Author Topic: LFC Public Relations  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
LFC Public Relations
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:39:54 am »
I work in a school in Sefton and one part of my job is fundraising writing to firms asking for donations for the under-privilieged kids in our school.

At the start of May i wrote to Liverpool and everton asking for any donations, kits posters - anything. One week later i got a letter of graeme sharp at everton with a signed picture of the team - nothing off Liverpool, two weeks and still nothing, then i emailed and expressed my concern, 1 that no-one had even got in touch, if they werent giving anything a letter saying why would have done, and 2 everton sent something out in a week!

Another week passed and although im not entitled to anything i still felt a bit let down by Liverpool when only a simple letter saying 'we receive thousands of applications and were afraid we cant donate....' etc etc, but nothing.

Then on monday i got a call of LFC PR saying they got my letter, sorry about the delay etc etc would you like a Liverpool kit for your pupils - No fucking shit i would, apparently its one of the kits the players have worn (the yellow one from theseason before last) for a champions league game, tops, shorts, socks the lot all with champions league bagdes and Liverpools champions league badge thing, plus names on back!

So the reason im writing is i never held up any hope what so ever to get anything off Liverpool, i knew everton would give something but Liverpool get alot of bad press especially locally but i cant believe they just give me a full kit, i went down the next day to pick it up and they also give me posters, programmes the lot! Cant praise them enough!

Our school is 70% red so imagin how they'll feel when i show them there very own Liverpool FC Champions league kit! Especially when their old kit WAS blue! ha

Happy fuckin days!!!

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: LFC Public Relations
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:55:01 am »
Well in mate

Nice touch from the club
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:40 am »
That's great stuff. ;D

Nice one W_G and well done to the club,small gestures that go a long way.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:40 am »
be interesting to know whether they would have done that had you not told them about Everton??

Lets hope they would!
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:40:01 pm »
Ahhhh how sweet, the club really is'nt run by a load of greedy twats who don't care about fans. Sound, fair play to em.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:42:59 pm »
Keep it. Charity begins at home.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:02 pm »
Well done mate and fair play to the club.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:40:06 pm »
To be fair to the club when I was in Bosnia when the troops first went in I sent a letter in asking for something I could auction to raise funds for a local orphanage, got an autographed footy a couple of weeks later!
Its a dogs life for me

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:16:13 pm »
Disappointing that you had the bad feelings in the first place. Should have been better dealt with and in a more professional way imo.
A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline duggs74

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • greatness is a journey not a destination! YNWA
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 10:07:12 pm »
its that the reds dont make a big song and dance about doing something nice.. not like our freinds across the park
thats what we call history!!

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 11:33:40 pm »
An organisation yhats among the richest clubs in the world gives away an old strip to a good cuause and you lot are creaming yourselves.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 11:39:19 pm »
An organisation yhats among the richest clubs in the world gives away an old strip to a good cuause and you lot are creaming yourselves.

I've also been under the cosh previously when the old booze has played havoc with my seemingly expert grasp of English.

So don't feel bad.