Author Topic: Stephen Gately has died aged 33  (Read 5597 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stephen Gately has died aged 33
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »
Yeah you try & keep a bit fit and watch the weight from time to time to protect the body as the years go by and then you hear of this and you wonder why you bother?  May as well take up the fags and stuff again.

I know a couple of  young people who've died when appearing fit and healthy as a result of anneurism.  One had it in the brain and the other in the heart.  These things are unfortunately ticking time bombs (think you can be born with them and they can lie 'dormant' for yrs) and you'll keel without notice unlike for example heart attacks which can give a bit of notice with chest pains/minor attacks etc.

Shocking really.

Offline 23 Carra Gold

• Main Stander
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 03:12:59 pm »
They found Foe had an heart problem that wasnt detected otherwise the fella would probably still be here, the same happened to Thuram who had a medical at PSG but they found he had the shame condition. Does put the shits up you though

Offline Swift

• Slow as fuck
  • Anny Roader
  • You beautiful bald bastard
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »
Wow thats a shame.

RIP
I am a c*nt. I am a c*nt. I am a tremendous great c*nt. :wave
Quote from: Leon Black on 19th October 2009
You shoulda come back with da bottom half of dat ass

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
Very sad. RIP

Offline oldboybailey

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »
is anyone really that bothered? ok its awful when people die but lots of people will have died today. whats so special about this fella? shite boyband fluf

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 09:11:15 pm »
is anyone really that bothered? ok its awful when people die but lots of people will have died today. whats so special about this fella? shite boyband fluf

Well it adds to the scary amount of celebrities who have died this year...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Only1StevieG

• Kopite
  • Better than Frank Lampard
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 01:02:56 am »

I'm sure if anyone posted on here that someone had died young (famous or not) people would post messages saying RIP just to be respectful. Just because he's famous it doesn't make it ok to say it doesn't matter that he's died, fair enough if you didn't like his music but if you don't care just don't post anything.

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 01:32:37 am »
Is it any more suspicious than a seemingly fit and healthy footballer falling stone cold dead on a pitch, ala Marc-Vivien Foe?

We dont know if this fella had any underlying health problems.

Well yes, footballers exert themselves every day in training and matches, a normal singer chap doesn't.

Strange comment there Gareth.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:24 am »
Well yes, footballers exert themselves every day in training and matches, a normal singer chap doesn't.

Ah but consider the Gaelic football player who died in his sleep due to an undetected heart condition.

It could well be that Stephen Gately had.

Or it could be that Sudden Adult Death Syndrome

I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »
Or it could be him choking to death on his own vomit.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 05:42:50 pm »

Yep.  Or been taking 'leisure drugs'.  Either way, I don't expect either possibility to be aired too loudly by his family, and you can understand why.  Best leave it 'natural causes'.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 06:41:21 pm »
resists urge to make joke about homosexuals and oral sex (and Amir)
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »
resists urge to make joke about homosexuals and oral sex (and Amir)

;D

All this cyber bullying is edging me towards handing in a transfer request. Are tlw taking new members?

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »
It's only words

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 08:42:28 pm »
Stephen Gately died?

what a bummer.

(in my defence, someone was gonna do it sooner or later)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 08:44:03 pm »
Stephen Gately died?

what a bummer.

(in my defence, someone was gonna do it sooner or later)

And several already did in the other thread ::)

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Bobilino

• Obvious troll.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 08:44:03 pm »
Who?

Offline Skinny

• was born in a bathtub, and grew so incredibly thin, even the end of an eyedropper sucked him in. Swift in bed
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 08:55:43 pm »
;D

All this cyber bullying is edging me towards handing in a transfer request. Are tlw taking new members?

I am there too :D
Get busy living or get busy dying

-Andy Dufresne

Offline K1RKY

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 09:04:48 pm »
random

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »
And several already did in the other thread ::)
Insensitive bastards!

It is shocking and very sad but celebs are fair game dead or alive.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 11:17:47 pm »
Insensitive bastards!

It is shocking and very sad but celebs are fair game dead or alive.

This is something Ive always found strange Ive often taught about why this is and the best reason i can come up with is that to the general population if you only know someone because you see them on the telly there is something very unnatural about this and it creates some type of barrier between real people and fiction.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 11:29:10 pm »
Tonight I have heard of another shocking death and he was only 33 too.  :(  Heart attack apparently. A lad a year below me in school. Scary shit :(
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 11:39:52 pm »
True, you wouldn't dream of thinking up jokes about someone literally minutes after they've died if you knew them in real life, or at least i wouldn't, so maybe it is a bit strange that all celebs are fair game in this aspect but at the same time it's strange to see the massive outpourings of grief over certain celebrities when they die (not that this thread is anything like that).

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2009, 11:41:44 pm »
I dont know, quite often it stretches to things like disasters and terrorism attacks

I know there were no shortage of jokes going around about 9/11

YNWA Rafa.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2009, 12:06:31 am »
Yeah those poor people at morcambe bay too, heard jokes about them within hours.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 12:08:44 am »
I dont know, quite often it stretches to things like disasters and terrorism attacks

I know there were no shortage of jokes going around about 9/11
Gallows humour, its a fine tradition.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 12:53:33 am »
Was on the news here that he was on a bender the whole night before.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2009, 12:54:39 am »
Was on the news here that he was on a bender the whole night before.

See I'd seen that this morning, about an 8 hour drinking binge. I disregarded it though because it was the front of the S*n

YNWA Rafa.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2009, 01:05:33 am »
It was a joke jeffiner, and heres another one..

Police have revealed that Steven Gately may have died of a boxing related injury, a Police spokesman said "He had taken a right pounding in the ring

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2009, 01:06:44 am »
Well it adds to the scary amount of celebrities who have died this year...

Could it be that so many of these no marks are "celebs" these days that they are just bloody everywhere.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2009, 02:01:42 am »
Could it be that so many of these no marks are "celebs" these days that they are just bloody everywhere.

OK discounting the "no marks", Sir Bobby, MJ, Patrick Swayze, Keith Floyd, Natasha Richardson, Farrah Fawcett, Edward Kennedy, Dom deLuise, Billy Mays, David Carradine, Ed McMahon, John Hughes, Les Paul to name but a few.

It's a pretty long list...

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2009, 01:41:43 pm »
Tonight I have heard of another shocking death and he was only 33 too.  :(  Heart attack apparently. A lad a year below me in school. Scary shit :(

I just found out the other day that a friend of mine died suddenly of a brain heamorage (sp) - I was totally shocked - she never smoked etc and kept herself fit - you just never know the minute
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2009, 01:43:29 pm »
I just found out the other day that a friend of mine died suddenly of a brain heamorage (sp) - I was totally shocked - she never smoked etc and kept herself fit - you just never know the minute

45 year old mate died yesterday, heart attack.
His old man died at 49, same thing.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2009, 01:49:25 pm »

Sorry to hear that :(  I'm still in shock myself. He leaves behind a wife and 2 kids.  It does go to show you just never know when your time will come.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2009, 11:43:18 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/jeremy-laurance-a-hidden-condition-that-snuffs-out-12-young-british-lives-every-week-1802240.html

Twelve people aged under 35 die each week in Britain from undiagnosed heart conditions, now thought to be the most likely cause of Stephen Gately's death.

The finding of pulmonary oedema (accumulation of fluid in the lungs) at post mortem is not definitive but, in the absence of other factors, it points to a defective heart. When the heart fails to beat properly, pushing blood around the body, fluid leaks out of tiny blood vessels called pulmonary capillaries into the lungs, making it progressively harder for the person to breathe.

Officials at the court hearing ruled out earlier suggestions that Gately may have died from inhaling his own vomit after consuming excessive drink or drugs. The position in which his body was found – kneeling and slumped forward – also eliminates the choking theory, which could only have happened if he had fallen asleep on his back.

It is possible, but unlikely, that he suffered a heart attack. More likely is the theory that he had an undetected arrhythmia, a disorder of the heart's electrical activity which causes it to beat very fast until it goes into spasm and ceases to be capable of pumping blood around the body.

The charity Sudden Arrythmic Death Syndrome said the account of Gately's death fitted with the description of the condition, which a standard post mortem would not pick up because electrical activity in the heart cannot be tested after death. One in every 20 cases of sudden cardiac death shows no cause – about 500 a year in Britain.

Alternatively, he may have suffered from undetected cardiomyopathy, an inherited condition that causes thickening of the heart muscle leading to an enlarged heart, which finally loses the capacity to pump blood.

Cardiomyopathy often affects young people who are physically active and very fit. Although its symptoms include increasing fatigue, fit young people may fail to read the signs, concluding that they must be unfit and need to work harder.

A spokeswoman for the British Heart Foundation said: "About a million people are currently living with heart failure in the UK. Most are older people who have had a previous heart attack or have chronic high blood pressure. But there are about 12 deaths a week in people under 35 with undiagnosed heart conditions.

"An acute attack of pulmonary oedema can come on without warning, very suddenly, causing breathlessness. What has happened to Stephen Gately is very tragic."

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 11:32:38 am »
His funeral is today and sky news are showing footage now.

RIP Stephen.

@gerrardspetal - twitter