Author Topic: Two wanted for homophobic murder  (Read 1843 times)

Offline quincyg

• Ultra-lounge lizard and musak lover. The naffer the better.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • can show me Down Under anytime!
Two wanted for homophobic murder
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:11:32 pm »
society gets more and more thuggish by the day...very sad.

Two men are being hunted by police after a man was beaten to death in a homophobic attack on Clapham Common in south London.
Jody Dobrowski, a 24-year-old bar manager from south-east London, was found unconscious in the early hours of Saturday but died later in hospital.

Detective Chief Inspector Nick Scola described the attack as abhorrent.

He appealed to the gay community to help catch the killer and asked anyone attacked on the common to come forward.

'Homophobic insults'

Speaking from Clapham Common on Sunday afternoon, DCI Scola said: "He was the victim of a sustained and violent assault.

"There were other people in the area at the time of the attack and homophobic insults were heard. For that reason I am convinced it was a homophobic attack."

He said it was not known whether Mr Dobrowski was gay but officers were looking closely at his lifestyle and background.

"Certainly those who carried out the attack thought he was gay," he said.

He added that he particularly wants to trace Mr Dobrowski's movements between 2215 BST, when he left a friend's house near the common, and just after midnight when the police found him lying unconscious.

A post-mortem examination on Sunday showed the cause of death was severe head, neck and facial injuries.

'Others at risk'

The first suspect is described as white, between 20 and 30, 6ft tall, with shaved hair, while the second man is also white, about the same age, but said to be shorter and stockier.

Bob Hodgson, from the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender advisory group, said: "The main focus at this time is to catch the people that murdered this young man.

"This is a time for people from the community to come forward if they know anything at all.

"If you don't come forward with what you know you could potentially be putting other people at risk in the future."

Borough Commander Jo Royle, from Wandsworth police, said: "I know the concerns and worry this attack will have. We need you to help us.

"You may also have vital information that can assist us capture the people that committed this murder."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4346846.stm

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

"I'm takin' this bloody car.....All the way to Invercargill!!!"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Two wanted for homophobic murder
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:43:26 am »
I also heard a while ago from another forum (not gaydar before any of you smart Alec's think of it!) and someone was saying that there were some fellas who went to a popular gay night in London and beat the crap out of random people (they got a girl to barge into them and there would be a huge commotion), but the club and promoter didn't want to do anything in case it harmed them financially.

I hope those homophobic shits (and other shits who cause random acts of violence) get their comeuppance.

Offline quincyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 01:56:20 pm »
Trio questioned over gay murder 

Three men have been arrested and freed on police bail over the murder of a gay man beaten to death on Clapham Common.
The men were questioned on Monday about the death of 24-year-old bar manager Jody Dobrowski, who was found fatally injured on Saturday morning.

Mr Dobrowski died from head, neck and facial injuries in what police believe was a homophobic attack.

The Metropolitan Police only revealed they had arrested the suspects on Tuesday morning, after they were freed.

The men were released on police bail to return to a police station in late November while inquiries continue.

Detectives have urged a man, who made an anonymous phone call about the murder, to contact them again.

Ch Supt Joe Royle, said they had had a good response from the public but were keen to hear from a man in the Surrey area, who called at 1715 BST on Sunday.

Earlier they appealed for about 10 or 12 people they believed were on the common at the time, to come forward.

Police also want to trace Mr Dobrowski's movements between 2215 BST, when he left a friend's house near the common, and just after midnight when the police found him.

Detectives are examining whether there is a link between Mr Dobrowski's murder and a series of homophobic attacks in the area.

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:46:17 pm »

I hope those homophobic shits (and other shits who cause random acts of violence) get their comeuppance.

Same here :(
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 06:19:30 pm »
What are the terms and conditions?
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline quincyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 06:25:09 pm »
What are the terms and conditions?
oh witty...bloke battered to death lets make a jokey comment.  ::)

thought this news section was for SERIOUS discussions.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:47 pm »
c*nts, the lot of them.

Can only hope they get caught and justice is done.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 06:46:07 pm »
Murder is never funny, but  my pun was aimed at the headline not the fact the fella was murdered.
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 06:59:48 pm »
bunch of fucking c*nts , there's not a beating severe enough for gobshites like that
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline quincyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 07:33:55 pm »
Murder is never funny, but  my pun was aimed at the headline not the fact the fella was murdered.
i realised that , just wasn't expecting owt like that for serious stories.