Author Topic: The RAWK Rally cry! (HOME GAMES)  (Read 2684 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The RAWK Rally cry! (HOME GAMES)
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:45:05 am »
So....the seasons under way, 3 games in, 3 points on the board and our form seems to have disappeared.

The passing game isn't up to scratch as it usually is between the front 4 and the defence seems to be getting in the way of each other, oh what can we do to turn this around? the world has ended! :'(......or has it?

Anfield, that was once a fortress, seems to have lost that 12th man spark that used to be there every game, from 0 to 90 minutes. The chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone, bellowed from the mighty Kop and everyone whose voice was heard made a difference!

This season is going to be more difficult than last, with the money worries still not sorted, the players we need not being brought in, and some of our more important players gone, but we are Liverpool Fucking Football Club! if we did things the easy way then we'd end up like Chelsea or Man City, buying our way to glory, but no, that's not the Liverpool way (something which seems to have been forgotten over the past year)

The next time you go to Anfield, no matter where you sit, Kop, Anny Road, Main Stand, Centenary, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED FOR, SING YOUR HEART OUT FOR THE LIVERBIRD UPON THE CHEST, BRING BACK THE 12TH MAN, AND BRING BACK FORTRESS ANFIELD!

We have 3 points from 3 games, lets help make it more! We are just as much a part of the team as Rafa, Torres, Gerrard and the rest, we're all together in this, so lets show the lads just how much they mean to us, and let them repay us with the performances that win trophies!

We're only 3 games in, theres still many more to go, anything can happen in the world of football...

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Rally cry! (HOME GAMES)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:52:19 am »
Well said lad. I wish posts like this would really make a difference. The atmosphere has to get better and it will only ever happen if more and more people locate their bollocks and start singing, regardless of the snotty looks or frowns they get from others nearby. Who gives a shit what they think, at the end of the day you're doing your job of getting behind the lads and they aren't, it's as simple as that. Personally I think there needs to more singing sections created around different parts of the ground, perhaps one in each stand. Whilst I don't doubt the success of RTK and all that, it has to be extended and broadened if the atmosphere is to improve significantly.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:51 am »
If we don't score in the first 20 minutes (especially against the smaller teams) fans start to get restless and expect more. Lets face it, 3 points from 3 games is not pretty at all, but you can't blame the atmosphere alone. The passion of the players and the lack of creativity from Alonso has all gone now and we have to face up to the facts that at the moment we're simply not good enough.

We have to grind any sort of victory away at Bolton just to boost team morale and to get the fans back on the players sides. And even thats not an easy task even though Bolton are pointless atm!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:56 am »
If we don't score in the first 20 minutes (especially against the smaller teams) fans start to get restless and expect more. Lets face it, 3 points from 3 games is not pretty at all, but you can't blame the atmosphere alone. The passion of the players and the lack of creativity from Alonso has all gone now and we have to face up to the facts that at the moment we're simply not good enough.

We have to grind any sort of victory away at Bolton just to boost team morale and to get the fans back on the players sides. And even thats not an easy task even though Bolton are pointless atm!

Was you saying the same at half-time in istanbul, the fans alone picked that team back up, Rafa may have changed the formation but it was the fans that inspired the team (who was weaker than the one we have now IMO) to go out there and score 3 goals in 6 minutes in possibly THE greatest champions league final ever.

Thats the point of my original post, we need to get behind the team no matter what, we need to keep their spirits high and show we belive in them to get the ball in the back of the net and get 3 points out of the games.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:57 am »

Fans should be on the players' sides no matter what, that's the nub of the issue.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 02:26:44 am »
Was you saying the same at half-time in istanbul, the fans alone picked that team back up, Rafa may have changed the formation but it was the fans that inspired the team (who was weaker than the one we have now IMO) to go out there and score 3 goals in 6 minutes in possibly THE greatest champions league final ever.

Thats the point of my original post, we need to get behind the team no matter what, we need to keep their spirits high and show we belive in them to get the ball in the back of the net and get 3 points out of the games.

Istanbul was a Champions League Cup Final and of course the fans were up for it and still gave the team hope even at 3-0. But the atmosphere is just wasn't what it used to be i.e. Booing off our own players home to West Ham last season when we we're top of the league.

We lose a game and most people jump on the 'get Lucas/Babel out of the club' bandwagon.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 02:30:14 am »
Istanbul was a Champions League Cup Final and of course the fans were up for it and still gave the team hope even at 3-0. But the atmosphere is just wasn't what it used to be i.e. Booing off our own players home to West Ham last season when we we're top of the league.

We lose a game and most people jump on the 'get Lucas/Babel out of the club' bandwagon.

Fair point about it being the final mate, but that is the whole point of this thread, to get the fans behind the team and raise the players confidence (like Ayala against Stoke the other week, he had the ball, the Kop roared him on to push up with it, which he did an played a nice pass to keep the move going, he had a better game after we showed support in him IMO.)

If we can all show that we belive in the players at Anfield, even when they arn't giving it their all, then maybe we can lift their spirits and lift them onto greater things.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:36:18 am by JMCA »

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:40:55 am »
One off , I wouldnt panic just yet, lets keep our feet on the ground please.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:34 am »
Fair point about it being the final mate, but that is the whole point of this thread, to get the fans behind the team and raise the players confidence (like Ayala against Stoke the other week, he had the ball, the Kop roared him on to push up with it, which he did an played a nice pass to keep the move going, he had a better game after we showed support in him IMO.)

If we can all show that we belive in the players at Anfield, even when they arn't giving it their all, then maybe we can lift their spirits and lift them onto greater things.

Yeah agree mate, just hope we get back to back wins in the next few weeks!

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:10:28 am »
If I had one superpower, it would be to add my voice, watching the game at home, to the Kop's voice.

Either that or to make the shit in my lower intestine appear in Ferguson's mouth. ;)

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 08:41:54 am »
we are only 1 point behind what were at this stage of last season, nothing to worry about just yet :)
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 08:43:51 am »
Rafa has not panicked, why should we?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 08:44:40 am »
I hate it after we lose on here, im sure it never used to be like this

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 08:55:17 am »
I hate it after we lose on here, im sure it never used to be like this

Never mind on here,i couldnt believe the amount of liverpool "fans" laughing and joking on the way out last night,i remember when it was like someone died when we lost at home.
my family know to leave me alone for basically the rest of the day when we lose and im still in a twat of a mood this morning but i just doesnt seem to hurt alot of people these days,i heard one man in a middle class accent hilariously say "im going to get a right ribbing from the guys in the office in the morning,ha ha ha ha",families in liverpool shirts,weighed down with bags from the cub shop cheerily talking about what they are doing tomorrow,how did we get here??
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 09:02:30 am »
Some dickheads by me last night, some people are fucking clueless.

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 09:08:48 am »
I signed on here to say exactly the same thing.

100% agree.
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 09:58:39 am »

Never mind on here,i couldnt believe the amount of liverpool "fans" laughing and joking on the way out last night,i remember when it was like someone died when we lost at home.

No nobody died last night except the desire of some of our senior players to play to their capablities for whatever reason.

I admit I laughed incredulously in disbelief at our ineptitude at times and at the ludicrous comments being made by some that we are doomed and have no chance of winning the league even that we're destined for 'mid table' mediocrity. If we continue to under perform for the next 7 or 8 games maybe so but not 3 games in!

So I hold my hands up for showing some levity, mea culpa I'm obviously not a true fan - actually I'd prefer to be called a supporter because I will continue to go to the games and support the team through thick and thin but not without a sense of humour which helps to keep the blood pressure down and put everything in perspective

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 10:02:55 am »
No nobody died last night except the desire of some of our senior players to play to their capablities for whatever reason.

I admit I laughed incredulously in disbelief at our ineptitude at times and at the ludicrous comments being made by some that we are doomed and have no chance of winning the league even that we're destined for 'mid table' mediocrity. If we continue to under perform for the next 7 or 8 games maybe so but not 3 games in!

So I hold my hands up for showing some levity, mea culpa I'm obviously not a true fan - actually I'd prefer to be called a supporter because I will continue to go to the games and support the team through thick and thin but not without a sense of humour which helps to keep the blood pressure down and put everything in perspective

i will sleep better tonight knowing that....thanks.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 10:39:06 am »

i will sleep better tonight knowing that....thanks.

Glad to help

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »
I cant see how the crowd are helping. The tension in the ground is horrible at times, and for sure its effecting the players. I looked around me last night and there were people baying for the blood of certain players. Its really getting to the team, and some of the players looked intimidated if you ask me. And it gives the opposistion a huge lift.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline bainio

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 03:02:40 pm »
Alot of people need to stop being fans and start being supporters. Otherwise whats the point in singing YNWA if you dont stand by what it means