Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals, 2nd leg: 16th-17th April  (Read 57524 times)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals, 2nd leg: 16th-17th April
« Reply #1920 on: April 20, 2019, 12:53:37 am »
I can't stop watching that. Shitcardi looks absolutely destroyed there. I reckon that moment put ten years on him.
Don't you think it looks a bit 'orchestrated'?
The way he holds his head for a split second, but then quickly gets up and just seems to carry on as normal..

Wouldn't most people who have sunk to their knees, holding the heads, stay like that for at least a few seconds whilst the trauma sinks in?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: April 20, 2019, 01:00:07 am »
The way he holds his head for a split second, but then quickly gets up and just seems to carry on as normal..

Wouldn't most people who have sunk to their knees, holding the heads, stay like that for at least a few seconds whilst the trauma sinks in?

This is definitely the most pointless conspiracy theory I've read this week, and I've been on bluemoon once or twice.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1922 on: April 20, 2019, 01:18:43 am »

Think you need to adjust your hat there mate.

There was also 2mins of injury time still to play.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1923 on: April 20, 2019, 01:38:04 am »

Looking at it another 50 or so times  :) I can see why you might come to that conclusion but, to me, he looks like a man that has just had every bit of life sucked out of him.
I think he very quickly realised that being on his knees is not the look he wants/needs to convey to his players at this absolutely critical time in their season, though, hence why he got back up pretty quickly. If that was in the last minute of a final, or the last game of the season, I think he may well have stayed down on the ground and let the trauma wash over him, as you suggest. At this point in their season, I think his players need him up and defiant, not slumped to his knees in despair. I think he was floored initially, but realised he needed to get up sharpish.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1924 on: April 20, 2019, 02:18:47 am »
I can't stop watching that. Shitcardi looks absolutely destroyed there. I reckon that moment put ten years on him.

Shitcardiola...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: April 20, 2019, 03:41:28 am »
Looking at it another 50 or so times  :) I can see why you might come to that conclusion but, to me, he looks like a man that has just had every bit of life sucked out of him.
I think he very quickly realised that being on his knees is not the look he wants/needs to convey to his players at this absolutely critical time in their season, though, hence why he got back up pretty quickly. If that was in the last minute of a final, or the last game of the season, I think he may well have stayed down on the ground and let the trauma wash over him, as you suggest. At this point in their season, I think his players need him up and defiant, not slumped to his knees in despair. I think he was floored initially, but realised he needed to get up sharpish.

That descriptor has strong parallels with sarri's Cup final flounce where there was a door, that he almost went through. If he had, he was pretty much done. You cannot see how he could recover any dignity. There's a steward guarding the enterance who automatically opens the door, which in the moment was so seductive but I suspect he knew and just pulled away from doing it.

I love the symbology of the hand in the background...  It represents death.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:39:36 pm by Johns_Barn »

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: April 20, 2019, 04:00:39 am »

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #1927 on: April 20, 2019, 06:37:17 am »
Ok, now the dust has settled a bit.. is it worth watching the whole City-Spurs CL game if I've so far only seen the highlights?

Was it really that good a game of purist footy, or just a bit ping-pong and mental? (outside of the drama of 7 goals going in and the VAR)
A lot of people are saying it was the best game ever etc. etc.
Thought that was reserved for our 90s games against Newcastle :D

(I watched our game on the night)

Since you're a neutral I'd say not really worth watching the entire thing. Extended highlights would be worth a watch, but it was just a mental game, not a game of pure football brilliance by both sides or something, although De Bruyne was on another level.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1928 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:47 am »
Yeah, I agree with your description.

And as someone said above, there was still 2 mins to play so he couldn't wallow down there.

Also, I think when he does look up suddenly to the side at the end he is looking towards the 4th official or linesman, so his 'act' might have also been to get that official's attention.

I think my choice of the word 'orchestrated' confused a few people. By that I meant he himself was putting on a bit of a show, not that he was being orchestrated by someone else via ear plug hahaha

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1929 on: April 20, 2019, 07:43:13 am »

What a coincidence that he adopts the same position he will when asking his boss for more money. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: April 20, 2019, 08:50:51 pm »

I think also that you will find that if you stay down for too long with your head down the hood of that cardigan comes into play and begins to itch like fuck on the back of your head, especially if you're a baldy.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #1931 on: April 20, 2019, 08:57:48 pm »
Why is his head so much yellower than his hands?

Because he’s a fuckin lemon.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!