Author Topic: £1 BILLION starting XI (Well, near as damn!)  (Read 969 times)

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
£1 BILLION starting XI (Well, near as damn!)
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:05:25 pm »
It's not often I'm lost for words, either written or spoken, but even I find myself struggling to adequately express how I feel when I look at the possible £1 billion line-up below. I appreciate I've taken a couple of liberties, in that the Mbappe deal hasn't been confirmed, and that the Dembélé deal does involve add-ons.

But the point is: I'm of an era when the world's most expensive players were being bought and sold for what wouldn't even be a week's wage for today's best players. It just doesn't make any sense to me, at all, and I can't help but feel that the current transfer market is a bubble just waiting to burst and take someone's fucking head off.

Neymar £198m
Mbappe £166m
Dembélé £135.5m
Pogba £89m
Bale £85m
Ronaldo £80m
Mendy £52m
Walker £50m
Luiz £50m
Stones £47.5m
Buffon £33m

Total £986m

Anyway, how would you play them? And would they win this season's Champions League?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:15:08 pm by Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér »
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: £1 BILLION football team (Well, near as damn!)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
That XI is unworkable due to the lack of a CM alongside Pogba. Granted you could put Bale in there but I'm not so sure he'd be comfortable at all. Dembélé knows how to dribble but how is he in defence? Perhaps a blast from the past to Kaká or Zidane would be better there?
Linudden.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Re: £1 BILLION starting XI (Well, near as damn!)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »
That XI is unworkable due to the lack of a CM alongside Pogba. Granted you could put Bale in there but I'm not so sure he'd be comfortable at all. Dembélé knows how to dribble but how is he in defence? Perhaps a blast from the past to Kaká or Zidane would be better there?

Simples, stick Keita in there  ;)
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!