Author Topic: James Pearce(Echo) on the transfer committee  (Read 150974 times)

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
Re: James Pearce(Echo) on the transfer committee
« Reply #1200 on: December 16, 2014, 10:53:47 am »
This is what happens when you let absent owners and baseball loving yanks who have no affinity to your club or love of football run your club. Thanks John Henry for making my beloved club a shambolic amateurish mess run by a bunch inept fools. FSG OUT and the sooner the better, muppets!

Never seen a more appropriate custom title than yours.

Ever seen Roman Abramovich the farking top geezer down the boozer with the Head-Hunters or Sheikh Mansour in The Hacienda?

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #1201 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:36 am »
I can't think of any other logical reason for having Brad Jones as your starting keeper over Mignolet.

Let me answer your question with a question.....

Would you rather a punch in the face or a kick in the balls?

BR is faced with that quandary every time he puts his team sheet in.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:42 am »
Agreed.

The only question of him I was trying to ask is I don't see Bony being a strong willed character which we are missing atm. The team can't even pass well. He would need some decent service at least which before Sunday, we had no clue of how to do so this season.

that solves it

sign ashley young....he loves a good throughball to sterling
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline WillyWonka

• Has no real issue with losing games actually. Could be Veruca Salt but don't tell the Squirrels
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1203 on: December 16, 2014, 10:57:38 am »
Let me answer your question with a question.....

Would you rather a punch in the face or a kick in the balls?

BR is faced with that quandary every time he puts his team sheet in.

No he's not. He's faced with a punch in the face vs getting decapitated. I'd take the punch in the face, I think everyone(baring Rodgers would).

Offline WillyWonka

• Has no real issue with losing games actually. Could be Veruca Salt but don't tell the Squirrels
  • Kopite
« Reply #1204 on: December 16, 2014, 10:58:25 am »
Have you not read the first post of this topic? If you haven't I suggest you do.

What have I missed?

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #1205 on: December 16, 2014, 11:01:02 am »
I'm sure you were saying that 6 months ago.
No I wasn't I was blinded by the mesmerising form of Suarez and Sturridge papering over all our Achilles heels with their goal scoring exploits like every other fan. Last season was the perfect storm for Rodgers now with no SAS he's been found wanting in every single department, sick of excuses. The whole club needs a total enema to wash away the shit for good.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:06 am »
The point is we didn't fucking choose him did we? Looking at the people running the club. Can you honestly tell me hand on your heart that they would make the right decision on the next manager, if they sack Brendan?

no chance.

the advisor will simply pick flavour of the month in the pl....which quite scarily could be fat sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1207 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:10 am »
Never said I wanted him managing at the club. I simply said we'd be higher up the table if he was our manager.
I very much doubt that. He did well, getting Palace out from the relegation mire, but let's not get carried away. He managed well for a number of years and got nothing for it.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: December 16, 2014, 11:03:04 am »
This is what happens when you let absent owners and baseball loving yanks who have no affinity or love of football run your club. Thanks John Henry for making my beloved club a shambolic amateurish mess run by a bunch inept fools. FSG OUT and the sooner the better, muppets!

And with that, this thread has fully entered the Twilight Zone, Delusional section.

I would be intrigued as to your idea of who exactly is going to buy the club from them, or perhaps you think it's best if they just shut everything down and sold the land for grazing. You know, like what would have happened if they had not bought us from the imminently bankrupt H&G.

But don't bother.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1209 on: December 16, 2014, 11:03:25 am »
Yeah, I agree with you on that count. But similarly we can't keep giving money to the people who have spent it thus far. Inaction with the wrong people in charge will be just as damaging. I'm not against Rodgers, obviously he coached us very well last season; but i have doubts as to his ability to build a team.

We just have to be very careful. Unless the people running the club all of a sudden start knowing what they're doing, I don't trust them to make the right managerial decision if they sack Brendan.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1210 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:15 am »
What have I missed?
Every damn thing! Or listen to the audio, that might help you understand why Rodgers hasn't had much of a choice with most of his signings.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1211 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:23 am »

Never said I wanted him managing at the club. I simply said we'd be higher up the table if he was our manager.

Would we really? That's very doubtful

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #1212 on: December 16, 2014, 11:05:05 am »
And with that, this thread has fully entered the Twilight Zone, Delusional section.

I would be intrigued as to your idea of who exactly is going to buy the club from them, or perhaps you think it's best if they just shut everything down and sold the land for grazing. You know, like what would have happened if they had not bought us from the imminently bankrupt H&G.

But don't bother.

You need a local business man, someone who understands the people/supporters/city.

Like Bill Kenwright or Peter Johnson.....

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: December 16, 2014, 11:05:06 am »
We just have to be very careful. Unless the people running the club all of a sudden start knowing what they're doing, I don't trust them to make the right managerial decision if they sack Brendan.
Yep, you wouldn't know who we could end up with.
Quite happy to stick with Rodgers personally.

Offline RayO'Biscan

• Who controls the past, controls the future.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass 'n' Move!
« Reply #1214 on: December 16, 2014, 11:06:29 am »

That is a very good point.

Offline WillyWonka

• Kopite
« Reply #1215 on: December 16, 2014, 11:06:54 am »
Every damn thing! Or listen to the audio, that might help you understand why Rodgers hasn't had much of a choice with most of his signings.

I never said he did have a choice. I said why sign more players so he can leave them on the bench. Unless the option is to let him sign who he wants, but that's not the clubs structure and Rodgers certainly hasn't shown anything in his career to show he should have that kind of control.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:20 am »
You need a local business man, someone who understands the people/supporters/city.

Like Bill Kenwright or Peter Johnson.....

Where's the redshite purchase money, Bill?

;D
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: December 16, 2014, 11:08:20 am »
Is this a manager speculation thread?

No it isn't. Pack it in.

Locked for a bit so that can sink in
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770