Author Topic: Champions League Qualifiers 23/24  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Champions League Qualifiers 23/24
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2023, 06:23:46 pm »
Do you really think Newcastle are that much worse than Dortmund and AC Milan?

Massive gulf in European experience though. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll flop but might still count for something.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2023, 06:24:23 pm »
Don't think that Newcastle group is that scary, Dortmund and Milan fluked a few results last season but looked terrible.

Yeah, neither of them are very good. We were crap last season but I genuinely reckon if we were on that Milan side of the draw we'd have gone to the final. Probably still end up losing it mind you, but their run to the semis in the knockouts was Spurs and Napoli, while Inter had Porto and Benfica which was even easier. Them getting that far was a bit flukey and Dortmund are just plain average IMO, a joke at the back and not even really as potent going forward these days, plus they've lost their best player in Bellingham.

Newcastle can probably finish in any of the 4 spots but I'd tip PSG to win it. The other 3 can also go either way but I'll actually guess Newcastle come 2nd.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2023, 06:24:26 pm »
god, the first 3 pots in these draws are just so boring.  More or less the same combo of teams year after year.  With a couple of slight changes obv.

Pot 4 is always an interesting pot.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2023, 06:25:53 pm »
Do you really think Newcastle are that much worse than Dortmund and AC Milan?

I think people are just looking at club names rather than their actual teams!  Even though Newcastle don’t have the depth, Dortmund don’t either, and don’t look good so far this season (early days I know!). 

I have no idea about Milan - I don’t watch Italian footy. And no idea how strong PSG are either now, guessing not at the level they where at.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2023, 06:27:45 pm »
Kane will score hat trick in both matches against Utd

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2023, 11:55:31 pm »
Jürgen's going to love this..

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2023, 04:14:11 am »

Galatasaray could get out of that group, group B arsenal should win that(but it should be a fun group),  Sevilla should be able to get 2nd there Lens and PSV could get out too. Group C it very obv who going through, Braga Union Berlin for 3rd should be interesting.
Group D, Inter Milan should go through any other 3 could get 2nd Salzberg probably least likely, Group E if Feyenoord or Lazio probably battle for 3rd.
Group F I dont get expect Newcastle to get Europa would be funny PSG getting it, Probably Dortmund vs Milan for 2nd/3rd, Group G  :lmao :lmao :lmao  Group H is Barca mess that up lol, Porto probably should be 2nd there.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2023, 07:24:17 am »
Group F is probably the only interesting looking one, all others are a bit boring. Although Napoli - Real could be interesting. Bayern will probably walk their group without any issues.
Hope Saudi Arabia FC end up 4th!

Offline germanred_paule

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2023, 10:17:35 am »
Jürgen's going to love this..

I read anywhere that with the new format there will also be two additional spots for the leagues with the highest coefficient. That would mean that Premier League would get a fifth spot.
Is that correct?

Not that I think we would need that this year but it would be the race for Top 5 from now on, as long as the league has one of the two best coefficients.
There is no name on the back of our famous Red shirt, that is bigger than the badge on the front!!!!

YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2023, 11:56:57 am »
So at least 2 extra games under the new format, if not a third in the play-offs for the last 16?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2023, 12:20:04 pm »
So at least 2 extra games under the new format, if not a third in the play-offs for the last 16?

2 extra games for all teams in the group stages, and another 2 for those clubs who go into the playoff round.

Seems like that gives quite a big advantage to the top 8, with 2 less games to play.