Author Topic: Roadworks in Liverpool  (Read 3786 times)

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Roadworks in Liverpool
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:27:02 am »
Is it just me or are there road works going on in virtually every part of the city at the moment? :no

Edge Lane, Walton Hall Avenue, Great Howard Street, they're everywhere and it's a fucking nightmare, especially if you're trying to get anywhere in north Liverpool. Took me over an hour to get to work this morning doing a commute which usually takes less than half that time.

Anyway, needed to get that off my chest. If anyone else has experienced being sat in gridlock as a result of these endless road works please feel free to share your rants.

Offline Kelwell

• Main Stander
  • We are the famous, the famous Kopites
Re: Roadworks in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:30:03 am »
Runcorn Bridge. Fucking hell.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:35:52 am »

Haha, can't imagine how bad it is down there at the moment. I used to commute to Runcorn from Liverpool a few years ago and hated it. Fuck knows how I'd cope with the rage if I was still doing that now.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:43:46 am »
I had a recommendation from a friend only yesterday who said to get an app called WAZE.
Seems decent & looks to have regular updates regarding congested roads & how fast they are moving too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:47:23 am »
 ;D

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 12:31:14 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 12:37:03 pm »
Worst people on the roads
Do tell. Do you not like being passed when you're stuck in traffic... ;D

I'll be honest, I agree to a point...but me...nar.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 05:50:28 pm »
Don't worry guys.  I'm sure it will all be sorted out for when the Wirral lines closes next year for six months. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »

About another year's work to go before the new bridge opens.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »
Don't worry guys.  I'm sure it will all be sorted out for when the Wirral lines closes next year for six months. ;)

Its mainly six weeks in Jan/Feb, and then four weeks in May  think. Thats when they don't go across the river. Go  2-3 times a week, but won't be able to then. No idea how to get a bike across either, in January there won't even be any ferries.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 03:25:14 pm »
;D

Thats not yours....
The frame looks ok, not keen on the rest. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 09:22:58 am »
Thats not yours....
The frame looks ok, not keen on the rest. ;D
The frame is.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
The frame is.

;D

See, i said that was the nice bit.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »
Kensington out of town has been a pain in the arse lately, especially when your dying for a piss on the bus.  >:(
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 03:24:36 pm »
Kensington out of town has been a pain in the arse lately, especially when your dying for a piss on the bus.  >:(

Go to a toilet like the rest of us ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 03:49:46 pm »
Another plus to cycling....cyclists can urinate anywhere they want....within reason. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »

;D

Used to get one of the last buses back from town, there was a lad who I saw a couple of times, he'd get on, go to the back of the top deck, make a massive puddle, and get off a stop later....

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »

:D its a bit difficult on these single-deckers, on double-deckers its a bit easier......
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 07:14:26 pm »
Its mainly six weeks in Jan/Feb, and then four weeks in May  think. Thats when they don't go across the river. Go  2-3 times a week, but won't be able to then. No idea how to get a bike across either, in January there won't even be any ferries.

I've checked the Merseyrail schedule for this and think it's worth summarising here.

Phase 1 - 3 January to 12 February

Entire Loop line is closed.  Wirral line trains terminating at Birkenhead North and Birkenhead Central.  New Brighton/West Kirby trains will be six car, operating every 30 minutes.

Trains to Ellesmere Port will require you to change at Hooton during the day.

With rail replacement bus services running from Liverpool, expect to add at LEAST 20 minutes to your journey.

Phase 2 - 13 February to 29 May

Mersey rail tunnel reopens, trains terminate at James Street.  Restrictions re trains to New Brighton, West Kirby and Ellesmere Port above still apply.

There will be NO cross river trains at weekends, except for the Grand National Festival, Easter and May bank holidays.  Trains will terminate as in Phase 1 above

In all cases where Hamilton Square is closed, rail replacement buses will link Birkenhead Central to Birkenhead North.

Phase 3 - 30 May to 18 June

Loop line closes again completely.

As in Phase 1, trains will terminate at Birkenhead North and Birkenhead Central respectively.  The same restrictions on Ellesmere Port trains applies.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 07:27:18 pm »
Cheers for that....so no trains on weekends for half a year......

Can I ride my bicycle through the tunnel?

Bicycles are not permitted through the Kingsway Tunnel. Through the Queensway Tunnel, they are not allowed between the hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 8:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am to 9:00pm on Sunday. Please note, the time limits during a Sunday are only operational between 1st April and 30th September inclusive.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »
So what are the time limits on a Sunday from Oct 1st to March 31st??

Not that it matters.  Basically you'll be taking your bike on a bus.  :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 08:25:32 pm »
I've checked the Merseyrail schedule for this and think it's worth summarising here.

Phase 1 - 3 January to 12 February

Entire Loop line is closed.  Wirral line trains terminating at Birkenhead North and Birkenhead Central.  New Brighton/West Kirby trains will be six car, operating every 30 minutes.

Trains to Ellesmere Port will require you to change at Hooton during the day.

With rail replacement bus services running from Liverpool, expect to add at LEAST 20 minutes to your journey.

Phase 2 - 13 February to 29 May

Mersey rail tunnel reopens, trains terminate at James Street.  Restrictions re trains to New Brighton, West Kirby and Ellesmere Port above still apply.

There will be NO cross river trains at weekends, except for the Grand National Festival, Easter and May bank holidays.  Trains will terminate as in Phase 1 above

In all cases where Hamilton Square is closed, rail replacement buses will link Birkenhead Central to Birkenhead North.

Phase 3 - 30 May to 18 June

Loop line closes again completely.

As in Phase 1, trains will terminate at Birkenhead North and Birkenhead Central respectively.  The same restrictions on Ellesmere Port trains applies.
So much for the Norhern Powerhouse, you'd be better off with a fucking rowing boat and a bike! ;D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:26 pm »
Cheers for that....so no trains on weekends for half a year......

Can I ride my bicycle through the tunnel?

Bicycles are not permitted through the Kingsway Tunnel. Through the Queensway Tunnel, they are not allowed between the hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 8:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am to 9:00pm on Sunday. Please note, the time limits during a Sunday are only operational between 1st April and 30th September inclusive.
I've used the tunnel to get "under the water". The problem will be coming home as you'll have to come back via the bridge...I know you don't mind, but I hate coming back that way. I know riders from a couple of Liverpool's cycling clubs come back via the tunnel...even I'm not that stupid....can you imagine getting a puncture rolling through Queensway early evening?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »
I've used the tunnel to get "under the water". The problem will be coming home as you'll have to come back via the bridge...I know you don't mind, but I hate coming back that way. I know riders from a couple of Liverpool's cycling clubs come back via the tunnel...even I'm not that stupid....can you imagine getting a puncture rolling through Queensway early evening?

Wonder if Merseytravel could be persuaded to have a couple of 'cycle windows' a day. Say every two hours, on the hour, a group of cyclists can set off from either end of the tunnel. Cars can still drive through, but will be warned with signs etc that there's a group of cyclists in the tunnel. Will mean you have to hang round the tunnel entrance for a bit, but it would be much safer and at least some way to get across.

So what are the time limits on a Sunday from Oct 1st to March 31st??

Not that it matters.  Basically you'll be taking your bike on a bus.  :-\

You can't take your bike on a bus, not even a rail replacement one. A nice driver might let you if you look really desperate, but officially you can't.

Was wondering about the time restrictions too, maybe you can go all day long in winter - but as Dave said, its not really something you'd want to do.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:06:45 pm by redbyrdz »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »
That's some grim train scheduling...glad I don't work in Chester anymore.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.