Author Topic: anyone into 80/90's TV..........  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
anyone into 80/90's TV..........
« on: January 5, 2013, 07:31:50 am »
CITV 621 on Sky, have some crackers on today..............
« Last Edit: January 5, 2013, 07:34:23 am by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: anyone into 80/90's TV..........
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2013, 03:19:25 pm »
I believe DAVE is into old TV.  :wave

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 01:59:02 pm »
Rememeber the brilliant show on BBC2 that ran during the very early 80's called 'The Great Egg Race'

The show featured teams creating Heath Robinson-esque mechanical creations in an attempt to solve a problem set at the start of the show. The series obtained its name from the initial challenge of making a device capable of transporting an egg in a rubber-band powered vehicle the furthest possible distance without breaking it. (taken from Wiki)

Just leaned that show host Professor Heinz Wolff has died at a ripe old age of 89

This was a fascinating show and we watched it as a family way back.

RIP Heinz

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »
Domesday Detectives - now that was a great programme.

With that Scottish bloke who all my sisters loved.
Continually on 11,420.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 04:21:46 pm »
Rememeber the brilliant show on BBC2 that ran during the very early 80's called 'The Great Egg Race'

The show featured teams creating Heath Robinson-esque mechanical creations in an attempt to solve a problem set at the start of the show. The series obtained its name from the initial challenge of making a device capable of transporting an egg in a rubber-band powered vehicle the furthest possible distance without breaking it. (taken from Wiki)

Just leaned that show host Professor Heinz Wolff has died at a ripe old age of 89

This was a fascinating show and we watched it as a family way back.

RIP Heinz

I loved that programme. Sad to hear Professor Wolff has died.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 07:46:20 am »
been watching repeats of Knight Rider on Forces TV. They've also got Airwolf and Streethawk
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 08:27:47 am »
MacGyver ('85-'92) became one of my favourite shows after going through the box set a few years back. I didn't like it as a kid, probably because it wasn't the A-Team (think it took over the slot on ITV). Quantum Leap ('89-'93) is generally a quality show too. I did like that back in the day due to learning about history and watching it years later it still holds up.

What innocent times we used to live in, where simple stories about a good man* driven to help people and fix problems were considered entertainment.

* The fact it was almost always a white man, or group of men, is something I'm glad we've improved upon though.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 09:29:53 pm »
Love watching Bullseye.  How Jim kept his face straight when he was announcing a canteen of cutlery as a prize for the bull I'll never know.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 07:08:40 pm »
Baywatch stands the test of time. 👀

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 10:16:49 am »
Was just thinking about The Young Ones a few minutes ago then saw this thread. Genius, ground-breaking stuff.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 10:43:18 am »
Was just thinking about The Young Ones a few minutes ago then saw this thread. Genius, ground-breaking stuff.

12 episodes of bedlam by a bunch of young lads who went onto shape comedy for a generation.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 03:08:43 pm »

Brilliant stuff. Bottom was quality too.
Jurgen YNWA