Author Topic: Half time: Leicester 0-0 Liverpool  (Read 4251 times)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Re: Half time: Leicester 0-0 Liverpool
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2021, 01:25:01 pm »
It felt like we were kicking against the wind in the first half. Not sure why Mane didn’t run in on goal when Trent played him in early on.

It’s just breaking down in the final third but we’ve played well. Leicester and Vardy have had the best chances mind.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2021, 01:25:08 pm »
I'm hoping for a repeat of the W Ham 2nd half (Fingers, toes and eyes crossed)....
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2021, 01:25:10 pm »
This game is there for us to win but the threat of the sucker punch is ever present.

In a nutshell.

Lots of good play, needs some end product.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2021, 01:25:29 pm »
Frustratingly comfortable, just again lacking that cutting edge. Sadio and Mo looking sharp up to a point. Thiago again really disappointing since coming on, seems to lack much nouse or awareness of his position (which we know isn’t true but it’s how he’s playing). Lost it at least twice in dangerous positions trying to Cruyff turn in tight spaces, it’s bizarre.

Got lucky at the end there, Hendo fucked up a couple of times to let Steptoe in

The majesty of Anthony Taylor summed up by not booking Ndidi for a cynical foul on Curtis to stop a break but then booking Curtis for cynically stopping a Leicester break.

The ball is behaving oddly too. They said it was a perfect day with no wind but I’m finding it hard to believe, it’s either windy as fuck or they’ve done something with the pitch

Glad someone else noticed this.... in the mist of the season --- seems like so many of the inconsistencies gets lost in the fog.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:04 pm »
What can you say - played really well, deserved to lead... not a single break of the ball or half chance is going our way - just an incredibly unlucky run

By far the better team

I totally agree with that observation. We are just getting nothing happening for us, when you look at how other teams get dodgy knocks of defenders it never seems to run that way for us. We have the biggest negative run of luck going. We are looking brighter though and Sadio is starting to find his feet again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:07 pm »
We're the better side, but lack a bit of sharpness. Leicester with some really good chances and closer to scoring.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:19 pm »
Fella is on 120k p/w, let tha sink in

Yep. A complete non-entity for us at the moment.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:21 pm »
We played very well in between boxes and  we were excellent in pressing and denying them time on the ball, but our decision-making and finishing around their goal has been poor again.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:25 pm »
Thiago really hasn't got going for us has he? Seems to give the ball away far too often and always looks like going to ground in the tackle. He's going to pick up a lot of bookings for us.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:35 pm »
Thiago just hasn't got going at all yet.

Wonder if didn't start because he's not quite 100%. Bit of a sod Milner going off early.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:45 pm »
When you think of the control and finish from Salah against West Ham it leaves you scratching your head how he messes up that chance from the Henderson pass.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:50 pm »
These injuries are beyond a joke now.........Milly ffs

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:07 pm »
Yep. A complete non-entity for us at the moment.

As you keep saying, give it a rest with the digs at him.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:10 pm »
Fella had one of the most serious injuries you will ever see a footballer come back from. 

Some would be struggling to walk properly. 

Astonishing that people throw players under a bus so easily.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:16 pm »
Wonder if didn't start because he's not quite 100%. Bit of a sod Milner going off early.

As was said in the game at the start, he hasn’t trained and then gets thrown on in a needs must situation.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:19 pm »
No scapegoats today --- final third play is we where need to improve..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 01:29:19 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:42 pm »
Goof performances without the goals. Now, where have I heard that one before?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2021, 01:28:01 pm »
We’ve had penalties given against us for less.
All that possession and no threat and width of a cross bar from losing at half time

They're regularly given. I don't think it warrants a penalty but it would be given if Vardy goes down at the other end.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2021, 01:28:10 pm »
Fella had one of the most serious injuries you will ever see a footballer come back from. 

And he’s not even playing :lmao
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2021, 01:28:27 pm »
When you think of the control and finish from Salah against West Ham it leaves you scratching your head how he messes up that chance from the Henderson pass.
He always makes the harder chances look easy and vice versa. Numerous times he’s miscontrolled balls like that over the years but then does something sublime which makes them easily forgettable.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2021, 01:28:34 pm »
Glad someone else noticed this.... in the mist of the season --- seems like so many of the inconsistencies gets lost in the fog.
We need the team going fucking nuts at the ref for every decision not going our way . Like just look at Salah's peno appeal , i think he only appealed for it and barely at that.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2021, 01:28:36 pm »
Both Trent and Robbo look up for this...both doing well

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:05 pm »
Mane loos to have the beating of Amartey and Mo has the beating of Perrera...

Just need to make sure we have more options in the box.

Good first half.  Chances for both sides.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:07 pm »
Salah having a strange game. Its like the ball is bobbling off him or around him.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:08 pm »
I know there's a CB crisis but strange seeing Stewart Downing at CB next to Henderson.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:13 pm »

Are you honest astonished because I’m not in the least.

Knee injury from a shithouse tackle, out for the best part of 4 months, come back into this shitshow of a situation and isn’t instantly good and he’s being thrown under a bus, he’s not even been particularly bad either.

I’ve said this a few times but if you remember when Alonso played for us, wheneve the team played badly he didn’t look great and Thiago reminds me of that hugely. Absolute least of our worries currently.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:16 pm »
Both Trent and Robbo look up for this...both doing well

Trent looks back to his best and has done so since the Spurs game. Bodes well.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:28 pm »

Plus not like his had the chance to get any rhythm. He’ll play 60 minutes on the left and not play for 7 games.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:47 pm »
We need the team going fucking nuts at the ref for every decision not going our way . Like just look at Salah's peno appeal , i think he only appealed for it and barely at that.
Indeed - did VAR even look at it ? Any other team and they would've.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:06 pm »
Hopefully that Manc twat Evans is out for a few games after injuring himself being a dirty twat. Clean shot on for Mane there which you’d fancy him to score from before that eagle headed twat sticks his leg out.

He was 20 yards out, had another CB in front of him, I wouldn't fancy Mane to score from there this season - he is massively under-performing his xG this season - both him and Firmino are in the worst 10 in the league for that stat, both with more than 2.5 fewer goals than an average player would have got given the same chances.  For reference, the other plays who have scored either 2.5 goals fewer or more are Maupay, Dedoncker, Trezeguet, Richarlison, Werner and KDB (and if you include Firminos really good chance that would probablly have been ruled as offside, than Firmino actually goes to 3 goals fewer, wioth only Werner and KDB with more than that)

Salah on the other hand this season has massively been out performing his xG - having scored 4 MORE goals than his xG - the only player on more is Son at Spurs with 5.8, and the other plays on 3 or more are all defenders or midfielders who haven't got a high xG so it's easier to outperform (Ward-Prowse, McTominay, Gundogan, Zouma) other than Zaha

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:09 pm »
As was said in the game at the start, he hasn’t trained and then gets thrown on in a needs must situation.

Missed that about him not training. Explains a lot!

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:22 pm »
I totally agree with that observation. We are just getting nothing happening for us, when you look at how other teams get dodgy knocks of defenders it never seems to run that way for us. We have the biggest negative run of luck going. We are looking brighter though and Sadio is starting to find his feet again.

Yep - it seems that of 100 balls that go into the box (shots, corners etc), 95 of them bounce with zero 'luck' to us.  Maybe that's just paranoia, but it seems we're not getting the break at all right now.

Football is won and lost on small margins, and every team needs a bit of luck (or fortune)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:24 pm »
Thiago is trying to hard. He has lost the ball 4 times dribbling, just keep passing the spaces are there. Salah and Mane both made outrageous dives in that half. That c*nt Taylor wont give us fuck all after Mo dived looking for the penalty.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:25 pm »
Clearly the better side, controlling the game etc, but they've have had the better chances.

Cmon Redmen lets do this.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:35 pm »
Zero contact. A bit embarrassing going down like that at times.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:36 pm »
We could do with using bobby. give him the ball. We are playing around him, ball goes wide, goes around the back goes wide again. when we play the ball in, he is in the 10 position not 9. His position when we play like this is defunct. give him the ball and let him turn his man and open things up.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2021, 01:30:49 pm »

It did - the commentary team confirmed they received confirmation it looked at it, but it was a quick decision as it was not a "clear and obvious" error

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2021, 01:31:40 pm »
It was shocking wasn’t it,bout 5mins apart aswell...

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2021, 01:31:44 pm »
Seems like every game we have played as of late. Dominate without really creating much of anything, with the opponents sitting back on the counter for the eventuality that they will get a goal (which they will get at some point).

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2021, 01:31:48 pm »
We could do with using bobby. give him the ball. We are playing around him, ball goes wide, goes around the back goes wide again. when we play the ball in, he is in the 10 position not 9. His position when we play like this is defunct. give him the ball and let him turn his man and open things up.
We’ve given him the ball, he keeps losing it though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."