Author Topic: Wall Street Journal: Texas Tycoon Learns a Lesson: Don't Mess With Liverpudlians  (Read 41254 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
This would make a great Netflix documentary. Still have the Standards Corrupted shirt - one of my favourite posessions.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I always wished I could have bought the t shirt but Paul had been out of work for 2yrs at the time so for obvious reasons it never happened.

I played my part in other ways though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
I have the shirt too. I hope whoever the lad that made them got his money back.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have the shirt too. I hope whoever the lad that made them got his money back.

Almost certain they did as they did them in limited runs. 1500 shirts sold out in the first 4 days

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260102.40
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Almost certain they did as they did them in limited runs. 1500 shirts sold out in the first 4 days

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260102.40
Hmm, I seem to recall a second batch. When I phoned up a few weeks later they said they had loads left.

Hope they did all sell eventually and (was it Johnny?) got his money back. If I recall he had a family bereavement at around the same time, so a tough time for him.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Still basking in victory hours later, Mr. Kayll was euphoric when the Hicks photos from New York dropped into his lap. He crowed: "We know his every move."
This Alan Kayll, a cab driver from Liverpool, sounds like a savvy private detective. Well done to him and really proud of his "pressure campaign" effort.  :)  :)

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!