Author Topic: Expectations for 2014/15 Season  (Read 96663 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Expectations for 2014/15 Season
« Reply #800 on: May 29, 2015, 06:53:19 pm »
Is there a particular reason that our club would actually consider Ancelotti? I can't see how he fits.

Yeah the last thing we need is an accomplished manager with multiple major European honours under his belt.

After his break for health reasons he'll most likely end up back in Italy.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: May 29, 2015, 07:30:20 pm »
Paul Joyce of the Express reliable?, he's just said we had a bid turned down for Clyne, expects us to go back with a better offer.

transfer forum is open now mate
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: May 29, 2015, 07:43:23 pm »
Yeah the last thing we need is an accomplished manager with multiple major European honours under his belt.

After his break for health reasons he'll most likely end up back in Italy.

Sarcasm wins you nothing.

Are we looking for an old guy on a massive salary whose speciality is coaching megastars and who tends to get sacked after his second or third season? It would be a very strange choice for our owners.

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #803 on: May 29, 2015, 08:00:23 pm »
I believe Jurgen Klopp has changed his mind, would Rodgers work with him as a DoF??
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #804 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:17 pm »
I believe Jurgen Klopp has changed his mind, would Rodgers work with him as a DoF??

Confused. Would Rodgers work with Klopp as his DoF? Are you asking if we get Klopp in to be Liverpools DoF?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: May 29, 2015, 08:16:22 pm »
Are we looking for an old guy on a massive salary whose speciality is coaching megastars and who tends to get sacked after his second or third season? It would be a very strange choice for our owners.

Old? He's 55, 3 years older than Mourinho, same age as Rafa. 

He's ruled himself out for a season to get his personal health matters attended to so it's not something that will concern our owners this summer.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #806 on: May 29, 2015, 08:21:08 pm »

I cannot imagine in any world that Klopp would not want to be down with the players and fans
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:59 pm »

why would Klopp work as a DoF?  silly idea
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: May 29, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »
Old? He's 55, 3 years older than Mourinho, same age as Rafa. 

He's ruled himself out for a season to get his personal health matters attended to so it's not something that will concern our owners this summer.

FSG looking for relatively young managers?

Anyway, BBC Sport article posted today reporting Ancelotti in talks to join Milan. So these health rumours?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: May 29, 2015, 09:14:41 pm »
Anyway, BBC Sport article posted today reporting Ancelotti in talks to join Milan.

Whilst noting that " he was considering taking a year's sabbatical and having surgery on a back problem following his dismissal.
"I must have an operation because of spinal stenosis that for some time creates a tingle in my hands," he was quoted as telling Il Giornale.
"I don't know how long the period of recovery will be," he added. "I can assure you that I've had plenty of offers from Italy, England, Germany. I'm sure they will not be lacking from here until next year."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:16:32 pm by Phil M »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #810 on: May 29, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »
My minimum expectation for everyone connected with the Club is competence. That would be a sound basis for improvement.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: May 31, 2015, 12:13:27 am »
My minimum expectation for everyone connected with the Club is competence. That would be a sound basis for improvement.

Absent americans and football decisions, an interesting combination. I'm sure they are no worse than anyone else but, coming from a culture which is some distance from understanding european football, the question is worth asking.

Villa (Randy Lerner 2006)-Martin O'Neill, Gerard Houllier, Alex McLeish (Bizarre), Paul Lambert (possibly understandable but ultimately poor), Tim Sherwood (?)
Utd-(Glazers 2005)-David Moyes (they just did as they were told by siralex), Van Gaal (Safe bet)
LFC (Hicks and Gillett, 2007)-Roy Hodgson (speaks for itself)
Sunderland (2008)-Martin O'Neill, Paulo Di Canio (disaster), Gus Poyet (disaster)
Derby (2008)-Nigel Clough (sacked), Steve McLaren (sacked)
Millwall-(2007)-Kenny Jackett, Steve Lomas (a McLeish like decision), Ian Holloway

and to a degree, although not exclusive and more hands on
Arsenal (Kroenke)-2007 Inherited Wenger (Cash keeps rolling in)

Its not a great record all-in-all
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:15:08 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: May 31, 2015, 12:38:19 am »

What planet are you on?  Did you sleep through the last four years lol

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:16 am »
Absent americans and football decisions, an interesting combination. I'm sure they are no worse than anyone else but, coming from a culture which is some distance from understanding european football, the question is worth asking.

Villa (Randy Lerner 2006)-Martin O'Neill, Gerard Houllier, Alex McLeish (Bizarre), Paul Lambert (possibly understandable but ultimately poor), Tim Sherwood (?)
Utd-(Glazers 2005)-David Moyes (they just did as they were told by siralex), Van Gaal (Safe bet)
LFC (Hicks and Gillett, 2007)-Roy Hodgson (speaks for itself)
Sunderland (2008)-Martin O'Neill, Paulo Di Canio (disaster), Gus Poyet (disaster)
Derby (2008)-Nigel Clough (sacked), Steve McLaren (sacked)
Millwall-(2007)-Kenny Jackett, Steve Lomas (a McLeish like decision), Ian Holloway

and to a degree, although not exclusive and more hands on
Arsenal (Kroenke)-2007 Inherited Wenger (Cash keeps rolling in)

Its not a great record all-in-all
Give us the list of English owners since 2005 and compare. ;)   

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: May 31, 2015, 08:28:48 pm »
Give us the list of English owners since 2005 and compare. ;)

Burnley-Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche
Crystal Palace-Ian Holloway, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew
Everton-David Moyes, Roberto Martinez
Newcastle United-Alan Pardew, John Carver
Stoke City-Tony Pulis, Mark Hughes
Spurs-André Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood, Mauricio Pochettino
WBA-Roberto Di Matteo, Roy Hodgson, Pepe Mel, Alan Irvine, Steve Clarke, Tony Pulis
West Ham United-Sam Allardyce

A bit more difficult and I haven't got all night to go back to 2005 and there are a lot more English clubs down the divisions so these are the premiership ones with the recent managers under current ownership, its a different set of clubs, most of which are promoted in recent years.

Newcastle excepted, some less bizarre choices (ie McLeish at Villa, Hodgson at Liverpool and Lomas at Millwall)

I think one difference is that Americans tend to take over (usually from English owners) the bigger clubs with more income potential so it makes comparison difficult (Spurs and Newcastle are the exception)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:51:17 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #815 on: June 15, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »
it's a given that we'll play some great football and score a load of goals.

:(
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.