Author Topic: Rafa's full BBC Interview - 25 minutes long.  (Read 15482 times)

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
Re: Rafa's full BBC Interview - 25 minutes long.
« Reply #160 on: February 9, 2011, 05:45:44 am »
Are you messing?

I think this is why Rafa talking about the manager's position can be destabilising. It's obvious a small section are still conflicted by his departure instead of throwing their full support behind the King and his wonderfulness.

What an absolutely ludicrous statement.

You must be one miserly soul if you only have room in yourself to love one thing at a time, and trying to do more than that reduces how much you loved something else.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #161 on: February 9, 2011, 06:03:38 am »
Really interesting watch that. I'd love to see the bits that they still didn't show. You can tell that it goes on more after he says that he had more things on the "rant" but he was having to wait, they cut it out. I'd love to know if he said what else he was going to say at that conference.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 9, 2011, 06:11:30 am »
Can somebody please get him to do an interview just for RAWK.. i mean all questions from rawk members n stuff..
it would be absolute boss..
love the part where he says Liverpool is a massive club n keeps shaking his head when as asked about el ninny leaving
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #163 on: February 9, 2011, 06:16:09 am »
Can somebody please get him to do an interview just for RAWK.. i mean all questions from rawk members n stuff..
it would be absolute boss..
love the part where he says Liverpool is a massive club n keeps shaking his head when as asked about el ninny leaving

This.
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline dgoh

• Kopite
  • Son. Brother. Student. RAWKite
« Reply #164 on: February 9, 2011, 06:18:46 am »
What a man and what an interview. Would definitely had won no. 19 if he was still here, no doubt about that.

Particularly liked that bit about him admitting he made mistakes. Well it's pretty obvious that everyone makes mistakes, but when have you ever seen a manager come out and admit that, definitely Roy.

However kenny is who the club needs right now, hopefully he'll get his chance a few years down the road. I was visualising him with some senior role at the club, certainly wouldn't mind him taking over comolli place with his kind of transfer record.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #165 on: February 9, 2011, 06:23:32 am »
I'm sure Rafa would have no problem picking up the reigns once Kenny is done. I think the man's destined to return to the club sooner or later.

I hope

Offline Calvinnn

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • The king will return us to glory
« Reply #166 on: February 9, 2011, 06:39:21 am »
Good interview, im sure he'll be back one day. Kenny has my full support and i'm glad hes here, but when he goes (not that I want him to) I would love to see what Rafa could do under proper owners.
"For a Dane, it's about having respect for the club you play at. I am proud to be able to pull on my Liverpool jersey, and will never go to another club in England. I will never go to play for Manchester United or Everton. It's about a form of respect for the club." - Daniel Agger

Offline StevePass

• TheBloodyBallWillYer?!
  • Anny Roader
  • Talks cock and bull.
« Reply #167 on: February 9, 2011, 06:41:37 am »
He looks well and happy.  Hope he gets a chance to manage another top club successfully.    He did well for Liverpool during a difficult period.

Offline ACE1

• Main Stander
« Reply #168 on: February 9, 2011, 08:29:46 am »
i have a feeling that King Kenny will bring Rafa in at some point, in some capacity, maybe director of football, so that when its time Kenny can handover to Rafa...

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #169 on: February 9, 2011, 08:38:57 am »

That being said he has always had problems with the owners or board wherever he has gone, which might scare FSV away.

not sure whether this would be true or not, but i'd be very worried if it was. all rafa ever wanted from owners is reasonable investment in the club and enough control to do his job properly. if FSG have a problem with that (I don't think they would) then we're in trouble. the worry i would have is that their views about him would be clouded by the media and c*nts like purslow, but hopefully when the time comes their expertise on football will have improved enough to recognise what Rafa achieved with us and why he'd be the perfect replacement for Kenny.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 9, 2011, 08:48:03 am »
Talk of replacing Kenny?

That'll be a long way away from being necessary.
@paulair

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #171 on: February 9, 2011, 08:53:47 am »
Are you messing?

I think this is why Rafa talking about the manager's position can be destabilising. It's obvious a small section are still conflicted by his departure instead of throwing their full support behind the King and his wonderfulness.

Not conflicted at all, was devastated when he left. Will always regret that in my opinion he never got the chance he deserved under decent ownership.
Equally have always regretted the way Kenny left and the fact that he has let it be known he would have come back after his Blackburn role but up until now we never gave him the chance.

Kenny is deservedly getting his return and long may it continue would love Rafa to get the same one day however unlikely that is.

I am not so small minded that i can't regret what happened to Rafa but enjoy as much as anyone the return of Kenny.
I booked tickets for Sparta Prague, felt like a kid when i got off the phone, Kenny has done that to me.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #172 on: February 9, 2011, 09:12:46 am »
Would you be saying the same about any of our other previous European cup-winning managers?
This hits the nail on the noggin for me and it shits me to tears. We are allowed to speak about our other wonderful former managers til the cows come home but mention our most recent wonderful manager and people don't want a bar of it. How the hell does that make any sense??
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #173 on: February 9, 2011, 09:15:43 am »
Watching this interview, you can see the flaws in Benitez's character. He's evasive, defensive and always tries and justify what he did even though they weren't the best decisions eg. Alonso baby > Alonso transfer > Aquilani / Johnson / Soto.

I really do wish he would hold his hands up sometimes and say with hindsight that he could have handled XYZ situation better. Candidness and honesty can be a virtue Mr Benitez!!!!

Not taking away any of his achievements on the pitch - Benitez is a genuis, albeit a flawed one - but I'm so glad that we have Dalglish at the club.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 9, 2011, 09:17:26 am »
Can't believe so many people bought this:

What about a dream team of Kenny and Rafa as joint managers? I know we tried it in the past with Houllier and Evans, but I don't think we gave it a proper chance and I'm convinced over time it would have been very successful.

I'd love to see Kenny and Rafa in tandem as a partnership, we'd be unstoppable!

My favourite reply was this one:

Are you messing?

:lmao

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 9, 2011, 09:17:54 am »
His love of the club shines through that interview, though he never really explained the Alonso mess.

I think talk of him taking over 'sooner or later' is unnecessary and unwarranted.

Kenny needs some space and time to do his thing.

Offline Junkle

• Stupid
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: February 9, 2011, 09:31:05 am »
My eyes are welling... great man.
The weakest link in the team is our main man BR.

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 9, 2011, 09:39:57 am »
There's always one.

Cheers OP, going to give this a watch now.

Edit: I'd fucking love to know who this was.

I remember sitting in a radio studio when an unnamed pundit claimed that Benitez had "offered nothing in 2005" and that the Champions League win over AC Milan in Istanbul was achieved "in spite of Benitez and certainly not because of him".

Lawrie Sanchez was heading towards something like that when I heard him, turned off before he fininshed but I did hear that we'd ''won it by default'' and 'done nothing since', Dan Roan pointed out what we'd done since.
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline Junkle

• Stupid
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: February 9, 2011, 09:41:51 am »
One other thing which makes me laugh a bit is the sorry mental state we find ourselves in right now. Many people feel that they have to show that love for Rafa but immediately indicate that they are also in love with KK and KK has to remain our manager. mmmmmm... It like we have been pushed into a corner and asked to choose between the two. KK is a great man and a great manager and will be around for a long while .... so let us relax and just talk about Rafa and the interview.
The weakest link in the team is our main man BR.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 9, 2011, 09:43:31 am »
Lawrie Sanchez was heading towards something like that when I heard him, turned off before he fininshed but I did hear that we'd ''won it by default'' and 'done nothing since', Dan Roan pointed out what we'd done since.

fuckin' lawrie sanchez  :lmao :lmao :rash

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 9, 2011, 09:50:03 am »
Watching this interview, you can see the flaws in Benitez's character. He's evasive, defensive and always tries and justify what he did even though they weren't the best decisions eg. Alonso baby > Alonso transfer > Aquilani / Johnson / Soto.

I really do wish he would hold his hands up sometimes and say with hindsight that he could have handled XYZ situation better. Candidness and honesty can be a virtue Mr Benitez!!!!

Not taking away any of his achievements on the pitch - Benitez is a genuis, albeit a flawed one - but I'm so glad that we have Dalglish at the club.

It's a character trait common with many successful people. There's a story about a kid who went up to Jack Nicklaus and asked him about a 2 footer he'd missed, Jack cut him down in an instant declaring 'I've never missed a 2 footer in my life', in his mind, he hadn't.

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 9, 2011, 09:51:34 am »
fuckin' lawrie sanchez  :lmao :lmao :rash

It was the same session that he said we weren't a big club, Dan Roan's reaction was similar to yours.

Offline gavleopardi

• Main Stander
« Reply #182 on: February 9, 2011, 10:01:17 am »
The grace, the dignity, the intelligence, the humility - this man made me feel proud to support my club! He will always be a hero to me and one day I wish he comes back (after Kenny knocks UTD of their 'f***** perch!")

Offline Heathcote_Simpleton

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: February 9, 2011, 10:02:14 am »
Comments on the website from lvpl78 at replies 37, 101 and 106 are superb.

I agree with those saying Rafa was atrocious in the transfer window, as the combined 103 million pounds return on Mascherano, Alonso and Torres testifies.

On top of that Benitez has wasted 6 million on the dreadful Pepe Reina, who is now clearly worth less than that. Same goes for the awful Daniel Agger who Benitez splurged a further 6.5m on, and Martin Skrtel, who at another 6 million must be one of the most expensive defenders in world football, and is not as good as Rio Ferdinand who cost only fractionally more.

Then you have players like Yossi Benayoun, who whilst scoring several hat-tricks and being sold for a profit to Chelsea, was total rubbish. And Glen Johnson, who although he may have cost less than five
separate Chelsea full backs, is - wait for it - suspect defensively.

The signing of Momo Sissoko was another disaster. Sold two years later for a profit to buy Mascherano. And Peter Crouch, who whilst becoming an England regular at Liverpool, was eventually sold at a profit along with Craig Bellamy, also sold at a profit, to buy Fernando Torres, who turned out to be total pigswill.

What really gets my goat though is Benitez's uncontrollable spending on the likes of Josemi for 2million pounds which is a huge amount of money in modern football, or Andrea Dossena, who ended up being sold at a enormous loss of 1 million pounds and replaced by the disastrous Insua, who Benitez irresponsibly splashed zero pounds on.

His crazy spending, reaching almost a third that of Chelsea who he finished above and had a better record in Europe than, continued with the gargantuan mistake that was Aquilani, a player injured for most of last season, then loaned out to Juve this season, where he has been the best midfielder in Serie A.

It's all very well these Liverpool fans saying he won more games, won more points, had a better record in Europe than any Liverpool manager since Dalglish, but he's rubbish don't you know? The Champions league was a total fluke, as demonstrated by a continual failure to get anywhere near the latter stages ever again post 2005. He only won the CL in 2005 because he was bequeathed great players from his predecessor like Smicer, Traore, Biscan, Kewell, Baros, Cisse (all played in Istanbul) - along with the likes of Cheyrou, Murphy, Diao, Diomede and others. He didn't have clue what he was doing - he just bagged multiple very flukey wins in Europe against the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Inter, Juve, Chelsea, Milan and others.

Finally, what annoyed me most about Benitez was his defensive tactics. Whilst it is true to say that Liverpool scored more goals than any other side in England in 2008-09, including beating Real Madrid 4-0 and United 4-1 at OT, they were still just so defensive, all because they had two holding midfielders. So they scored over 100 goals! Big deal!! Defensive!

Rafa needs to learn how to spot up and coming talent on the cheap like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Owen Hargreaves, Juan Veron and Dimitar Berbatov. Ok, so maybe Chelsea spent more than Benitez during his tenure by about 4 to 1, but he's still rubbish. He spent 10 million on Dirk Kuyt, who whilst having an impressive goals and assists record, and being one of the stars of World Cup 2010, is still a very poor player. And by the way, Benitez is very lucky that he had more players at the World Cup than any other English side. Another fluke!

How managers like Steve Bruce and Harry Redknapp would love to have had some money to spend on players, instead of making do with the peanuts they are allowed to spend on the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Darren Bent, or David Bentley - all far better than the foreign players Benitez signed.

I agree with ShefieldHarry, who rightly points out that Benitez should go and try managing a mid range club instead of crazy high spending teams like Liverpool. I'd like to see Rafa go abroad to somewhere like Spain and see how he does against the likes of Barca or Real on a shoestring. See how he likes that.

Benitez should also look at Arsene Wenger for a lesson in how to win trophies properly. I don't care that the two sides that have exponentially outpent every other team, Chelsea and United, have won the league every single year since 2004, Benitez is still dreadful.

The problems Roy Hodgson had were nothing to do with his tactics. It's all because he was left bad players. Benitez got lucky with that set of bad players over the course of several years finishing top 4, 2nd, getting record points totals, breaking goal scoring records, and Reina winning golden gloves awards, winning the CL, getting to another final, winning the FA cup etc etc. He got lucky over a period of seven years. Hodgson was deseperately unlucky because the players he inherited were rubbish. If the former Bristol City manager, who once got Inter Milan to finish 5th, and who four years ago was coaching in the UAE, can't get the best out of tem it proves they are rubbish. Now we are witnessing Kenny Dalglish come in and be unbelievably lucky in spite of reverting to tactics much closer to Benitez's. So far he has had four very lucky wins and clean sheets.

Benitez is a terrible manager, as his record at Valencia shows. He's also clearly very difficult to get along with as this interviewer clearly found him cold and distant and didn't enjoy his time with him one little bit.

I'd like to add my agreement with Freddie I, post #80.

What on earth was Benitez playing at with the youth policy at Liverpool prior to his arrival?

It was a massive oversight on his part circa 2001 to not have clairvoyantly instructed the Liverpool youth coaches at that time to select and nurture better players, so that he would be able to make use of them five years later when he became Liverpool manager.

On top of that, the list of talented players that actually came through the ranks during Benitez's early tenure, only to be mistakenly discarded, is galling and firm confirmation of what an awful manager he is. Stephen Warnock, Neil Mellor, Darren Potter, Jack Hobbs, Richie Partridge and Zak Whitbread are just a few of the galacticos Benitez foolishly let slip through his fingers. He has also showed his ungratefulness for these players by 100% revamping the youth system at Liverpool, employing the same coaches that nurtured the current Barca team as youngsters. Now Liverpool are having to make do with youngsters showing very little potential such as Raheem Sterling, Suso, and 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship Golden boot winner, and Spanish prodigy, Dani Pacheco.

His predecessor Gerard Houllier inherited a rag tag bunch of poor youngsters including Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen. People might point out that Houllier played Carragher at full back and Gerrard in central midfield, where everyone knows he is at his best. Benitez played Carragher as a centre back to disastrous results in the 2005 European campaign, and moved Gerrard to a support striker role, with halrious consequences as the hapless out of sorts midfielder scored 24 goals in one season becoming footballer of the year. Benitez was even idiotic enough to play Gerrard right wing in 2006, which hugely backfired as Gerrard mustered a measly 23 goals, with Liverpool winning ten consecutive league games. luckily this year sanity was restored and Roy restored Steven to his rightful place in the middle of the park and the team never looked back. Rather worryingly, Kenny Dalglish seems to now have moved him slightly further forward.

But Freddie I is right. It would be a disaster if Benitez were to take charge at somewhere like say - Old Trafford. Especially because he would halt the youth policy that has relentlessly flowed under Ferguson at a consistant rate, with about eight players breaking through in 1995, then none until John O Shea became a decent squad player in the early part of this decade, and now local Salford boys like the Da Silva brothers, Hernandez, and Bebe who the canny Ferguson frugally purchased for 7.5 million just five weeks after he had signed for Vitória de Guimarães on a free transfer.

Freddie is also right to point out the comparitive league positions of Benitez and his predecessors. Those who foolishly defend Benitez by pointing out that his points per game, win ratio, and points totals were higher than his precessors, fail to take into account the fact that Benitez had an easy ride up against novices like Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho and Hiddink. I don't care if Benitez did achieve a points total in 2009 that would have won the league in most other seasons (including this one) on a budget much smaller than his rivals, with Roman Abramovich pumping unprecedented amounts of cash into Chelsea. His predecessors had to contend with the likes of Bruce Rioch, Ruud Gullit, and Glenn Hoddle. It's all very well people arguing that by the time Benitez left Liverpool, the 15 most expensive signings in Premier League history were all made by Chelsea, Man United or City, and reminding people that in relative terms Houllier and Evans spent much more, or that indeed Roy Evans broke the British transfer record to sign Stan Collymore. But he is still rubbish, as Freddie I and others have highlighted. Look at Robbie Keane. Bought for a large fee, played with mixed effect, sold soon after for a loss. You would never get Harry Redknapp doing that. Not only did Benitez sign a bad player in Keane, but before he was forced to sell him to make interest payments, sometimes he didn't even pick him, and was rightly slaughtered by Jamie "you don't put a 20m pound on the bench Redknapp" such as in the match where Liverpool won at Newcastle 5-1.

Hear hear G4LIVERPOOL post #103

I hated those defensive tactics in 2009, when Liverpool scored 104 goals. Boring! And good shout on the problems he had relating to players. Imagine Ferguson falling out with Jaap Stam, David Beckham or Paul Ince. It would never happen, he's too nice a guy. Luckily, the players Benitez fell out with eventually got their way, with Hodgson appointed and a return to the glory years.

And what I like about your 2005 argument is that it's well thought through, backed by logic, and rational. That Champions League win was all about the determination of the players and won single handedly by Gerrard after he switched to right wing back of his own accord. It was all done in spite of the manager, who was telling them they had already lost, and who also managed to screw up the preceding four legs against Chelsea and Juve. Luckily Benitez was shown up for what he really was the following four years as Liverpool reached another final, a semi final, and a quarter final, luckily getting fortunate wins over Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Real Madrid (who they scraped past 5-0 on aggregate by putting every man behind the ball and defending for their lives).
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #186 on: February 9, 2011, 10:23:21 am »
A really good interview, and one which only goes to cement his relationship with both the City, and the fans. History is always the fairest judge of a manager’s tenure. An EC win, a final and an FA Cup win, five good league years including a runners up spot, are written in stone, he did it. His affection for us is unsurprising, after an extended apprenticeship as a Madridista, we provided him with permanence in an otherwise transient managerial career.

Criticism of his transfer record is largely unjustified in cash terms. However the failure of a team that contained in Alonso, Masch, Torres and Gerrard four genuinely world class players, (and Pepe) to win things was his Achillies heel. He won neither of our trophies in open play, were those victories triumphs on the day, or botched jobs which came good? (Hence the BBC quote that Istanbul was “in spite of Benitez, and certainly not because of him”.) My view? See the first para – you either do it, or you don’t.

Greatness tends to come with conflict. His relationship with the UK press whilst he was Manager was poor, largely because he didn’t make the effort. Yet naturally he is a gracious and humorous man, as this interview shows. I think he has learned. Obsessive behaviour and single-mindedness works when you are succeeding, and is ridiculed when you are not. That’s the deal.

The greatest conundrum of his tenure here remains unsolved. Rafa loves to portray himself as the great tactician and chess player. So why did a man with four years remaining on his contract not keep his head down and allow a doomed regime to implode? Wrong move.

Football is about passion, drama, and victory. At Istanbul and Cardiff and in our second finish he delivered that in a way that will resonate forever. That G&H should have coincided with Rafa’s tenure is part of the mythology- there will always be the “what if”?

For me Rafa is the ideal Director of Football, a love of the Club, contemporary experience, vast experience at Real Madrid of the infrastructure of a big club, great attention to detail, a Club Legend  and out of the unforgiving day to day pressures and politics of frontline management.

"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #187 on: February 9, 2011, 10:25:34 am »
Can anyone make this video none flash friendly.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: February 9, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
Can i just say that Kenny being here right now and holding everthing together is JUST WHAT WE NEEDED,

But RAFA, Fuck this man is a true legend to me. I love the way he conducts himself and the fact that he LOVES OUR CLUB to death is even more reason for me loving this guy.

Im happy with Kenny and happy with Rafa. Why cant we have both. Kenny as the coaching director and Rafa as manager with Steve clark as first team coach.

The boot room would be epic. Could you imagine the chess games they would have in there.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #190 on: February 9, 2011, 10:59:01 am »

WTF!?!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 9, 2011, 11:00:56 am »
Inter was playing some hard core attacking football during his reign.

Yes. But those defeats. Spurs especially come to mind. Very hard core, eh? :)

And pure. :)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #192 on: February 9, 2011, 11:00:58 am »
heathcote simpleton muhahaha i love it that was hillarious ,don't forget it was gerrad houllier who inspired the team in istanbul at half time to come back rafa was just sipping tea
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: February 9, 2011, 11:06:57 am »
Yes. But those defeats. Spurs especially come to mind. Very hard core, eh? :)

And pure. :)

Think Eto might have a better idea what went on Inter than you....With all due respect.

Eto'o does not feel that it was just results that led to Benitez's departure and revealed that an incident occurred that prompted a fall-out with some of the players.

"What mistake did Benitez make? Until the match against Juventus (a 0-0 draw on October 3) we had been playing well," he said.

"Then something happened in the dressing room, which I will keep to myself, and things ended up as they did."

Asked whether he was one of the mutineers, the Cameroon international hit-man made it clear that he was firmly on the side of the Spanish tactician.

"No, I wasn't," he replied. "I have known him since I was 17 and I had a great relationship with him. But others had it in for him."

http://www.setanta.com/ien/Articles/2011/01/21/Benitez-lost-dressing-room---Etoo/gnid-86394/
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: February 9, 2011, 11:08:14 am »
heathcote simpleton muhahaha i love it that was hillarious ,don't forget it was gerrad houllier who inspired the team in istanbul at half time to come back rafa was just sipping tea

And we have got Roy to thank fo the last 4 results! ;)

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #195 on: February 9, 2011, 11:11:00 am »
Get him in as the Kings Assistant Manager when he gets the job Full Time
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline topcorner2345

• Main Stander
  • You Get Me !
« Reply #196 on: February 9, 2011, 11:11:21 am »
As much as i have great respect for Rafa i think his time at Liverpool has passed him by now. He put us firmly back on the euro landscape and gave us our respect worldwide back,that is something no one can take away. would like to see him at a few matches would get a great reception

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 9, 2011, 11:33:10 am »
Xerxes as usual must spoil an otherwise sound thread.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 9, 2011, 11:39:53 am »
Get him in as the Kings Assistant Manager when he gets the job Full Time
Haha been done, got loads of bites n all...

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 9, 2011, 11:41:18 am »
87:13