Author Topic: Colin Wanker  (Read 104530 times)

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Colin Wanker
« Reply #801 on: May 5, 2019, 07:55:35 am »
Just heard a stat that 42% of the teams relegated from the Premier League and EFL this season have been managed by him.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: May 5, 2019, 11:21:39 am »
He's such a weird man.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #803 on: May 5, 2019, 11:24:12 am »
Surely he'll retire after this season

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 5, 2019, 11:43:43 am »
As long as he doesn’t end up on tv I’m fine with that

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: May 5, 2019, 11:44:52 am »
Thread title change to "Colin Wanker relegated hahahahhahahhahhahahahhhahhahhahhahahahahhaahhahahaha"?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #806 on: April 10, 2022, 03:08:39 pm »
Retired. Good fucking riddance to the twat.

Colin Wanker: Former Middlesbrough, QPR and Sheffield United manager retires Former Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and QPR boss Colin Wanker has announced his retirement from management.

The 73-year-old left his most recent job at Championship side Boro in November and has had a career spanning 41 years across 16 different clubs.

Warnock holds the record for promotions in English football with eight, notably taking his boyhood club Sheffield United into the Premier League in 2006.

In announcing the decision, he told Sky Sports: "I decided to have a rest."

Warnock managed 1,603 games across his career, with his longest spell being at Sheffield United between 1999 and 2007 in which he won 165 of his 388 matches in charge.

"I just thought it was the right time. Coming towards the end of the season, there's not really a job you're going to get before then," Warnock said.

"I've had a good run. I'm enjoying things I've not done for years, I'm having a lot of time with the family, my dogs and I've taken up cycling too.

"I'm not saying the enthusiasm's gone - I've not lost that - but when I see some of my friends who are struggling health wise, there comes a time where you have to let your family enjoy a little bit more of your time."

Warnock also took QPR into the top flight in 2011, before repeating the feat with Cardiff in 2018.

His time in the Welsh capital featured the tragic disappearance and death of Emiliano Sala, which Warnock described as his "worst week in football".

Prior to management, an 11-year playing career as a winger saw Warnock turn out for Rotherham United, Barnsley and Crewe Alexandra, before retiring from on-pitch duties at the age of 30.

He landed his first full-time managerial role with Northern Premier League side Gainsborough Trinity in 1981.

His first promotion took Scarborough into the Football League in 1987, before Notts County went up two seasons in a row to land a First Division spot in 1991.

Whether in charge of Leeds United, Crystal Palace or Plymouth Argyle, he was known as a tenacious leader who could bring a dressing room together and never shied away from criticising referees.

Michael Brown, who played for Warnock at Sheffield United and at Leeds, paid tribute to the "incredible career" of his former boss.

He said: "When I first met Colin Wanker, he was probably still fighting to prove himself.

"At Sheffield United, in the early days, we were down to 12,000 in crowds. Quickly we were up to 25-30,000, getting the club back to where it belonged.

"Great passion for the game. Yes, he didn't always do things that didn't upset people, but that was part of the make-up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61051876

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #807 on: April 10, 2022, 03:12:40 pm »
Michael Brown, who played for Warnock at Sheffield United and at Leeds, paid tribute to the "incredible career" of his former boss.

He said: "When I first met Colin Wanker, he was probably still fighting to prove himself."

Auto-correct is vicious... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2022, 03:13:39 pm »
Retired after a glittering zero trophied 41 year career
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2022, 03:14:36 pm »
Good riddance you miserable old Tory twat.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #810 on: April 10, 2022, 03:15:13 pm »

He said: "When I first met Colin Wanker, he was probably still fighting to prove himself."

Auto-correct is vicious... :D
I actually forgot about the Auto-correct when I posted the above article.
Pissed myself laughing when I re-read it.  ;D

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: April 10, 2022, 03:18:26 pm »
What do his family think about him spending more time with them? Think he forgot to ask

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #812 on: April 10, 2022, 03:28:36 pm »
Clearly a very good manager for the lower leagues and used every trick in the book to win the battle off the pitch. I like him to be honest and wish him well with his retirement.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: April 10, 2022, 03:38:47 pm »
He'll be back managing before January next season
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #814 on: April 10, 2022, 03:56:37 pm »
He'll be back managing before January next season
At Everton?   ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: April 10, 2022, 05:10:51 pm »
Retired after a glittering zero trophied 41 year career

Think Hodgson has won more than him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: April 10, 2022, 07:50:02 pm »
Think Hodgson has won more than him.

Hodgson has won trophies in Sweden, Switzerland and Denmark. Also, he has taken 2 of his teams (Inter Milan and Fulham) to the UEFA Cup/Europa League final. He is a legend, compared to Colin Wanker ...

Offline SpaceDimensionController

• Main Stander
« Reply #817 on: April 10, 2022, 09:04:06 pm »
Happy retirement Wanker!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: April 10, 2022, 11:13:56 pm »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #819 on: April 11, 2022, 09:23:05 pm »
Happy retirement Wanker!

I don't think happy is an option for Colin. He seems the kind of guy who sits at his window all day after retirement waiting for people walking by talking too loudly so he can scream at them or writing up numbers of cars that had their windows down with music playing and then filing a complaint with the coppers...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #820 on: April 12, 2022, 11:01:18 am »
Has he announced yet that he's going to be a candidate for the Tory/Brexit Party at the next election?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #821 on: April 12, 2022, 11:22:19 am »
Retires with a far better reputation than he deserves.

Off you fuck Griphook
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #822 on: February 13, 2023, 02:24:06 pm »
Back in a job.

Colin Wanker: Huddersfield Town reappoint veteran as manager

Huddersfield Town have reappointed Colin Wanker for his second spell as manager, with the 74-year-old coming out of retirement to take charge.

Warnock returns almost 30 years after his first stint, during which he led the Terriers to promotion via the third-tier play-offs in 1994-95.

The club are currently 23rd in the Championship and a point from safety.

He becomes Huddersfield's third manager of the season, after Danny Schofield and Mark Fotheringham.

Warnock's appointment, on a short-term basis until the end of the season, means he is the club's fifth permanent boss in less than three years.

"My first spell at Huddersfield Town had everything; we went to Wembley twice, moved into the new stadium, and really built the club from nothing. It was a special time," he told the club website.

"I'm coming back to help the club, but also [chairman] Dean Hoyle. I know what he has done behind the scenes and I've always had a lot of time for him.

"I've looked at the fixtures and we've got some fantastic games to come. I want to come back and put smiles on faces."

Warnock takes on the job of keeping the club in the division after a marked decline since reaching last season's Championship play-off final.

The veteran boss, who has managed 1,603 games across his career, had retired from football management after leaving Middlesbrough last season.

Second-tier strugglers Huddersfield sacked Fotheringham on 8 February after just four months in charge, having won five of the 21 games of his tenure.

Narcis Pelach was put in interim charge of the club prior to their defeat by relegation rivals Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64627655?at_link_id=D9A27A62-ABA7-11ED-845B-95750EDC252D&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_type=web_link&at_link_origin=Match_of_the_Day&at_format=link&at_medium=social&at_campaign_type=owned&fbclid=IwAR2GKi0BcNUJaHlwU-SixFf85B5LcBRkOstnbfYIiPToteyPHVy4JLFch1k

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: February 13, 2023, 02:46:25 pm »
His wife probably had enough of him and told him to fuck off back into employment.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: February 13, 2023, 02:52:32 pm »
Smart from Huddersfield, play into the exposure of the new Hogwarts Legacy game

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #825 on: February 13, 2023, 04:48:04 pm »
Everton's dogs of war saviour next February.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: February 13, 2023, 05:00:30 pm »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: February 13, 2023, 05:16:15 pm »
He’d quite a decent follow on Twitter to be fair. Somebody like him can never retire.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: February 13, 2023, 06:23:41 pm »
Has definitely said Brexit means Brexit at some point.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: February 13, 2023, 06:52:59 pm »
Has definitely said Brexit means Brexit at some point.
I used to think so but I’ve actually never seen one player allege anything that paints him in a negative light in regard to those views. Actually seems like he has a great relationship with a lot of his former players. I know Sol Bamba loves him.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: February 13, 2023, 07:11:28 pm »
I used to think so but I’ve actually never seen one player allege anything that paints him in a negative light in regard to those views. Actually seems like he has a great relationship with a lot of his former players. I know Sol Bamba loves him.

I mean…he said it himself

“I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world.”

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: February 13, 2023, 08:00:00 pm »
His wife probably had enough of him and told him to fuck off back into employment.
Can only be this.

Thought he'd walked away for good not long after the Emiliano Sala tragedy (underscored by how despicable Cardiff have behaved then and since).

He's up there with Hodgson in terms of deeply unpleasant dinosaurs.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2023, 05:53:08 am »

That's genuinely disturbing. The stuff of nightmares
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2023, 01:30:45 pm »
That's genuinely disturbing. The stuff of nightmares

Liam Gallagher in 2047...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #834 on: February 14, 2023, 01:32:57 pm »
Liam Gallagher in 2047...
Surname checks out
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D