Author Topic: Billions  (Read 16986 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Billions
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2023, 11:04:08 pm »
Indeed but Wags is the best. His excitement at the nappies stuff was excellent ;D

Haha, I want to know what sicko came up with the game!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: November 2, 2023, 11:37:32 am »

Read over the weekend that because of the success of Billions a spin-off series is being seriously discussed. Might be that we haven't seen the last of Wags !

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #122 on: November 2, 2023, 12:02:34 pm »
Incredible that a show with such a dry core theme ended up as one of my fave of all time. That a show that had the worst of capitalism at it's core (perhaps the most pure example of capitalism), something that goes against all my core beliefs, had me hooked and rooting for the "bad" guys was a testament to the writing and acting on display. Every episode the script was tight AF, snappy smart dialogue, brilliantly weaving multiple threads and characters. Even though Prince was brought in for the last few seasons, the core dynamic/relationship between Axelrod and Rhoades (x2) was the rock the show was built on. The final exchanges between them were awesome, the nod to the resumption of hostilities, although with new found respect, had me wanting the show to go on but they finished with aplomb. Shows that outstay their welcome always end up jumping the shark and I'm glad that it finished on a high instead.

Spoiler
Absolutely loved the finale. It was super obvious that they were going to take Prince down but that didn't make it any less satisfying. Not ashamed to say I was a bit emotional by the end, loved how that wrapped everything up. Wags and Scooter was an unexpectedly lovely moment. The moment with Taylor and Rian the previous episode hit home too, one of the more understated relationships in the show.
[close]

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #123 on: November 2, 2023, 12:03:31 pm »
Read over the weekend that because of the success of Billions a spin-off series is being seriously discussed. Might be that we haven't seen the last of Wags !
Oh a Wags spin off would be awesome! Any indication if it was to be set in the past or future?

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 2, 2023, 12:21:13 pm »
Oh a Wags spin off would be awesome! Any indication if it was to be set in the past or future?

No the article was quite vague, but it did say that serious discussions had been held with the production team, the studio and some of the actors and everyone was very positive about it.

Like you I loved that last episode. It tied everything up wonderfully and there really were some quite emotional moments in it.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #125 on: November 2, 2023, 06:00:25 pm »

A standalone film. 80s coming-of-age/gross-out throwback about his first time at Rock Fantasy Camp.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: November 2, 2023, 06:17:42 pm »

I've read that there is a Billions London in the works, so possibly to allow Damien Lewis to reprise his role a little bit but be close to his family.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #127 on: November 2, 2023, 06:57:21 pm »
Only just started watching this. Sits somewhere between nowhere near as good as succession but not as shite as Suits.

Very watchable
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2023, 04:46:41 pm »
Finally finished it. I thought the last ep was very satisfying and all in all enjoyed this series. Having Axe back and involved makes a huge difference.