Author Topic: Liverpool 3 v Arsenal 3 (Firmino x2, Allen - Ramsey, Giroud x2)- PL 13/1/16  (Read 86348 times)

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 3 v Arsenal 3 (Firmino x2, Allen - Ramsey, Giroud x2)- PL 13/1/16
« Reply #1200 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:35 pm »

Really enjoyed the match and can't believe it went so quick. The fact we kept going until the end and didn't give up was a real positive and loved Klopps goal celebration on that last goal. Even though we didn't win I thought it was an brilliant game from start to finish and it was a great advert for the premier league.

I loved it. I'm not endorsing what happened at the back but if we can keep up that sort  of thrill and passion every week we are in for another ride.

(Note to self MUST NOT EVER TURN UP TO MATCH 10 MINUTES LATE EVER AGAIN)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1201 on: January 14, 2016, 06:14:53 pm »
Ibe made the right decision to put it straight across the goalmouth. There were half a dozen defenders between Ibe and Benteke. No way could he have got the ball to him.
Agreed, Ibe the ball in one of the most dangerous areas to defend. Nothing worse as a defender than trying to cut out a ball along the ground in your own 6 yard box when you are running back towards your own goal.

That moment reminded me of Klopp talking earlier in the season and saying when the ball comes into the box we always need to have someone running at the first post and someone at the second. Often we have one or the other or neither. If Benteke is running at the near post there, the defence ends up dividing their attention between him and the ball itself which often results in own goals or the ball being missed all together and being put in on the back post.

Walcott put in a similar ball from the exact same area of the pitch in the first half and Arsenal had Ramsey running near post, Giroud far post (who missed the easiest chance to score of the game). Mignolet cannot just focus on cutting out the cross because Ramsey´s run near post would give him (another) near post tapin if Mignolet tries to position himself between the ball and Giroud. Cech could dash off his line and intercept though because we had nobody running the near post.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: January 14, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
A bit unfair to criticise players after a game like yesterday's, both teams gave everything and it was another classic liverpool arsenal game. The fixture doesn't have the same nastiness as when either team faces United or Chelsea which makes for a great football match.
Going forward though, I think if Liverpool get a top keeper, a leader at  the back and Sturridge fit you'll challenge for the title next season.

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1203 on: January 14, 2016, 06:37:23 pm »

Loved the game last night

Cant be doing with all the intricate examination of every little detail of play that goes on in these threads

Wouldn't mind so much but those who moan and post negative shite about "insert name of latest scapegoat in here...." never, and I mean NEVER have anything positive to say about anything at all.  Does my head in.

They can't see the wood for the trees :)

Before the match: depressing games against crap sides, decimated by injury and inexperience we had a hopeless defence and a misfiring attack - exemplified by Firmino. Fractured team spirit unable to lift themselves if scored against, fans off at 80. Up against well-polished supposed genuine title contenders.

After the match: Firmino man of the match - well take your pick. Can clearly aiming to be world class for one. Scoring equaliser in the dying minutes after twice having our lead pegged back. Still a shambolic defence, but hey even that couldn't stop us - the team, the manager, the fans. Title contenders broken, a thrilling game worth way more than the ticket and the pain of others that weren't.

What will we be like when we've fully fixed our defence and attack ? (just to be clear, Jurgen Klopp is our manager).

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: January 14, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »
Mignolet.... He's a second keeper isn't he?

I think he's better than what he is showing and a large part to play is the lack of confidence, but a first choice keeper has to have the confidence and leadership, and be able to brush off a mistake. Simon is constantly stuck in a rut and he can't get out of it. This potential new contract must surely have him in mind as a backup keeper, but it is now coming up to three years since he's been a player, and that is long enough to judge.

His problem is they decide to bring in a new keeper, and Ward proves himself, then it will surely be curtains for him. Quite frankly, he can't carry on like this and major questions should be asked of the goalkeeper coach John Achterberg too as our keepers are struggling to do even the most basic of things.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1205 on: January 14, 2016, 06:50:34 pm »
You know what i mean Chopper. Giroud took that goal well and maybe branding hims as one of the best in the world was a bit much. He's definitely a 'good' striker at least. Better that anything we have got fit at the moment in any case.

Anyhow when Giroud scored you may have missed it.  You were folding up that painting you got done earlier this week. You know the one? The one you were telling me about. It's you smiling with Jurgen's arm around your shoulder.
Did you see my picture?

I took it the game hoping Jurgen would sign it. Its a picture of me and him and he's got his arm over me as we stand at the Mr Whippy ice cream van as we wait for our 99'ers. I'm really happy.

I never got to meat him, I want to meat him so, so much I waited outside in the rain for him to come out and sign it, but they asked me to move. Apparently you're not allowed to stand outside of Anfield Road in your Y-fronts and sketchers. One day I'll meat him, one day.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
Liverpool 3 v Arsenal 3 (Firmino x2, Allen - Ramsey, Giroud x2)- PL 13/1/16
« Reply #1206 on: January 14, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »
Did you see my picture?

I took it the game hoping Jurgen would sign it. Its a picture of me and him and he's got his arm over me as we stand at the Mr Whippy ice cream van as we wait for our 99'ers. I'm really happy.

I never got to meat him, I want to meat him so, so much I waited outside in the rain for him to come out and sign it, but they asked me to move. Apparently you're not allowed to stand outside of Anfield Road in your Y-fronts and sketchers. One day I'll meat him, one day.....
Er you really really need to amend those Freudian misspellings ....[emoji1]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:05:30 pm by wordroam »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1207 on: January 14, 2016, 07:34:55 pm »
This is really what I don't understand.  Mignolet made two solid stops, one from Ramsey's chance, another from the lofted ball from Ozil in to the box with his superb punch - and all in all Arsenal should have banged another couple in without him getting involved.  It was the defence in front letting him down, perhaps the 2nd he could have done better for, but you don't expect to be done near post by a corner like that anyway - it always has to be the defender's job to win the first ball.

Yet the narrative in many newspapers, and even in the TAW, is all about Mignolet being at fault for the result, in isolation.  The scapegoat, the easy target.  The "we'd have won 3-0 without him in goal" embarassing posts.

Klopp is all about holding hands with the players, going and thanking the Kop for their support, and the same was true last night after the result.  It isn't always about the win but about the performance, and the team dug in and gave everything - snatching a point at the death, which was thoroughly deserved.  I'd say you can absolutely count the keeper amongst that bunch.

I keep hearing noises about being 'the best fans in the world' on this forum, but then pissing and moaning about the keeper - every game, the defence - every game, and the useless forwards - every game.  You have to get behind the players who wear the shirt and stop moaning that Suarez was better, or Stevie was better, or Alonso was better, or Benteke's no Fowler.  When Klopp was talking about "don’t take history in your backpack and carry it with you" this is exactly what he is on about.  Support the team on the field now, for all their faults, not lament they aren't better than they are - support them so enthusiastically that they play like men possessed every game, like they did last night.  If you keep ripping them to shreds, thousands of you, across social media, forums, down the pub, in the terraces - then it turns into a media narrative the players and managers hear about.  Don't be surprised if they don't give 100% in every game, in front of those 'best fans in the world', who think they should fuck off out of "their" club.

It's the popular narrative indeed. It's confirmation bias and there has been an ugly mob mentality formed against the poor guy.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #1208 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:10 pm »
I wonder why the ref didn't stop the game before the Ramsey goal. did he not see Giroud's and Sakho's heads clash?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1209 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:47 pm »
I wonder why the ref didn't stop the game before the Ramsey goal. did he not see Giroud's and Sakho's heads clash?

You know that's a great point and something I wondered about when they showed the replay. I mean Sakho is visibly distressed and rubbing his forehead, Giroud is prone on the ground and the ref just plays on.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »
can someone quote me the gif of the awful lallana movement in the box yesterday, when ibe crossed it pls
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: January 14, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »
You know that's a great point and something I wondered about when they showed the replay. I mean Sakho is visibly distressed and rubbing his forehead, Giroud is prone on the ground and the ref just plays on.

I think he should've stopped it.

Sakho was all over the shop just after the clash!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1212 on: January 14, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »
can someone quote me the gif of the awful lallana movement in the box yesterday, when ibe crossed it pls

Do you have an off button for your miserabilism?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:10 pm »
I'm sure I can find one if it carries on, Phil.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: January 14, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »
I'm sure I can find one if it carries on, Phil.

:thumbup
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #1215 on: January 14, 2016, 09:36:07 pm »

Maybe it is because Sakho continued playing. But still one player down.. ref has got to stop the game. ffs Giroud got stitches after that clash if I remember. Or was it another clash?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
Maybe it is because Sakho continued playing. But still one player down.. ref has got to stop the game. ffs Giroud got stitches after that clash if I remember. Or was it another clash?

Giroud required the wound to be glued close to stop the bleeding (probably stitches afterwards) Sakho had a huge mouse on his head!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1217 on: January 14, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »
You know what i mean Chopper. Giroud took that goal well and maybe branding hims as one of the best in the world was a bit much. He's definitely a 'good' striker at least. Better that anything we have got fit at the moment in any case.

Anyhow when Giroud scored you may have missed it.  You were folding up that painting you got done earlier this week. You know the one? The one you were telling me about. It's you smiling with Jurgen's arm around your shoulder.

He's consistently excellent especially at the scoring goals thing which strikers are kind of supposed to be there for (go and look at his npg per 90 over the seasons)
No idea why people don't rate him - especially Arsenal fans

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: January 14, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »
Giroud required the wound to be glued close to stop the bleeding (probably stitches afterwards) Sakho had a huge mouse on his head!

Imagine if one of them had a serious head injury that was discovered after the match, concussion or something, a lot of that would've been on the ref.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1219 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »

No it was that clash. A clear case of a head injury. Two, if the referee has the vision to see Sakho stumbling.

But hey, we are talking about Mike Jones guys and gals.

Anything out of the ordinary and he carries on as normal. Not a quick thinker.

Think Sunderland and a beach ball. Best ignore the beach ball and carry on. Goal. Back to centre circle.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:18 pm »

As soon as it happened I was wondering why the fuck Mama didn't go down. . The ref would definitely have stopped it then. He was clearly dazed by it and his own bravery has cost us and him there. I see he is getting a bit of stick for defending poorly there but he shouldn't be getting stick for that. He should have done anyway and I'm guessing (hoping) he is marked down on it by his peers.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1221 on: January 14, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »
Firmino's goals were brilliant. As was Joe Allen's. We need to improve defensively obviously, but the hunger and fight seems to be growing, which is a positive.

This is really what I don't understand.  Mignolet made two solid stops, one from Ramsey's chance, another from the lofted ball from Ozil in to the box with his superb punch - and all in all Arsenal should have banged another couple in without him getting involved.  It was the defence in front letting him down, perhaps the 2nd he could have done better for, but you don't expect to be done near post by a corner like that anyway - it always has to be the defender's job to win the first ball.

Yet the narrative in many newspapers, and even in the TAW, is all about Mignolet being at fault for the result, in isolation.  The scapegoat, the easy target.  The "we'd have won 3-0 without him in goal" embarassing posts.

Klopp is all about holding hands with the players, going and thanking the Kop for their support, and the same was true last night after the result.  It isn't always about the win but about the performance, and the team dug in and gave everything - snatching a point at the death, which was thoroughly deserved.  I'd say you can absolutely count the keeper amongst that bunch.

I keep hearing noises about being 'the best fans in the world' on this forum, but then pissing and moaning about the keeper - every game, the defence - every game, and the useless forwards - every game.  You have to get behind the players who wear the shirt and stop moaning that Suarez was better, or Stevie was better, or Alonso was better, or Benteke's no Fowler.  When Klopp was talking about "don’t take history in your backpack and carry it with you" this is exactly what he is on about.  Support the team on the field now, for all their faults, not lament they aren't better than they are - support them so enthusiastically that they play like men possessed every game, like they did last night.  If you keep ripping them to shreds, thousands of you, across social media, forums, down the pub, in the terraces - then it turns into a media narrative the players and managers hear about.  Don't be surprised if they don't give 100% in every game, in front of those 'best fans in the world', who think they should fuck off out of "their" club.

Well said.

Offline Iloveyoumamadou

• Main Stander
« Reply #1222 on: January 14, 2016, 10:28:09 pm »
Anyone notice how many one-two's we did in this game? Was a staple of Klopp's attacking play and our players are pulling them off more and more often.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: January 14, 2016, 10:33:20 pm »
Anyone notice how many one-two's we did in this game? Was a staple of Klopp's attacking play and our players are pulling them off more and more often.
Also the back heel. It has become a very regular & effective part of our play.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1224 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:18 pm »

I keep hearing noises about being 'the best fans in the world' on this forum, but then pissing and moaning about the keeper - every game, the defence - every game, and the useless forwards - every game.  You have to get behind the players who wear the shirt and stop moaning that Suarez was better, or Stevie was better, or Alonso was better, or Benteke's no Fowler.  When Klopp was talking about "don’t take history in your backpack and carry it with you" this is exactly what he is on about.  Support the team on the field now, for all their faults, not lament they aren't better than they are - support them so enthusiastically that they play like men possessed every game, like they did last night.
If you keep ripping them to shreds, thousands of you, across social media, forums, down the pub, in the terraces - then it turns into a media narrative the players and managers hear about.  Don't be surprised if they don't give 100% in every game, in front of those 'best fans in the world', who think they should fuck off out of "their" club.

Cracking post - you talk a lot of sense you do for a North London, cocktail sipping, cross-dressing, uber-ordering, tory-voting, hedge fund operating, union jack waving, monarchy loving, private healthcare using, tax dodging bastard.

Seriously - great post and two or three of you guys are consistently among the posters who make the most sense. Like Arsene tbf. You know yer onions.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1225 on: January 15, 2016, 02:29:59 am »
Migsy totally dummied that guy, little back-heel left him utterly stranded. and he punched one out right to half. Highly entertaining.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1226 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:00 am »
that game played out like it was on an xbox...

we are showing signs of being seriously good again now, and under a seriously good manager.  we have it in us to absolutely thump united on sunday, and that could be the springboard to a great run-in this season.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: January 15, 2016, 03:31:18 am »

Just more inconsistent terrible officiating, nothing new really.  I honestly don't know where they get these guys.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: January 15, 2016, 11:57:44 am »

Thank you for this post Ash. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It seems like almost every game I look back on thinking "If you swapped Mignolet's performance for 'x'..."

For example, the Stoke game, Jack Butland shanked a bunch of kicks, and I was thinking "If you swapped Mignolet's performance for Butland that game - people would be talking about how much we need to get rid of Mignolet and get someone like...Butland..."

Against Arsenal, Cech was arguably at fault for all three goals. YES, even the Firmino worldy...it wasn't hit with extreme pace, he had a good line of sight, plenty of time to shuffle his feet, and he dove with his wrong hand and ended up an inch away from it.

I swear to Aisha, if you swapped Cech and Mignolet's performances...people would be saying Mignolet should have saved all three goals...because you know what? Petr Cech could, and possibly should, have saved all three fucking goals. Definitely the last one, probably the second, and maybe the first.

The confirmation bias, particularly with regards to Mignolet, is fucking rife around these parts.

Oh, and any fans that give ironic cheers or boos to ANY of our players during a match can do one.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1229 on: January 15, 2016, 01:01:24 pm »
Agreed, Ibe the ball in one of the most dangerous areas to defend. Nothing worse as a defender than trying to cut out a ball along the ground in your own 6 yard box when you are running back towards your own goal.

That moment reminded me of Klopp talking earlier in the season and saying when the ball comes into the box we always need to have someone running at the first post and someone at the second. Often we have one or the other or neither. If Benteke is running at the near post there, the defence ends up dividing their attention between him and the ball itself which often results in own goals or the ball being missed all together and being put in on the back post.

Walcott put in a similar ball from the exact same area of the pitch in the first half and Arsenal had Ramsey running near post, Giroud far post (who missed the easiest chance to score of the game). Mignolet cannot just focus on cutting out the cross because Ramsey´s run near post would give him (another) near post tapin if Mignolet tries to position himself between the ball and Giroud. Cech could dash off his line and intercept though because we had nobody running the near post.

And I think this is something we'll learn as Klopp gets more time with us. Someone earlier in the thread was criticising Ibe for being all huff with no end product.
For me, Klopp shows them the replay, next time Ibe makes the same run, when he gets to the bye line now either...

a) He has time to get his head up and see where the best place is to put the ball. Against good defending this won't happen
b) He plays the exact same ball, but this time there are players attacking the front and back sticks (in the Arsenal game, maybe they knew they should be but were too knackered, this was in the last 15mins).
c) He plays the ball to towards the space that Benteke is preparing to attack. That area just behind the penalty spot where Benteke knows he can do the most damage.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1230 on: January 15, 2016, 01:06:36 pm »

He also missed an open goal sitter though...

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1231 on: January 15, 2016, 02:09:52 pm »
And I think this is something we'll learn as Klopp gets more time with us. Someone earlier in the thread was criticising Ibe for being all huff with no end product.
For me, Klopp shows them the replay, next time Ibe makes the same run, when he gets to the bye line now either...

a) He has time to get his head up and see where the best place is to put the ball. Against good defending this won't happen
b) He plays the exact same ball, but this time there are players attacking the front and back sticks (in the Arsenal game, maybe they knew they should be but were too knackered, this was in the last 15mins).
c) He plays the ball to towards the space that Benteke is preparing to attack. That area just behind the penalty spot where Benteke knows he can do the most damage.

I noticed that if you look at a lot of goals scored in such a fashion, the player very rarely looks up. It´s a pattern of play that when he beats the full back to the byline he will just aim for a dangerous area and the players know they just have to attack it. Often there is no time to look up as you are trying to make a bit of space to get the ball past the full back. Making that space and then looking up can mean the moment is gone to cross and it will be blocked.

My concern is that we aren´t attacking the box how Klopp wants us too. The good thing is that will come either through learning or replacing. He won´t persist with forwards who don´t move intelligently thus negating any good play to create potentially dangerous chances.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: January 15, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »

You've got to ask, why didn't Sakho just go down and hold his head on the floor. Sometimes our players are too honest.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »
You've got to ask, why didn't Sakho just go down and hold his head on the floor. Sometimes our players are too honest.

Well because 1) he was disorientated and 2) he was aware enough to try see the danger coming down the line and being Sakho tried to stop it.

1 player down with a head injury should be enough for the ref to stop the play no?

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2016, 02:21:46 pm »
yes, its called Liverpool winning.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
Well because 1) he was disorientated and 2) he was aware enough to try see the danger coming down the line and being Sakho tried to stop it.

1 player down with a head injury should be enough for the ref to stop the play no?

You would have thought so - I thought if a player had a head injury its automatic stop? And it wasn't as if Giroud was like Sakho, he was down on the floor holding his noggin! And what with all the concussion stuff going around too....

Damn Sakho for being honest!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: January 15, 2016, 03:19:00 pm »
yes, its called Liverpool winning.

You sure?

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: January 15, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
You would have thought so - I thought if a player had a head injury its automatic stop? And it wasn't as if Giroud was like Sakho, he was down on the floor holding his noggin! And what with all the concussion stuff going around too....

Damn Sakho for being honest!
It was probably more instinct than anything else. Defenders don't have the luxury of being able to stay down after a challenge like attackers do.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1238 on: January 15, 2016, 04:53:01 pm »
Round Table thread.

Next Match Preview thread.

:wave