Author Topic: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.  (Read 1256473 times)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: JM6 - Biggest club in the world - everyone wants to play for 'em.
« Reply #16040 on: June 13, 2017, 01:54:25 pm »
"Racial" factor?  :o
That's not what I meant at all. Some LFC fans thought Can only plays because he speaks German and we have a German boss. It's the same with Real Madrid fans and Zidane-Benzema. They are rumours for a reason, after all. If you look at the numbers seperating Benzema and Morata, you get why they think there must be something else why Morata doesn't get picked more often.

Benzema: 16 goals, 7 assists in 35 starts in La Liga and Champions League (7 sub appearances). Minutes played in total: 2867.
Morata: 18 goals, 6 assists in 15 starts in La Liga and Champions League (20 sub appearances). Minutes played in total: 1496.

Back to why we talk about that: Morata is certainly no Borini 2.0, he is absolute quality.

Thing is mate, given how Real have performed since Zidane took over, you can't really suggest that Zidane's decision making is based on anything other than what's best for the team. Suggesting he's making decisions on who plays based on whether they, like him, are French Algerian or not is pretty poor in my opinion.

Re: their respective goals/apps rate, you've got to judge a player on how much better the team is with or without him in it. Individual goals/apps don't necessarily reflect that. Maybe the team as a whole score a lot more with Benzema than Morata? That's the important thing. And by picking Benzema ahead of Morata, Real have had their most successful season in around 60 years. To have achieved that it can't be questioned that Zidane made the right team selections.

Oh, and re: Klopp/Can - Can hasn't been in Klopps 1st XI when everyone's available, so the situations can't be compared - Klopp clearly isn't playing Can because they're both German.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:56:54 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #16041 on: June 13, 2017, 03:04:48 pm »
Thing is mate, given how Real have performed since Zidane took over, you can't really suggest that Zidane's decision making is based on anything other than what's best for the team. Suggesting he's making decisions on who plays based on whether they, like him, are French Algerian or not is pretty poor in my opinion.

Re: their respective goals/apps rate, you've got to judge a player on how much better the team is with or without him in it. Individual goals/apps don't necessarily reflect that. Maybe the team as a whole score a lot more with Benzema than Morata? That's the important thing. And by picking Benzema ahead of Morata, Real have had their most successful season in around 60 years. To have achieved that it can't be questioned that Zidane made the right team selections.

Oh, and re: Klopp/Can - Can hasn't been in Klopps 1st XI when everyone's available, so the situations can't be compared - Klopp clearly isn't playing Can because they're both German.

I'm also not suggesting it, Real Madrid fans, who see their team week in week out, are saying this. I am also not judging Zidane at all, I am barely saying what kind of criticism Real Madrid fans have about the handling of Morata - and that they think he should have played way more. You think I am knocking Zidane, but I am just saying what Real Madrid fans are saying about Morata and Zidane's handling of him.

Yeah, it was an example. I'm quite sure I read such an opinion some time in January about Klopp's handling of Can.

The point is: Morata is quality.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16042 on: June 13, 2017, 03:15:50 pm »
I'm also not suggesting it, Real Madrid fans, who see their team week in week out, are saying this. I am also not judging Zidane at all, I am barely saying what kind of criticism Real Madrid fans have about the handling of Morata - and that they think he should have played way more. You think I am knocking Zidane, but I am just saying what Real Madrid fans are saying about Morata and Zidane's handling of him.

Yeah, it was an example. I'm quite sure I read such an opinion some time in January about Klopp's handling of Can.

The point is: Morata is quality.

The Madrid fans really give the mancs a run for their money as most spoilt and entitled in the world.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #16043 on: June 13, 2017, 03:22:01 pm »
The Madrid fans really give the mancs a run for their money as most spoilt and entitled in the world.

They even whistle out Ronaldo sometimes. 406 goals for the club, won three Champions Leagues for the club, won two La Ligas for the club, won 4 times the Ballon d'Or, simply one of the all-time greats. And they whistle him.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16044 on: June 13, 2017, 03:29:53 pm »
They even whistle out Ronaldo sometimes. 406 goals for the club, won three Champions Leagues for the club, won two La Ligas for the club, won 4 times the Ballon d'Or, simply one of the all-time greats. And they whistle him.

They were unsure about a manager who is a club legend (certainly the best player I've seen in my lifetime, personal opinion of course) and probably have got rid if they'd been pipped to the title, and beaten by a very good Juventus side in the final.

Most clubs would worship a former legend manager like him .... not so with them.

Funny bunch.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #16045 on: June 13, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »

I think real Madrid fans are the worst - they booed Bale when he was having a poor game a couple of months after they'd won their 10th European cup - in which Bale scored for them and worked his balls off. I can't imagine fans of any other club doing this - not Utd, not even chelsea

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16046 on: June 13, 2017, 03:52:06 pm »
He's speculating that the reason Zidane picks Benzema over Morata is because Zidane and Benzema are both French-Algerians!

Again, nothing to do with 'race.'  No different to Klopp favouring German players or Rafa buying spaniards. It's to do with comunicating your ideas.  And French-Algerian is not a 'race.'

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16047 on: June 13, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »
Again, nothing to do with 'race.'  No different to Klopp favouring German players or Rafa buying spaniards. It's to do with comunicating your ideas.  And French-Algerian is not a 'race.'

Exactly, it's not like Benzema is some Fellehni level donkey.

Higuain was also left out for Benzema and had to move on. It happens when you play 1 striker, yet have multiple superstars for the spot.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16048 on: June 13, 2017, 04:17:14 pm »

Think you're confusing two different things here. Klopp/Rafa will obviously buy more from the German/Spanish market as they have experience in that market and therefore have better knowledge, networks & connections.

That's different from Klopp having at his disposal at Liverpool an inferior German player and a superior non-German player in the same position, and picking the inferior player over the superior player because he's German. Klopp's never done that as far as I'm aware (Can actually seemed to be behind non-German Henderson in the pecking order). I don't recall Rafa ever doing that either - every Spanish player he played was clearly superior to the non-Spanish alternative at the club. However, that's what was being insinuated about Zidane - that he was picking a supposedly inferior player (Benzema) over a supposedly superior player (Morata) because Benzema is French Algerian.

I'm just calling bullshit on that, you know, what with Zidane's decisions leading to the most successful club in the history of world football having their most successful season in 60 years. Prob fair to say Zidane was making decisions based on what's best for the team rather than giving preferential treatment to French Algerian players who didn't deserve it.

BTW - this isn't a dig at Petadroli, it's a dig at any of the ridiculous Madrid fans who think that.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16049 on: June 13, 2017, 04:48:49 pm »

To be honest, Ronaldo is obnoxious. I can understand why Real Madrid fans are whistling him.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16050 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:33 pm »
To be honest, Ronaldo is obnoxious. I can understand why Real Madrid fans are whistling him.
Just no.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16051 on: June 13, 2017, 05:51:07 pm »
I'm not really that sold on Morata and i'm open to be informed by those who think otherwise. I have seen him play since he was newly promoted at Real Madrid. Even his best career years (@Juve) have poor goal records. He has good movement and decent strength but his assist numbers were not good either. People keep bragging about his years at Juve but even at that age, Carlos Tevez was a bigger hit. They won the league every year since he left and arguably got better in the CL. It seems like playing even Mandzukic at this age is not making Juve fans miss Morata that much. I think Belotti, Lukaku could've been deadly for them. They were missing goals, needed a finisher not him. Also, i don't think he is Mourinho's ideal type of forward who has physical presence like Drogba, Costa, Ibrahimovic.

Offline Kap-tin-Kool-Aid Solja of JoMo's

• Manc shitcoat idolatry. Has definitely been at the engine oil again.
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #16052 on: June 13, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »
                            De Gea
Valencia     Bailly      Lindelof      Shaw
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
Mkhitaryan                               Martial
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #16053 on: June 13, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »

De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.
Yup.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16054 on: June 13, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

Yep, manager's favourite is Martial. Nice there's room for Herrera though. The rest are too bland to really dislike so nice to have a real snide c*nt in there too.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16055 on: June 13, 2017, 08:08:54 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.
Might be if your manager didn't have them playing in his famous 6-3-1 formation. Shaw  ;D

Never heard of Fabinho: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-fabinho-13178253

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16056 on: June 13, 2017, 08:11:27 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

What an utter bag of shit.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16057 on: June 13, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16058 on: June 13, 2017, 08:40:52 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

You've forget Felleeyneh

Bailly is a crock, De Gea will be in Madrid, the manager hates Shaw and Martial and I don't know who Fabinho is.

Quaking !

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #16059 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:13 pm »
You've forget Felleeyneh

Bailly is a crock, De Gea will be in Madrid, the manager hates Shaw and Martial and I don't know who Fabinho is.

Quaking !
He's a dm for Monaco...decent like.....but....they've already said they're not interested in him. ;D

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #16060 on: June 13, 2017, 10:21:20 pm »
Is it just me or does Morata just seem like a Borini 2.0? Lots of running, getting in scoring positions but not clinical at all?

:mindblown

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16061 on: June 13, 2017, 11:04:29 pm »
more higher quality version with the potential to be very good. Not worth £50m plus, belotti on the other hand
Funnily enough, based on my research, Morata and Belotti are the same caliber players. Belotti seems to be more of a scorer, whereas Morata has a better all around game. Strictly speaking though, neither is world class.

Above is based on the reports. I watched some of Belotti the other day for Italy, and he was really, really poor. Even if I assume it was an off day, no way a player like him ever should be 100m.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16062 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:50 pm »
I'm not really that sold on Morata and i'm open to be informed by those who think otherwise. I have seen him play since he was newly promoted at Real Madrid. Even his best career years (@Juve) have poor goal records. He has good movement and decent strength but his assist numbers were not good either. People keep bragging about his years at Juve but even at that age, Carlos Tevez was a bigger hit. They won the league every year since he left and arguably got better in the CL. It seems like playing even Mandzukic at this age is not making Juve fans miss Morata that much. I think Belotti, Lukaku could've been deadly for them. They were missing goals, needed a finisher not him. Also, i don't think he is Mourinho's ideal type of forward who has physical presence like Drogba, Costa, Ibrahimovic.
I agree with you on Morata, that indeed, he just doesn't seem a world class talent. He is a decent player alright, but he is just not there.

With the rest, I disagree though. That Mandzukic plays for Juve and they don't miss Morata, how much of it is actually one player being more suited to Juve tactics? How much of it is because Juve knew that Madrid would take Morata back if he kept playing and doing well? Italian clubs do this all the time with players who they might lose. Juve of course were happy to keep Morata, they offered 30-40m to Madrid in addition to whatever they paid initially for Morata. You don't do that for a bench player who you think is worse than a 31-year old workhorse in Mandzukic. You gotta learn to read between the lines. Mandziukic is a player who will barely command a 15-20m fee these days, and he was playing ahead of Morata for other factors than quality, IMO. Let's remind ourselves that Mandzukic couldn't cut it at Atletico even when he essentially had no competition for his (striker's) position. I thought he'd be perfect for Atletico, but he really disappointed. Simeone, on the other hand, would love to get Morata these days.

I also disagree that Lukaku and Belotti are so much better than Morata. These are all about the same caliber, give or take. Lukaku, you may argue, is settled in Premier League, but he is massively overrated. Watched him for Everton loads of times, and he just isn't worth 100m (neither is Morata worth 73m). If ManU wanted proven quality, Griezman was their option.

In conclusion, even if ManU bought all of Belotti, Lukaku, Morata, Perisic etc., I just don't see a single world class talent in there. They would improve, of course, just cannot see them becoming a top team.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:13:33 pm by Xxavi »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16063 on: June 14, 2017, 10:21:39 am »
Looks like Morata, Perisic and Lindelof for approx. £130m good signings, but not exactly scaring me shitless here. In fact they won't whilst Mourinho in charge, they will play the most boring football in the league again next year.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16064 on: June 14, 2017, 11:06:41 am »
Looks like Morata, Perisic and Lindelof for approx. £130m good signings, but not exactly scaring me shitless here. In fact they won't whilst Mourinho in charge, they will play the most boring football in the league again next year.

Mourinho's teams don't count on being particularly flashy....they compete based upon making few mistakes and giving the opposition little opportunity. I see his signings are ones who will be consistent and well, they fit that category for me. They are not going to rip up any trees but they are going to be fucking shit to play against with their two double decker buses infront of what is likely the best goalkeeper (if they keep him) in the league.

The authentic Mancs must be fucking mortified by watching that turgid shite. I think the European Cup has shown in recent years you need more than steel to win it (ala Inter when he was there a few years ago) Juve got trounced in the final.

He's almost a dinosaur these days, all be it one who can grind out enough wins to win a few trophies, i'd be very surprised if he was in contention for another European Cup anytime soon, he's no Sacchi.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #16065 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:11 am »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

It really isn't. Pogba has been mostly stinking the place out since he signed, and Martial/Shaw are not fancied by Mourinho. Not sure Mkhitaryan is either, since he's barely played him in the league. Fabinho might be fancied by Mourinho, but since he isn't even your player, it's pretty irrelevant.

You also need to take into account the shite, grinding style of football that Mourinho's teams play. Nothing beautiful or joyful about it. Klopp would undoubtedly get some joy out of the likes of Martial, Morata and Mkhitaryan. Shame you ain't got him!

I'd love to see Bailly in our system, where he'd be isolated a lot. I suspect he'd struggle mightily, based on what I've seen of him. He looks alright in Mourinho's ultra-cautious style, but even Daley Blind and Marcos Rojo have looked capable in that system. Hard to gauge the true level of a centre back in a team that sets up that way.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16066 on: June 14, 2017, 11:31:51 am »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

Be afraid, be very afraid.  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #16068 on: June 14, 2017, 12:19:22 pm »
They really love coming on here to try to persuade us of how great they are, don't they? Inferiority complex in full swing. Desperate for our approval. They say there's two certainties in life, death and taxes. I'd say there's 3: Death, taxes, and Man Utd fans coming onto RAWK every summer to boast about their new signings.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16069 on: June 14, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16070 on: June 14, 2017, 01:10:47 pm »

Greizmann, Lukaku and Bale they are not

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.
« Reply #16071 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »
                            De Gea
                           Fabinho
                Herrera        Pogba
                            Morata

Thing of beauty.

That really isn't.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16072 on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:35 pm »
That really isn't.

Good to see the fans are already sold on Lindelof.

Bet 90% have never watched the lad play.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16073 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »
Greizmann, Lukaku and Bale they are not

He was the guy I really hoped they wouldn't get. And they haven't.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16074 on: June 14, 2017, 02:15:18 pm »
He was the guy I really hoped they wouldn't get. And they haven't.

.... which is nice

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #16075 on: June 14, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »
This one's run it's course. A fresh thread for the coming season will be with us shortly :wave