Author Topic: Incident at Manchester Arena  (Read 76424 times)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: Incident at Manchester Arena
« Reply #760 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:47 am »
The brother of the bomber has refused to attend the inquest and now been able to leave the country, the failures around this incident are mind boggling and this must feel like another kick in the teeth for the families. How the hell is he allowed to dodge questioning ?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #761 on: October 19, 2021, 10:40:55 am »
The brother of the bomber has refused to attend the inquest and now been able to leave the country, the failures around this incident are mind boggling and this must feel like another kick in the teeth for the families. How the hell is he allowed to dodge questioning ?

He's not the only one to skip the country with difficult questions about what he knew beforehand unanswered too. GMP aren't doing well even with those on bail for crimes, let alone those just with a summons to appear.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #762 on: October 22, 2021, 05:51:32 pm »
Would be foolish to speculate beyond the statement by the police I think.

Earlier today (Friday 22 October 2021), a 24-year-old man was arrested at Manchester Airport on suspicion of engaging in the preparation of acts of terrorism/assisting others in acts of preparation under section 5 of the Terrorism Act (2006).

The man, who is from the Fallowfield area of Manchester, was arrested shortly after arriving back in the UK.

He remains in custody for questioning.

The arrest is in relation to the terror attack which took place at the Manchester Arena on the night of 22 May 2017, and took the lives of 22 innocent people.

The senior investigating officer for the investigation, Simon Barraclough, said:

"Greater Manchester Police remains firmly committed to establishing the truth surrounding the circumstances of the terror attack at the Manchester Arena - whether that is by supporting the on-going public inquiry or by continuing to pursue leads with regards to the criminal investigation.

"Over four years have passed since the atrocity took place but we are unwavering in our dedication to follow each line of enquiry available so that we can provide all those affected by the events at the arena with the answers they rightly deserve."
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #763 on: March 2, 2023, 06:16:39 pm »
I defy anyone to listen to the speech by the mother of murdered Liam Curry today, following the verdict of the final part of the inquest into the Arena bomb, and keep a dry eye.

Eloquent, emotional, visceral. Rightly condemnatory of the multiple failures, from MI5 to the emergency services to the arena. And called out the murderer and his evil, scumbag family who helped him (turns out, Abedi's father, who feigned ignorance in aftermath, was the shitstain who radicalised the murderer)

It reminded me of some statements made by Hillsborough families following that inquest.

I was driving when hearing her read her statement, and in absolute bits by the end.

Religion of peace, eh?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #764 on: March 2, 2023, 07:22:38 pm »
I defy anyone to listen to the speech by the mother of murdered Liam Curry today, following the verdict of the final part of the inquest into the Arena bomb, and keep a dry eye.

Eloquent, emotional, visceral. Rightly condemnatory of the multiple failures, from MI5 to the emergency services to the arena. And called out the murderer and his evil, scumbag family who helped him (turns out, Abedi's father, who feigned ignorance in aftermath, was the shitstain who radicalised the murderer)

It reminded me of some statements made by Hillsborough families following that inquest.

I was driving when hearing her read her statement, and in absolute bits by the end.

Religion of peace, eh?

Well no lessons were learnt after Hillsborough, no lessons were learnt after the 7th July bombings the lack of institutional incompetence is breath taking.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: March 2, 2023, 08:39:36 pm »
Well no lessons were learnt after Hillsborough, no lessons were learnt after the 7th July bombings the lack of institutional incompetence is breath taking.

We're just waiting for the next major incident to happen, really.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #766 on: March 4, 2023, 03:08:56 am »

Here's a thought provoking & harrowing article on the similarities, with organisations defecting blame & blaming each other

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64798847
The Manchester Arena Inquiry was a mammoth undertaking. Evidence was heard over 196 days, presented and pored over by 18 legal teams, and culminating in three reports running into hundreds of pages.

I went to many of the hearings and, while much of what I heard did cast fresh light on the May 2017 bombing, I listened to a lot of the evidence with a sinking heart and a sense of familiarity and deja vu.

As the BBC's North of England Correspondent, I've also spent many years covering the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster in Sheffield - sitting through two years of inquest hearings, and three criminal trials.

The more I heard at the Arena inquiry, the more it reminded me of Hillsborough.

And I wasn't the only one. Several Hillsborough families told me that they had an uncomfortable sense of history repeating itself.
#Sausages

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: March 4, 2023, 08:50:10 am »

Religion of peace, eh?
Islam and islamists are not synonymous, Islamism is not about the Islamic faith, rather, it is a dystopian ideology that distorts religion, neighbour invited me over for a brew to express this after the attacks.
No time for caution.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #768 on: March 4, 2023, 09:07:32 am »
Islam and islamists are not synonymous, Islamism is not about the Islamic faith, rather, it is a dystopian ideology that distorts religion, neighbour invited me over for a brew to express this after the attacks.
But of course. Just as no all Labour Party members, police officers, or Russians are all the same. But, would we not argue (and have we not argued) that it is for the members of those organisations/communities to clean house or face the prospect of outsiders to clean house for them?
Do you think it was fair to criticise Corbyn's Labour Party for the problems of anti-Semitism under his leadership? Or, was it just individuals and nothing should have been done about it? How about the good ole Met? Just a few bad apples - just like any other police force - so just shrug your shoulders? Or Russian nationalistic Imperialism, just the fault of its dictator? Or, do you think the Labour Party, the Met, and the Russian people as a whole bear some responsibility for their groups?

This is not the same thing as tarring them all (Party members, police, Russians, (British) Muslims) with the same brush. It is only about looking at what's happening with clear eyes and calling out unacceptable behaviour. Some children scuffing a book is not equivalent to grown men issuing deaths threats against children. And this reaction/behavior is not an adoration - it was expected! Which is why so many people have been making really bad calls in their reactions (the head teacher, for one).
I suggest that your reasoning smacks of appeasement and complacency and will lead to a worsening of the situation. I have read a few hotheaded comments here and there at RAWK, but I do not believe anyone here is tarring all Muslims with the same brush. Whenever there is a sizeable and dangerous element within a group and the group does not effectively address it, then the group, rightly, deserves criticism (from without) for their lack of action. To take two specific examples close to most members' hearts here at RAWK: are/were all SYP officers the same?; are/were all Labour Party members anti-Semites? If not, does this mean that SYP and the LP are/were not deserving of criticism?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: March 4, 2023, 09:49:21 am »
"Whenever there is a sizeable and dangerous element within a group and the group does not effectively address it, then the group, rightly, deserves criticism (from without) for their lack of action."

My  point is they are.not the same group, one is a religion one is a radical ideology , did catholics deserve criticism after the bombing by the ira in 96? ( my mother got abused in street  in the aftermath)
No time for caution.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: March 4, 2023, 10:13:56 am »
"Whenever there is a sizeable and dangerous element within a group and the group does not effectively address it, then the group, rightly, deserves criticism (from without) for their lack of action."

My  point is they are.not the same group, one is a religion one is a radical ideology , did catholics deserve criticism after the bombing by the ira in 96? ( my mother got abused in street  in the aftermath)

The problem with Islamist bombers is that there are elements of their clergy who encourage their behaviour. Whilst Islam doesn’t have a rigid hierarchy like the Christian churches some imams do bear responsibility.

Although the theocratic rulers of Iran have form for encouraging and facilitating violence.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #771 on: March 4, 2023, 11:44:46 am »
The problem with Islamist bombers is that there are elements of their clergy who encourage their behaviour. Whilst Islam doesn’t have a rigid hierarchy like the Christian churches some imams do bear responsibility.

Although the theocratic rulers of Iran have form for encouraging and facilitating violence.
This is is it. There are several Islamic states who do or have sponsored this stuff, and (many/most of the) the Imams of those countries are complicit. And then, in the UK, there have been many Mosques where radicalization and extremism has not only been tolerated, but encouraged. There is a problem. Of course there is. And, again, for those who do not understand nuance or of the hand-wringing persuasion - and are unable/unwilling to look at things critically - this does not mean that 'all Muslims are the same'.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2023, 11:47:56 am by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: March 4, 2023, 01:34:02 pm »
Lets get back to the failings of the UK systems.

Another one to add alongside Hillsborough and Grenfell.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2023, 04:07:00 pm by Red-Soldier »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: March 4, 2023, 04:08:30 pm »
Lets get back to the failings of the UK systems.

Another one to add alongside Hillsborough and Grenfell.

And Orgreave.