Author Topic: Council finally pull their finger out  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
Re: Council finally pull their finger out
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2006, 09:32:47 am »
Judging by what has been said by Ged Poynton then I would say it's true, capacity of one of the goal ends has increased by atleast 1,000.  But how much it has changed by remains to be seen.  The club might have used the need to submit a planning application again to put in amended designs.

Cheers mate. I've just discovered that it's been discussed in the thread on the main page ::)

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #41 on: September 5, 2006, 11:37:19 am »
That's slightly misleading - 26p per seat per league game.

Not really, it just puts the lease into context.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #42 on: September 5, 2006, 12:48:11 pm »
Not really, it just puts the lease into context.

What context though?

If it's that the 300k lease is a bad thing, then I could argue that the 300k is covered by the £450,000 the extra 15000 seats in the new stadium would make in it's first game.

Thats an extra 8.5 million a season just for league games alone.
No to mention any profit made from the venture company being set up with the council, to which we are entitled to half.

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #43 on: September 5, 2006, 01:08:28 pm »
now this is exciting! for a change it actually seems like a stop is being pulled out and we might get somewhere.

one thing no-one has noticed is that everyone seems confident we have private funding in place - does this mean parry has been beavering away behind the scenes and has got some cash in for us?
Momo Is Boss

Offline buckshee

• Sponsored by Apache Pizzas, Drumcondra
  • Kopite
  • I don't have a drink problem....honestly
« Reply #44 on: September 5, 2006, 01:16:22 pm »
From the article:
As for the lease being 'for 1000 years for fucks sake', let me ask you a question - if you have the option to purchase your home either on a freehold or 999 years lease basis which one would you go for? I know which option I'll stick with for my owns sake!

If your "Home" is an apartment then you wouldn't have the choice mate.  Its automatically done legally on either a 99 year rolling lease or sometimes a bit longer. Its been happening for ver without a problem.  Likewise all the big Italian clubs don't own neither the land nor the stadiums themselves but are signed up to long term leases.  Can' see the problem myself.
"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 5, 2006, 01:39:23 pm »
What context though?

If it's that the 300k lease is a bad thing, then I could argue that the 300k is covered by the £450,000 the extra 15000 seats in the new stadium would make in it's first game.

Thats an extra 8.5 million a season just for league games alone.
No to mention any profit made from the venture company being set up with the council, to which we are entitled to half.

I know, and thats also valid.  Still don't see how saying it's £5 per seat each season is in any way misleading?!

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: September 5, 2006, 01:54:51 pm »
I know, and thats also valid.  Still don't see how saying it's £5 per seat each season is in any way misleading?!

I think the poster thought it read like £5 per seat per game.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 5, 2006, 01:57:57 pm »
I think the poster thought it read like £5 per seat per game.

£300,000 rent = £5 per seat per year

??

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: September 5, 2006, 02:31:36 pm »

??

I know, I'm just saying he must have read it that way, hence the reply.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 5, 2006, 02:38:31 pm »
I know, I'm just saying he must have read it that way, hence the reply.

I'm not actually that stupid, I just couldn't see the reason why it was posted.

My conclusion was that the poster was inferring 300k for a 999 year lease was too much money or that the lease itself was a bad thing.

Personally I haven't got a problem with the lease idea, hence my reply.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: September 5, 2006, 02:45:24 pm »

My conclusion was that the poster was inferring 300k for a 999 year lease was too much money or that the lease itself was a bad thing.

I think it ws posted to emphasise that the £300k is an incredibly non-consequential amount of money. So basically you were agreeing ;)

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #51 on: September 5, 2006, 02:46:23 pm »

i dont think thats what hes trying to say at all. If anything hes pointing out what a good deal it is - that it is only £5 a seat lease for a year.
Momo Is Boss

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 5, 2006, 02:52:14 pm »
i dont think thats what hes trying to say at all. If anything hes pointing out what a good deal it is - that it is only £5 a seat lease for a year.

Exactly, hence my confusion - I thought he was saying it was an insignificant amount, and do couldnt see what the problem with it was!

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 6, 2006, 03:38:18 pm »
As long as they get rid of those big spike things in the corners on the plans then I can't wait

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 6, 2006, 04:36:57 pm »
 ::)
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline cuba

• Anny Roader
« Reply #55 on: September 8, 2006, 12:56:12 pm »
Just been on SSN that the council have voted in our favour and the lease has been signed over.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #56 on: September 8, 2006, 01:29:32 pm »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 8, 2006, 01:32:26 pm »
Just been on SSN that the council have voted in our favour and the lease has been signed over.

Technically not correct, the council has given it's approval.

LFC will now have to prove that we have the funding in place to pay for the scheme.

IF we show we have the money in place, then all the other agencies & council will start dotting the I's & crossing the T's on the lease & regeneration money.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #58 on: September 9, 2006, 09:55:00 am »
Some work is already starting by the looks of it. Houses behind the main stand are being demolished
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 9, 2006, 11:07:30 am »
Some work is already starting by the looks of it. Houses behind the main stand are being demolished

This was happening anyway regardless of the stadium situation. They're being replaced with cheap wendy houses, a complete waste of what could be really nice houses if they were smartened up:

The bulldozers move in to cheers
Aug 11 2006
By Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

BULLDOZERS have moved into a terraced street to kickstart long-awaited plans to rebuild a crumbling community.

Residents celebrated as the demolition of boarded-up houses in Lake Street, Anfield, finally started.

Many of the Victorian two-up, two-down properties had been empty for years and will be wiped from the map within a few weeks.

The houses have been in the shadow of Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium for generations, but were declared past their sell-by date by housing experts.

Lake Street is the first of a cluster of roads in Anfield due to be pulled down to make way for new homes.

Regeneration firm New Heartlands is working on an £89m plan to demolish up to 1,600 properties and rebuild and refurbish hundreds more.

A group of residents turned out yesterday to watch workmen start demolishing the street.

Anfield resident Ros Groves, a member of the area's housing regeneration group, said: "After seven years of meetings and consultation, we are delighted that at last we are seeing some progress. We are now looking forward to making sure our community improves."

Anfield is one of several neighbourhoods about to go through controversial changes, with many residents having already moved to other areas, leaving some streets part-derelict.

Families in the V Streets, on the other side of Walton Breck Road to Lake Street, say their lives are being made a misery by vandals and arsonists smashing up or setting fire to empty homes.

But Pauline Davis, managing director of New Heartlands, predicted a bright future for the community.

She said: "It is great news for Anfield that we are making progress, as these changes are what local people want.

"The demolition of Lake Street marks a fresh start for this community. New and refurbished homes will follow to help create a 21st century neighbourhood."

Cllr Marilyn Fielding, executive member for housing, said: "Residents have been extremely patient and we are pleased to support them as they celebrate progress."

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 9, 2006, 11:09:04 am »
As long as they get rid of those big spike things in the corners on the plans then I can't wait

Yea, lets just do without a roof eh? ;)