Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 3010 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #40 on: February 5, 2023, 02:03:51 pm »
I live down south and in my 53 years of experience, Arsenal fans are the worst fans in England.  They're the first to gloat and boast about their own team when things are going well.  And they go on and on and on and on about it.  And on.

They're also the first to boo their own team if things aren't going well.  And they do it vociferously.  I can't stand them as a fanbase and when I'm introduced to someone who turns out to be an Arsenal fan my heart sinks.
You're right what you say about their behaviour but no way are they worse than the likes of Chelsea, Millwall and a few others in London. I'd take them over any other London club in fact, even with their booing and gloating.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 5, 2023, 02:09:10 pm »
They also went through a phase of thinking they’d single-handedly invented pass ‘n’ move when Wenger was there and comically booing those who actually cleared their lines or dared play a long ball - ignoring they’d done just that with a certain degree of success during the George Graham era just a few years earlier, revelling in their route one reputation when pitted against Kenny’s slicker, more-attractive Liverpool sides.

They’re probably not even in the top five of appalling fanbases for me, as annoying as they can be, but it’s a very competitive category in England. There’s decent Arsenal fans, obviously.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #42 on: February 5, 2023, 02:14:47 pm »
Nobheads in every fan base, including ours.
Get over it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: February 5, 2023, 02:20:49 pm »
Nobheads in every fan base, including ours.
Get over it.

No! I shall not.,

Drop me a line mate and let me know when you're gigging, could get over there and have a pint :)

My post was really give the lads a break. They more than deserve it and they must be feeling shit that it's all gone a bit wrong recently.

But we play Real Madrid in the 'Champions' League soon, so you never know!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #44 on: February 5, 2023, 02:21:43 pm »
Football fans in lack of self-awareness shocker.

Can we really take seriously what opposition fans think or say about us when every other fanbase in the country is choc-full of hypocrites, whingers and entitled moaners too?

The whole damn world is full of crying arsed, entitled whingers shouting to the rooftops to anyone unfortunate to be in earshot or reading on the internet. The quality of football fandom is at an all- time low right across the board, which is a reflection of the all-time low we currently have in the quality of society itself.

Every away end that comes to Anfield is full of the least socially aware morons, bigots, poverty revelling, bereavement taunting, seemingly socially entitled, smug arseholes I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. I mean desperately low IQ content coming from people who believe themselves to be superior. Yet, we are supposed to care what they think?

Nah, they are a bunch of ignorant arseholes with no self or social awareness whatsoever. I can't take their opinion seriously at all. Not until they look in the mirror and take a long, hard look first. Then we can talk...
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 02:35:05 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: February 5, 2023, 02:23:27 pm »
Funniest thing about this is that an Arsenal supporter would say this with a straight face.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 5, 2023, 02:26:33 pm »
Not even a poll. Fuck off Andy.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 5, 2023, 02:33:48 pm »
I got invited to a seat yesterday and Goodison Park with my missus, some Evertonians and some Arsenal fans.

I had a nice day. I love watching football. I'm a football fan and when the result doesn't matter you can enjoy the experience. Had a great day, some beers and then hit town for a few more, a kebab and karaoke.

Great day out.

Obviously Evertonians don't like us - that's a given but the Arsenal fans were saying that we're not really liked because we come across as entitled whining gobshites.

With this in mind, I have read through a few of our threads on this very board. We have done amazing. Amazing. In the last few years. If we have a bit of a dip then the lads and the manager deserve to be given a break.

Do I see any of that thought in the threads? No. I see a load of entitled whining, whining fucking c*nts. I'm sorry but we are embarrasing. Given what we've achieved over the last few years we have done enough to win the league pretty much every year. We have been incredible. The lads have been brilliant. The manager has been brilliant.

Maybe some of you whining shithouses should remember the fucking song you sing before every fucking game. 'through the wind and the rain"

We are supposed to be better than his. I'm disappointed that we are just a bunch of crying whining inbred fucking knobheads. Get a fucking grip.

:wellin

Its football, shit happens, get over it you crying jessies and back the best manager anyone under 30 has ever seen manage us and for those of us old enough, he sits comfortably with Shanks, Bob and Kenny.

If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win.  :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: February 5, 2023, 02:34:56 pm »
Not in the slightest bit arsed about what Arsenal fan thinks.

They booed and hounded out their longest serving and most successful manager, their opinion is irrelevant.  Putting banners up pushing him out the club. We are not like them. Times are tough right now but what happened to Wenger at the emirates would never happen to Klopp at Anfield.

We are the most successful club in this country, we don’t feel entitled to success but it’s an expectation.

I’m nowhere near old enough to experience the days of Shankly or Paisley but I’ve been told stories, Klopp is my version of them.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 5, 2023, 02:42:48 pm »

Generally agree with the post though it depends whether criticising anything is permitted. Total unquestioning North Korean super fandom is almost as bad.

Totally on board with not slating players on a personal level and our manager is sacrosanct but we were within our rights to criticise ownership for not addressing midfield. Indeed the propagandists who tried to shut down that criticism by screaming “bedwetters!” were little more than enablers.

And I’m 100% with watching any football and leaving hatred at the door. Chelsea may be the exception as they’re still a welcome home for overt racists and I’ll often have a chat with rival fans on the train. Most are fine outside of the tribe.