Author Topic: Differences  (Read 7813 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Differences
« Reply #160 on: May 7, 2023, 10:26:18 pm »
I don't think there is that much.

A Hong Kong Red put it well on here yesterday. He or she reminded everyone what a great thing it was to be able to show your contempt for the establishment so vocally without being arrested by the police and 'disappeared' never to be seen again. In Hong Kong where the Chinese Communists control the courts they are not so lucky. 

I loved the protest yesterday. I also like the fact that no one got arrested for it. Klopp put it well. Freedom of expression is not to be scoffed at.

Even the arrests in London were carried out with a minimum of force. Imagine if the Mobile Gendarmerie were given that task?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 7, 2023, 10:29:40 pm »
Even the arrests in London were carried out with a minimum of force. Imagine if the Mobile Gendarmerie were given that task?

Dont give that c*nt of a Police Force the Met any encouragement. They would happily string up anyone black if they could.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 7, 2023, 10:32:18 pm »
Dont give that c*nt of a Police Force the Met any encouragement. They would happily string up anyone black if they could.

I was referring to the French riot police’s use of CS gas at the drop of a hat at any sign of dissent. Or even no sign.

Not sure how you getting to a potential lynching.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 7, 2023, 10:37:09 pm »
I was referring to the French riot police’s use of CS gas at the drop of a hat at any sign of dissent. Or even no sign.

Not sure how you getting to a potential lynching.

Is your reference to the french police supposed to paint the met in a better light?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #164 on: May 7, 2023, 10:41:40 pm »
I’m not naive enough to believe I’m unlucky just surprised by the sheer hatred of everything English.

I think the major issue is that ironically the people who most readily identify as 'English' and demand respect for everything 'English' are usually incredibly intolerant. The people who identify themselves as English as the exact people who boo every other country's National anthem. Are incredibly xenophobic, racist, and incredibly intolerant of people seeking asylum.

The exact people who are demanding respect for everything English are the people who showed absolutely no respect for being part of Europe. 

The kind of people who had no problem stating that they were English and not European now have a massive problem with people stating that they are scouse and not English.

I think what sums up the people who identify as 'English' is that they somehow missed the fact that Charles is the king of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 7, 2023, 10:48:33 pm »
Is your reference to the french police supposed to paint the met in a better light?

Well the protesters weren’t tear gassed, unlike our fans in Paris.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 7, 2023, 10:54:13 pm »

They were not, but dont give that scum bag police force any credit.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 7, 2023, 11:34:54 pm »
I read the comments on the mail website, I suggest the person who started the thread should read them too.

The irony is I responded in a non abusive way and was told by their more that I had got a load of complaints and was getting binned. Bloody snowflakes.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 8, 2023, 12:03:12 am »
Whats wrong with hating the english?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #169 on: May 8, 2023, 12:05:11 am »

The protesters were still harassed and arrested.

You're deflecting mate.

One injustice doesn't cancel out another - that's whataboutery.

;)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #170 on: May 8, 2023, 12:44:10 am »
Whats wrong with hating the english?

Probably because hate in general isn't a good look.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2023, 01:01:26 am »
Probably because hate in general isn't a good look.

Detest?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2023, 01:25:27 am »
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2023, 01:44:04 am »
Pity people can’t understand this, but, yes, many of us hate the rest of England. We hate the Royals and think they are nonce protecting lizards.

Telling me “hate” is  a strong word as I listen to away fans after away fans tear into the fabric of our city, and encounter prejudice against people from Liverpool. 

Grow a pair of balls, Liverpool is broad enough to welcome everybody, but expect passion and reaction from part of the fan base. To deny that is just internet posturing.

I hate Tories. I hate the Royals. So do many reds.

Let’s manage the decline of all of our foes.
Come and join us, stand shoulder to shoulder, but understand enough to know the left wing will always cut in and put it in the top corner.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2023, 01:48:19 am by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #174 on: May 8, 2023, 02:01:30 am »
Pity people can’t understand this, but, yes, many of us hate the rest of England. We hate the Royals and think they are nonce protecting lizards.

Telling me “hate” is  a strong word as I listen to away fans after away fans tear into the fabric of our city, and encounter prejudice against people from Liverpool. 

Grow a pair of balls, Liverpool is broad enough to welcome everybody, but expect passion and reaction from part of the fan base. To deny that is just internet posturing.

I hate Tories. I hate the Royals. So do many reds.

Let’s manage the decline of all of our foes.
Come and join us, stand shoulder to shoulder, but understand enough to know the left wing will always cut in and put it in the top corner.

Us Welsh have all this and a few more gripes.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2023, 02:37:18 am »
First two threads are:

This
Rawks - King banner.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan