fucking appalled
6 (17.1%)
Hazell vs
13 (37.1%)
Betty Blue
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 19, 2021, 09:50:23 pm

Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft Semi-Finals  (Read 904 times)

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Ultimate Multi Club Draft Semi-Finals
« on: October 18, 2021, 09:50:23 pm »
Please remember to vote for one option per match and that players should be judged on their whole careers / in their prime!

Semi-final 1: Sheer Magnetism v fucking appalled

Sheer Magnetism

vs

fucking appalled

Semi-final 2: Hazell v Betty Blue

Hazell

vs

Betty Blue

JFT97

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft Semi-Finals
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:18:32 pm »
Hazell and Betty was as close as any match I can remember on here, but in the end I had to go Hazell. His centre back pairing is stronger, his midfield has enough of a physical advantage to win that duel and Ribery and Boniek - while less skillful than Betty's wingers - are more tactically disciplined. Having said that, Betty's full backs are probably more dangerous and that front four has tons of goals in it. I had to give it a lot of thought.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:22:42 pm »
Sheer because of Sammer and Hazell because of his midfield triangle.

And I love you all!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 08:05:50 am »
Keane was a bottler on the biggest stage. Did he even turn up in that famous night in Barcelona?

Did he shine in the 2002 World Cuo when he would have been at his peak? Emphatically no. Matthaus having to do a lot of work there.

Same with Baggio. Poor man’s Del Piero.

Don’t get me started on that horse up front.

Still, best of luck to both teams.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 09:32:18 am »
Not sure me or Betty should be getting such a shoeing! But these are the four best teams from the start do no arguments about losing
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 10:28:55 am »
Disagree these were the four best teams to begin with, but they're all good sides and the lopsided nature - even though I went with Betty and Lobo - is a bit of a surprise. Some really good teams there, I particularly like Lobo's midfield. Betty's midfield is a thing of beauty, I can't believe it's not getting more love, two superb central midfielders with three of the greatest creative players of the last 70 years!

Something about Sheer's midfield feels unbalanced to me, maybe it's how narrow it is, with the cope that Sammer drops into a back three, but Hagi would essentially be an additional forward and I don't like Henderson and Modric covering so much space between them, especially when Maradona and Recoba are the players attacking that space. VVD and Kompany are the best pairing of CBs in the draft though, but Nesta/Godin isn't a million miles off.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 11:07:28 am »
Not sure me or Betty should be getting such a shoeing! But these are the four best teams from the start do no arguments about losing

Yeah, does feel a little harsh. But no arguments on going out here either. 4 great teams on show - though the standard was ridiculously high across the board. Sheer did especially well considering he was placed last in the order!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 11:45:47 am »
Score lines sometimes feel unfair I think. The trouble is, if the majority think “two good sides but Team x just shades it” then the score line can still show that as a bit of a drubbing.

Not looking to change anything, just an observation!

I went Lobo and Hazell but I do love Betty’s front four, it’s superb. Just think Hazell shades midfield and defence but all very subjective.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 12:22:13 pm »
I voted for one of the winning and one of the losing teams. Bit surprised both ties were this one-sided.
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 12:48:05 pm »
The fuck they were.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 12:52:26 pm »
The fuck they were.  ;D

Your side was one of my faves, but you fell into the trap of picking a CB who RAWK has never heard of in Rosato.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 01:07:04 pm »
Your side was one of my faves, but you fell into the trap of picking a CB who RAWK has never heard of in Rosato.
True, I kind of panicked with that pick. Poor Rosi, that 4-1 against Brazil in the 70’s word cup final, put a dent on his legendary status, though he’s still greatly respected by football connoisseurs. Still, an Italian name on defense always sound intimidating.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 01:09:35 pm by Lastrador »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 01:37:33 pm »
True, I kind of panicked with that pick. Poor Rosi, that 4-1 against Brazil in the 70’s word cup final, put a dent on his legendary status, though he’s still greatly respected by football connoisseurs. Still, an Italian name on defense always sound intimidating.  ;D

Noted. I’ll pick Dossena in the next one.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 05:22:17 pm »
I went for Sheer and thought the other one was a draw. Four good sides, but yeah I disagree that these were the four best sides of the draft.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 07:03:08 pm »
I guess it's a consolation I always go out in the first round against an eventual finalist  ;D
Linudden.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 10:22:27 pm »
Unlucky Betty, really liked your team, even with Redondo in there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.