of this from watching Mr. Hendrick," Gillett said. "I'm 34 and I want what he has. These things are cyclical. Mr. Hendrick is on a wonderful run. He has wonderful people because he treats them well. The bar has been set high and they are wonderful champions. But if he slips up, we'll gain ground."
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »
Ominous signs for us, unless we get sold ASAP:  RPM loses star driver to rival
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5099458

not all that ominous really - kahne is moving from a so so team to arguably the best nascar team around - to be teammates with 4 time points champion jimmy johnson (who incidentally is consistently the best placed driver the past few seasons), jeff gordon, who isn't doing great this year or last, but is already a legend in the sport, and dale jr, who is probably one of the most famous racecar drivers, from one of the all time great racing families in the US..

kahne moving to hendrick just makes all kinds of sense for him - richard petty motorsports is a mess - why wouldn't he move to a superior team and get to work with some of the best in their field?

will RPM keep budweiser? who knows.. they've not had it that long - they only got it cause dale jr moved from DEI to hendrick and drives the AMP Energy car now. - quite frankly, i hope they do lose it

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2010, 03:11:35 am »
Oh, the irony...Gillet sells Les Canadiens before this season and they knock-off the #1 and #2 teams and are heading to the Stanley Cup semi-finals...

Damn, I hope that happens to us when that leach leaves.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2010, 04:13:12 am »
Oh, the irony...Gillet sells Les Canadiens before this season and they knock-off the #1 and #2 teams and are heading to the Stanley Cup semi-finals...

Damn, I hope that happens to us when that leach leaves.
not to be a historicist but habs are also the most decorated team in nhl history. :)
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2010, 04:27:01 am »
not to be a historicist but habs are also the most decorated team in nhl history. :)

But they have been crap to mediocre for years and years. Great fans though. They'll boo a player who doesn't work hard.

The Molson's who sold the team to Gillette sold with a right to buy the team back and did. Now...voila...a team of giant killers.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2010, 06:45:16 pm »
The Molson's who sold the team to Gillette sold with a right to buy the team back and did. Now...voila...a team of giant killers.

Their success has nothing to do with Gillette and everything to do with Bob Gainey

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2010, 07:51:25 pm »
 Targhee expansion deadline extended

Teton County Wyo. Commissioners give Gillett until 2013

Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:35 am | Updated: 11:28 am, Thu May 13, 2010.

Lisa Nyren TVN Staff

Teton County Wyo. Commissioners last week granted Grand Targhee Resort an extension on its proposed expansion.

Commissioners voted to extend the expiration of the resort's master plan until Feb. 4, 2013, a year sooner than applicant and resort owner Geordie Gillett had requested.

The board originally approved the expansion project in 2008, with a set master plan expiration date of Feb. 4, 2011.

The George Gillett family proposed expansion plans more than five years ago. On the western slope of the Tetons, the ski area sits at about 8,000 feet and is surrounded by national forest and wildlands that are home to grizzlies, wolverines and other rare species.

The resort now contains 96 lodging units that are rented to guests and it has limited commercial space.

With the 2008 approval, the Gilletts can have as many as 450 units, including employee housing, on site. Most of those units, 360, must be designed as short-term lodging. Grand Targhee may also build 150,000 square feet of space for commercial and resort services, amenities and support uses.

Thirty-six conditions were put upon the 2008 approval.

http://www.tetonvalleynews.net/article_31d43e40-5ea5-11df-928d-001cc4c002e0.html

condition number one - you need some money  >:(

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2010, 03:36:17 pm »
Their success has nothing to do with Gillette and everything to do with Bob Gainey

I would agree for this season plus a giant slice of good fortune.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2010, 05:05:43 am »
I would agree for this season plus a giant slice of good fortune.

That's why I made the comment above. They had good fortune after Gillett left. I hope we have the same!

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: June 1, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »
 The house of cards

The most precarious situation in the garage right now is Richard Petty Motorsports – and the problem is two-fold. RPM is a client of Roush Fenway Racing and Roush Yates Engines. Should RPM tank, not only would RFR lose a sizeable chunk of business, but the Richard Petty brand would suffer as well.

Where the drivers and sponsors are concerned, everything is up for renewal. Kahne has already served notice, and Budweiser appears headed to RCR.

AJ Allmendinger, who has survived the instability that is RPM, wasn’t even contacted by management regarding his contract until Kahne’s move to Hendrick became public. Allmendinger has potential but lacks a pit crew that can maintain his position on the racetrack and chemistry with his crew chief that enables the pair to close the deal. Unless Allmendinger is offered a more competitive package at RPM (maybe the current No. 9 crew?) he should consider his options – whether that’s the No. 6 team with Roush or something outside of the Ford camp.

Paul Menard can write his own ticket since his sponsorship resides in his pocket. But given the progress that Menard has made as a driver with crew chief Slugger Labbe, it would be a shame to split up this partnership. Menard not only posted the best result (eighth) for the RPM camp Sunday night at Charlotte, but he was the top Ford finisher as well.

Elliott Sadler’s best finish this season was 18th at Texas. His record boasts three top 20 finishes in 13 starts. Last season’s average finish was 23.9. Sadler qualified for the Chase just once – in 2004 – the same year as his last Cup win. Sadler is an extremely popular driver. However, at 35, his best years are behind him.

RPM promised Ford Motorsports a big-name driver to replace Kahne. Although it was rumored there were talks between RPM and Kevin Harvick, the current points leader made his plans official last week. Marcos Ambrose and David Reutimann have also been mentioned as possibilities, but Ambrose has another year remaining on his contract, and management at Michael Waltrip Racing is confident Reutimann will re-sign with the team. The performance at RPM would have to change dramatically to attract the caliber of driver who could make a significant difference for that company. Without an infusion of cash, that's unlikely to happen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-silly-season-far-from-over-in-2010

you hearing that George - you need CASH

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #231 on: June 1, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
But George (unlike Tom) has lots of ready cash.

He just won't spend it because he is a greedy bastard.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 1, 2010, 07:33:35 pm »
But George (unlike Tom) has lots of ready cash.

He just won't spend it because he is a greedy bastard.

ready cash, nope, you need to read the whole thread you might think a bit differently then

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #233 on: June 1, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »
ready cash, nope, you need to read the whole thread you might think a bit differently then
but I have a life!

I thought he made quite a large profit on the canadians?
ie they weren't leveraged to the skies.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 2, 2010, 11:09:16 am »
but I have a life!

I thought he made quite a large profit on the canadians?
ie they weren't leveraged to the skies.

it was highly leveraged and then there was that little note on LFC to sort out  ;)