Author Topic: Best goals scored at Anfield... by the opponents  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Best goals scored at Anfield... by the opponents
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2023, 06:36:36 pm »
We’re of an age.   :D

For me that night was greatest in our storied history. That was the he first time I’d seen the whole ground up and singing, everyone in every part of the ground. That was the night that I knew we would win the European Cup. Bob cemented all the work that Bill had done before and as with all our triumphs since, they’re all built on the work and shoulders of Bill.
Yep. Nothing can touch that night for me.

Even the Main Stand was rocking, and they were normally comatose.  :)

The night the Earth really did shake.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2023, 08:45:35 pm »
At the risk of lowering the tone of this thread, surely the best goals scored at Anfield by the opponents were own goals. :)

My personal favourite from recent times must be Alderweireld's last minute winner, though Phil Neville and Wes Brown come close. With an honorary mention for Wout Faes.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2023, 10:37:02 pm »
Mascherano should've emptied him. Thankfully it didn't matter.

The best bit was all the over the top celebrations getting crushed like a bug 60 seconds later :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2023, 10:46:16 pm »
Luckily I wipe every opposition goal out of my memory so I generally don’t remember them. The only one that really hurt at Anfield was Thomas’s goal. It wasn’t a good goal but it was suck a sickener.
#JFT97

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2023, 11:07:08 am »
The third Barcelona goal in a 3-1 defeat, early 2000s. Barca had Kluivert and Rivaldo up front, and a young Xavi pulling strings in midfield already. It wasn't so much that the goal was especially brilliant, it was just a rounding off of a performance where they outplayed us completely. It was such a "welcome to the Champions League" moment. The Kop applauded it.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2023, 11:29:10 am »
The third Barcelona goal in a 3-1 defeat, early 2000s. Barca had Kluivert and Rivaldo up front, and a young Xavi pulling strings in midfield already. It wasn't so much that the goal was especially brilliant, it was just a rounding off of a performance where they outplayed us completely. It was such a "welcome to the Champions League" moment. The Kop applauded it.
I was at that game,the second half performance from thst Barcelona side was out of this world…

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2023, 03:03:16 pm »
Certainly been some worldies down the years and agree with others about Bathenay and Wanyama, both amazing strikes. But, for me, that Edman goal in 2005 was just unbelievable !

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2023, 08:11:59 am »
Martin Dobson in the Derby (possibly Kenny's first - we won 3-1).

And Hazard for Chelsea.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2023, 03:23:08 pm »
The only one I can think of is Shelvey for Swansea. Cracking shot in off the bar. Didn't mind too much as at the time it wasn't long ago he gave red nose the evil eye.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline HeWonItFromBrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2023, 04:26:16 pm »
Other than some of the worldy strikes that have been mentioned a lot, the ones that I really remember are the Barca CL goals from 2001 (Overmars team goal and the one before wasn't bad either, can't remember who finished it) and the Sheringham goal in the FA Cup when they knocked us out in 1995 has always stuck with me - sumptuous curler from edge of the box. They played well that day and got some applause from the home fans at the end.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:40:07 pm by HeWonItFromBrock »

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2023, 04:46:13 pm »
I think many people were pretty stunned when Wimbledon lucked their way to winning the 88 Cup Final but I wasn't. I'd been at Anfield the previous season when Alan Cork headed a late winner for them after a peach of a daisy-cutting freekick for them in the first half. (Kenny equalised with a bending beauty in the same game, right-footed.)

Anyway, the freekick was excellent but not sure if Gage or Winterburn or someone else.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2023, 05:01:12 pm »
I think many people were pretty stunned when Wimbledon lucked their way to winning the 88 Cup Final but I wasn't. I'd been at Anfield the previous season when Alan Cork headed a late winner for them after a peach of a daisy-cutting freekick for them in the first half. (Kenny equalised with a bending beauty in the same game, right-footed.)

Anyway, the freekick was excellent but not sure if Gage or Winterburn or someone else.

It was Nigel Winterburn who scored Wimbledon's first goal that afternoon.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2023, 05:40:42 pm »
It was Nigel Winterburn who scored Wimbledon's first goal that afternoon.

Cheers.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2023, 10:57:32 pm »
John Hartson for Celtic in the UEFA Cup QF in 2002 was a screamer.

I was in the Kop that night and couldn’t believe how many Celtic fans were in every part of the ground.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2023, 08:22:59 am »
I'm going back a bit, here, but...

Bobby Charlton ~ 1968, assist from George Best. Minute 2:42 of this little clip:

https://youtu.be/04zMxwsked8

Some good goals throughout that video.
Victorious and glorious....