Author Topic: CL: Liv 2 vs 5 RM Nuñez 4’ Mo 14’Vinicius 21’ 36’ Militao 47’ og 56’ Benzema 67  (Read 52764 times)

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can't handle a week of nonsense about how we'll twat Real 7-0 next week.

I'll watch the match full of hope but let's not get absolutely carried off the face of the earth because of what happened on Sunday.

Even if people were saying this [though no one is at the time of writing] the great thing is there's no legal requirement to read posts, threads or any content whatsoever on RAWK, so you should be able to handle the next week or so fine and remain very much here on the face of the earth.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This tie is not over by a long shot.

But we have to shut them out, or restrict them to one goal. And we will need our shooting boots on. Ali will probably have to play a blinder.

One thing we know: they are not going to fall apart. Even if they're down 0-4 at half time. Any hesitancy or switching off on our part, and Modric and Vini Jr. will bring down the curtain.

« Last Edit: March 7, 2023, 05:59:28 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
just want us to give them a really hard game and win the match, if its not enough to get through then so be it but at least make them earn it

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we're 1-0 up at 80 minutes, the ball won't be in play more than two minutes for the rest of the game, including injury time. They know how to manage a game, especially when leading. And if we do go 2-0 up at some point, they will still be leading, and they won't collapse like Man Utd (just like they didn't collapse when we went 2-0 at Anfield, or in all those other games last season), and they'll just waste even more time, they won't be bothered losing 2-0 at home if it takes them through. Not saying we can't do it, but I'd rather be 5-0 up at half-time. ;)

Paris I don't think the ball was in play at all in stoppage time, or it felt like that, they're like the Terminator, totally focussed on killing the game. Hit them early, hit them hard and see what happens.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Larse

• Kopite
The game came 1-2 weeks to early... Just sucks that now that we are slowly finding our firm again we could be out of all competitions.

I have a small hope that we can turn this around. Go up early and keep a clean sheet until the half and it might be possible. Most importantly we need to score every chance.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea scored 3 at the Bernebeau last season, so no reason we can't do the same (just need to avoid the conceding bit)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
There’s no way we’re beating these. Sorry to be the one with the downer but come on, where’s the evidence of us having the edge on Real Madrid? They’ve successfully sucked the life out of us time and time again and with Ancelotti in charge (only manager with a better reputation than Klopp) they’re going to game-manage us out of the equation. They are no Barcelona. No Man Utd either. They’re a properly legitimate outfit.

I believe we are better than Real Madrid man for man when we’re on song but we’re still not up there with their team play, assuredness, versatility and nous. We have one plan. One overwhelmingly awesome plan. But it’s still just one plan. They know how to beat it.

If we still had Origi I’d change my tune  ;)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, well, I think we can beat them. We may not score enough to go through, but I think we will win.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
I am not in any way shape or form going to demand to go through this round but an away win 0-1 would be most appreciated. At least give these c*nts a run for the money.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Real Madrid’s performances in the three games since scoring five at Anfield have been abysmal.

The have scored just one goal in a 1-1 home draw with 10 man Atletico. Scored by an 18 year old late substitute Alvaro Rodriguez on the night we played Palace.

The next game they lost 0-1 at home to Barca in the Copa Del Rey first leg semifinal with their strongest team and on Sunday night drew 0-0 at Real Betis who play Manu on Thursday.

Just how bad our defence was that night together with some lucky deflections is really shown up. I’m hoping that now we are looking steadier at the back with Konate fit we can give them a game next week. They do seem to have a hold on us but I would like to think the ball can start to bounce our way in at least one of the many games we have faced them.

I can’t remember a team who we struggle to beat since Leicester City way back. Having said that they cost us the League last season on that Boxing Day.
They are more of a cup (specifically the CL) team. They have glaring weaknesses but their efficiency and quality means that games are always within reach for them.

They are not great defensively and we will get chances which we need to punish. On the flip side, we can't make many mistakes because merely misplacing a pass can lead to us conceding with the quality that they have. That's the difference between them and most teams.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I am not in any way shape or form going to demand to go through this round but an away win 0-1 would be most appreciated. At least give these c*nts a run for the money.
I am confident that we will score. When we score will determine whether we can go through. You can't underestimate the fear of blowing a big lead and the impact that it can have.

At the very least, I would like to see a spirited performances ending in a respectable scoreline.

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
Nunez is the key. We get him the chances and he will get us the goals.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
We will do these 3-0.

I'm not putting any money on it because then it won't happen but they are getting rinsed.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Van Dijk - Fabinho - Matip - Konate all stood on the goal line

Alisson slightly in front of them to mop up the majority of attacks

Trent in front of them to play quarterback

Salah - Nunez - Firmino - Gakpo - Jota as a five man bulldozing attack.

It's dead simple. 0-9 to the reds.

:scarf

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
As a man who has amassed a small fortune over the years by betting on bookies to make money from punters  ::) I can't help wondering if our recent result has effected our odds against RM at all?

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
As a man who has amassed a small fortune over the years by betting on bookies to make money from punters  ::) I can't help wondering if our recent result has effected our odds against RM at all?
it has indeed, after the Madrid loss we were 25/1 to qualify for next round (still shite odds in my view) and now after the Utd thrashing we’re down to 16/1 to qualify for next round. The 7-0 effect  ;D

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
3-0 takes us to extra time & then anything can happen. Let's just go out there, give a good account of ourselves and see what happens :scarf

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
They can fuck right off. The Reds have got this.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Go a goal up and who knows. Problem is I don’t know how we stop them scoring.