Author Topic: Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham 3pm Commentary & Post Match Chat  (Read 46717 times)

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham 3pm Commentary & Post Match Chat
« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2011, 04:15:47 pm »
I can't believe people are whining about Joe Cole's goal instead of celebrating the win.

Personally I'm ridiculously excited for next season if this is how we're playing not full strength.

It is the way of things. People sometimes have their own agenda for whatever reason. Cole won't be here next season but while he is in a liverpool shirt i hope he scores whenever he plays because it helps us win. We smashed a team at home who are a chance to go down so lets not get too carried away. The win against the mancs and the draw against the arse were good though.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #721 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »
amazing unity in the players and fans its great amazing this
I want to give you a great big kiss.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #722 on: April 24, 2011, 04:19:48 pm »

It is the way of things. People sometimes have their own agenda for whatever reason. Cole won't be here next season but while he is in a liverpool shirt i hope he scores whenever he plays because it helps us win. We smashed a team at home who are a chance to go down so lets not get too carried away. The win against the mancs and the draw against the arse were good though.

It's more the arse draw, we lost 2 defenders and had 3 teenagers on the pitch but we still kept going. That belief of 08/09 to keep going til the end has come back.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #723 on: April 24, 2011, 04:26:29 pm »
I can't believe people are whining about Joe Cole's goal instead of celebrating the win.

Personally I'm ridiculously excited for next season if this is how we're playing not full strength.

Who's whining about anything?

Somebody noticed something about Cole not celebrating his goal too enthusiastically. It was deflected off a defender and the keeper didn't react fast enough. Maybe that's why he didn't.

That's it. No whining or anything else.

I couldn't care less whether Joe Cole scores or not. One more goal for LFC is good, whoever scores it.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: April 24, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »
Going the game 1 - Internet and talking through their arses united 0

boring

Offline withgreataplomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »
As someone esle said about Cole's goal, doesn't matter how it went in,
it might do the lad the world of good, and help restore his confidence.
"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all"

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #726 on: April 24, 2011, 05:01:16 pm »
pass and move.  nuff said.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: April 24, 2011, 05:12:36 pm »
If this means Joe Cole will be our "5th goal man" for the remainder of our games this season, much like Dossena was our "4th goal man", I'll be happy with that.  It means LFC are putting 5 past the opposition.  We put 5 past City who are in a relegation fight which makes them harder to beat, in theory, than a mid table team. 

Once again, we put 5 past them.  And Joe Cole didn't celebrate his goal...What?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #728 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:06 pm »
To be honest I thought Joe Cole didn't celebrate because that run took it out of him, he really doesn't look fit.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: April 24, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »
Still! Buzzing me tits off with the result.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:30 pm »
I'm ridiculously excited as well Jeff. If there is such a thing.

Yep, it's like deja vu all over again ;)

All that is old is new again. Going to be playing like that Dalglish team again soon...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #731 on: April 24, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »
I'm ridiculously excited as well Jeff. If there is such a thing.

Anyone else read that in a Chris Kamara voice?

Unbelievable Jeff
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #732 on: April 24, 2011, 08:46:46 pm »
Loved the way Lucas was everywhere on Saturday.
And always seemed to be the extra man to help out young Robinson too (if required).
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: April 24, 2011, 10:24:01 pm »
Anyone else read that in a Chris Kamara voice?

Unbelievable Jeff
;D

I'm Chris Kamara and so's my wife.

Big nose!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #734 on: April 24, 2011, 11:39:32 pm »
Yep, it's like deja vu all over again ;)

All that is old is new again. Going to be playing like that Dalglish team again soon...

That's the thing. I'm sure RAWKites that are on my Facebook are sick of hearing it but again, the more I see Dalglish the more jealous I get of those who got to experience him first time round.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #735 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:23 pm »
The last time Kenny took charge of a Liverpool side v B'ham in 86, we beat them 5-0!  Gary Gillespie scored a hat trick.  We then went and won the title in 87.

The stars are aligning for next season  8)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #736 on: April 25, 2011, 12:25:09 am »
I read a few weeks ago that we've scored in every league game under Kenny, I think in Roy's first 3 games we managed a grand total of 2 goals.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #737 on: April 25, 2011, 12:32:38 am »
I read a few weeks ago that we've scored in every league game under Kenny, I think in Roy's first 3 games we managed a grand total of 2 goals.

You are correct. He's the updated info:

Liverpool have now scored in 16 consecutive Premier League games, the best run of any top-flight side this season. Kingly.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: April 25, 2011, 12:36:49 am »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: April 25, 2011, 12:36:54 am »
You are correct. He's the updated info:

Liverpool have now scored in 16 consecutive Premier League games, the best run of any top-flight side this season. Kingly.

Long Live the King!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: April 25, 2011, 06:29:36 am »
Birmingham were truly awful. Pleased to see us put 5 past them but it wasn't quite a 5-star performance by the team. We could have scored even more though which bodes well for the rest of this season and beyond.

16 consecutive games eh? They're impressive stats. Well done Kenny.

Offline ChrisV

• Main Stander
« Reply #741 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:31 am »
Not convinced our play was that stellar, Brum were fucking abject. No pressing at all up the pitch, giving us all the time in the world. Brilliant result for our confidence though.

The thing I'm enjoying about the Return of the King is that we're still going for the throat even when leading. When we get 1-0 up we don't change the way we're playing, we keep trying to boss the game, keep possession and make it 2-0 if possible. Not only do I think that's generally the best way to keep a lead, but it's easily best for morale. It keeps the attitude of the team positive and leads to results like this one, which amps the fans up and means they'll be right behind the team for the next few games. For me Libpool haven't been playing that way for a while before the King got here. Obviously not under owlface, and while we saw that attitude under Rafa sometimes (the 5-0 against Villa at Anfield comes to mind) we were still sitting back and trying to protect 1-0 leads far too often. Long live the King!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:29:09 am by ChrisV »

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #742 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:44 am »
You sad twat, the detail was provided to account for why he didn't celebrate it particularly enthusiastically.

So, all you all need to get up on your reading comprehension, you uneducated, ignorant esteemed gentlemen.
Mate, you don't need to be able to read and comprehend to be a match-going super fan.

Funny thing was, I didn't realise it was match-goers versus out of towners?  We're not all on the same team? And with guys like Chopper making comments like that, they're in the lead?
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: April 25, 2011, 09:08:00 am »
Am i right in saying that nearlly half the team were scousers AND won by a big margin?

Cant think of many teams where over the 3rd of the players came from the home city and give that kind of performance

4 Right? Spearing (apparently he isn't but whatever), Carra, Flanagan and Robinson. That just over 1/3 which in this day and age is pretty good going, even if we were hamstrung with injuries. Hopefully, our youth system will start paying real dividends over the next few years and these players and others will become mainstays of the squad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #744 on: April 25, 2011, 09:11:56 am »
Great result

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: April 25, 2011, 09:24:38 am »
4 Right? Spearing (apparently he isn't but whatever), Carra, Flanagan and Robinson. That just over 1/3 which in this day and age is pretty good going, even if we were hamstrung with injuries. Hopefully, our youth system will start paying real dividends over the next few years and these players and others will become mainstays of the squad.
Potentially in the next few seasons we could be looking at a line-up including: Flanagan, Kelly, Carragher, Robinson, Gerrard, Spearing.

Over half the team from Liverpool, or thereabouts.  Add to that your Shelvey's, Sterling's, Johnson's, Carroll's and we could be lining up with an all English line-up... insane!

Edit: Reina will be naturalized Scouse by that point ;)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: April 25, 2011, 09:31:05 am »
Potentially in the next few seasons we could be looking at a line-up including: Flanagan, Kelly, Carragher, Robinson, Gerrard, Spearing.

Over half the team from Liverpool, or thereabouts.  Add to that your Shelvey's, Sterling's, Johnson's, Carroll's and we could be lining up with an all English line-up... insane!

Edit: Reina will be naturalized Scouse by that point ;)

Lucas and Suarez? I'm not too bothered about 'Englishness' but far more excited about the youth coming through - A Suso becoming a regular is far more exciting than buying Ashely Young for example.

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:30 am »
Lucas and Suarez? I'm not too bothered about 'Englishness' but far more excited about the youth coming through - A Suso becoming a regular is far more exciting than buying Ashely Young for example.
Of course.  I'm not actually English, so I could care less where they're from. And I'm as excited as anyone about our youth coming through.  I just thought it was an interesting observation that potentially out of our 25 man squad, we could be looking at half being English and half that being Scouse.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting that Lucas be dropped for Shelvey, or Suarez dropped for Sterling (although, to see them pushing for those places would be awesome).

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #748 on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:07 am »
The last time Kenny took charge of a Liverpool side v B'ham in 86, we beat them 5-0!  Gary Gillespie scored a hat trick.  We then went and won the title in 87.

The stars are aligning for next season  8)

Good spot about our 5-0 in '86 on our way to the double and  Brum being relegated.

That game was played on Sat April 26th which is 25 years ago almost to the day.

Sorry to say we didn't win the league in '86-'87 as we finished second to some other team.

Loved the way we passed the ball at high tempo on Sat. and everyone looked sharp and hungry. It looked like KK and SC had kept them on a leash all week and then let them off it at 3pm.

Compare our tempo with how we have played after a Thursday Europa League game.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: April 25, 2011, 09:50:19 am »
Of course.  I'm not actually English, so I could care less where they're from. And I'm as excited as anyone about our youth coming through.  I just thought it was an interesting observation that potentially out of our 25 man squad, we could be looking at half being English and half that being Scouse.

Oh right, yeah, having a significant Scouse proportion would be good.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting that Lucas be dropped for Shelvey, or Suarez dropped for Sterling (although, to see them pushing for those places would be awesome).

Maybe Lucas and Shelvey as the first and second volante? Certainly from what I've seen of Chelvey, it could happen, his cameo against Birmingham suggested in strongly.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:37 pm »
Warrants a bump as just watched the highlights again on MOTD and when you see how many youngsters we have in there, fringe players getting a run etc the overall performance was a 5 star show. You cant ask for much more and when the doom & gloom was possibly whirling around Anfield when all the injuries occurred the old magician himself King Kenny has really made us beat again.

Maxi really found his shooting boots so MOTM there while Flanagan again showed he is ready to mix it with the big boys.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #751 on: April 25, 2011, 03:08:08 pm »
Anyone have a download/stream of MOTD?
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: April 25, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »
Anyone have a download/stream of MOTD?

In the audio/video thread, mkb had one up a couple of days ago
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)