Author Topic: John Newby  (Read 4660 times)

Offline gearoid

• Anny Roader
  • Dont leave home without your sword,your intellect
John Newby
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:47 pm »
I was watching the results coming in on Tuesday night, when i heard the John Newby had scored against Wolves for Morecambe, and i thought to myself  ??? i know that name

low and behold an ex red who left us a while ago.

Good to see that the ones that leave dont completely fall out of soccer, and still get there chance to show what they can do.

Well done John  :) :wave
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
Re: John Newby
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
Funny you said that I had exactly the same thought when reading the title of this thread!

Well don John
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 03:17:37 pm »
Likewise, new the name as soon as i heard.

Remember watching him a few times.

Glad hes getting on ok.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 03:23:27 pm »
Fucking newbys.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline gearoid

• Anny Roader
  • Dont leave home without your sword,your intellect
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:26:32 pm »
Fucking newbys.

It was only a matter of time! :)
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:54:39 pm »
i moved to morecambe a few years ago and they are happy times at the mo for morecambe fc just promoted john newby just signed this summer and from what i belive he is having a good season so far, also jim bently the captain a fuckin massive CB is from round the corner from where i used to live in aigbuth vale he is a hero up here proper scouse lad shame he's a toffee
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Online KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:58:43 pm »
I went to school with Carl Baker and he scored the pen. He always bragged about playing for Liverpool one day when he was playing for the youth team when he was a kid.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:05:05 pm »
Jon's brother David works for Chelsea...!!

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 08:06:32 pm »
-sigh-

Jon Newby played for Southport last year, and was absolutely awful, oh how we laughed when he ended up as a trialist for our rivals from up the coast, and now he's supposed to be some wonder striker again.

Carl Baker, Southport legend, one of our best ever players I'd say, wouldn't be surprised if we get out sell on fee quicker than first imagined.

Any of you guys heard of Neil Prince and Karl Noon, ex-Liverpool youths, now playing for Southport?
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:48:00 pm »
-sigh-

Any of you guys heard of Neil Prince and Karl Noon, ex-Liverpool youths, now playing for Southport?

I have seen Karl Noon play for the ressies at Newcastle a couple of years ago think he scored 2 looked good that day aswell.
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 10:01:06 pm »
didnt newby go to bury after leaving liverpool? am i thinking of someone else?

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 10:27:12 pm »

Definately has played for Bury, played for a few other clubs as well, Wrexham and Huddersfield.

Offline tommy26241

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 12:35:21 am »
wasnt he up front with john miles in the reserves

Offline Velky Al

• Legacy Fan
    • Fuggled
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 09:17:33 am »
Always keep an eye out for teams where I know an ex-red is playing, especially in the lower leagues. Like to make sure no-one is up and coming to bite us on the bum.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 09:25:39 am »
Yes, left us for Bury.

Offline mikef

• Boys Pen
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 01:20:44 pm »
-sigh-

Jon Newby played for Southport last year, and was absolutely awful, oh how we laughed when he ended up as a trialist for our rivals from up the coast, and now he's supposed to be some wonder striker again.

Carl Baker, Southport legend, one of our best ever players I'd say, wouldn't be surprised if we get out sell on fee quicker than first imagined.

Neil is a top player and a friend of mine - banging them in at the mo. Also was in the year above Tony Gray in school. Another top player. Played in a tournament with Neil in Manchester a few months back. He obviously stole the show from me!  :no

I always look out for Southports results as their chairman was/is my old Saturday League managers Dad. We used to play in their kit. It was fuckin' awful!!

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 1, 2007, 08:11:01 pm »
Neil is a top player and a friend of mine - banging them in at the mo. Also was in the year above Tony Gray in school. Another top player. Played in a tournament with Neil in Manchester a few months back. He obviously stole the show from me!  :no

I always look out for Southports results as their chairman was/is my old Saturday League managers Dad. We used to play in their kit. It was fuckin' awful!!

Yep, Prince looks a great player, been playing out of position up front, and is looking good there, even though he is a left winger. He's the guy in my avatar.

Also got Francis Smith, also a former red, but he's looks absolutely roobish.

We did have Jonathan Smith, another former Liverpool player, he played one game, looked average, and the day after was playing for Aberdeen Reserves and has signed for them now.