Author Topic: Illegal Internet Streaming!  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Wiley

• Main Stander
  • Wiley
Illegal Internet Streaming!
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:15:04 am »
 ::) ....came across this in the telegraph!

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/16/nfoot16.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/16/ixhome.html

100,000 watch free pirated football (god you were quick  ::) )

Thousands of British football fans are watching Premiership football for nothing by logging on to illegal websites.

Experts estimate that more than 100,000 in Britain are watching the pirate broadcasts every Saturday and that the number is rising each week.

The Premier League has called in investigators in an attempt to crack down on the problem, which is threatening attendances at matches and potentially undermining the pay television industry. Premiership crowds are already down on last year.

All that fans need to view the sites is a computer and a high-speed broadband connection. After downloading some software from one of eight Chinese websites, they are offered the choice of scores of television channels.

English matches kicking off at 3pm on Saturdays are widely available on subscription channels overseas, but they are not screened in Britain to protect attendances.

Despite the blackout, however, it took just a few clicks to watch the feed of yesterday's match between Liverpool and Blackburn, complete with Mandarin commentary.

Does anyone think this will come to anything??

and further more i think this is all bullshit really,100,000 people staying in and warching shitty streams instead of going to the game,give me a break!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:17:46 am by Wiley »

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Illegal Internet Streaming!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 01:20:36 am »
The people watching are obivously not gonna be going to any games and any way serves them right its them thats selling it abroad making more money.So  fff'n what if some are tuneing in

Offline Wiley

• Main Stander
  • Wiley
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 01:23:50 am »
i find it hard to beleive that they blaming the crowd shortage on internet streams! maybe they should think about ticket prices!!
thats whats driving fans away,not poxy streams!  :no

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 02:15:11 am »
As I now live in the US there is no way I can get to the match on a weekly basis (unless I win the Powerball)!

I have been watching the games on the Net for over a year and there are a number of good sites out there and loads of info on how to get to watch the games (some PPV and some free).

Fuck the FA/Sky et al  - If they werent a bunch of useless Twats they could captilise on the Net and stream matches themselves and make a fortune.
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:18:34 am »
To be fair, its good that it keep quite a few of those people out the actual ground.

Offline Wiley

• Main Stander
  • Wiley
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 01:46:22 pm »
theres no harm in streaming in my view,it has nothing to do with the crowd shortage,it really pisses me off that they are blaming that,teams like chesea charging £40-50 to see them JUST squeeze past anderlecht the other week,disgraceful,greedy bastards the lot of em!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan