Author Topic: DLA leads for Liverpool FC on £260m Anfield regeneration plan  (Read 34268 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: DLA leads for Liverpool FC on £260m Anfield regeneration plan
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2013, 09:16:39 pm »
Is there something in this ?  8)

I bleed Red. ‏@LFC_news_YNWA_ 14h
If, and it's a big if, the said company do agree terms, #LFC could earn "richest club in the world" status overnight.
Expand

Expect potential investment to gather pace, investors hope to conclude deal quickly. To be clear negotiations resumed 9th Sept. #LFC
Expand

Qatar wants to invest money in #LFC & across Europe. New hotels, companies etc. They want to buy Liverpool to gain visibility & prestige.
Expand

The talks are with another multi billion £ Qatar investment company, although FSG not looking to sell. Some deals are to good to turn down.
Expand

NEWS: WHO? I can say this, talks with Ooredoo are ongoing. However they want Anfield renamed. Hence no deal was struck in July. #LFC
Expand

I bleed Red. ‏@LFC_news_YNWA_ 15h
REGARDING #LFC INVESTMENT: It will be going into the Club, via share sales (diluting FSG shares) rather than buying a % of FSG ownership.

investors see the full package, to use the brand to develop the city, tourism & and potential growth

Anfield and surrounding areas. To develop the community also. Create jobs. PR & revenue

The investment is initially for plot development around Anfield, then ground & expansion

Apparently we should have big Investment from the Middle East soon, stadium plans and written forms progressing well [@LFC_news_YNWA_] #LFC

Trevor Gerrard ‏@TrevorPGerrard 13h
fsg plan is for outside body to fund stadium, this frees up the money in that pot for the club. Investors want big city hotels @lfcl4
View conversation

Trevor Gerrard ‏@TrevorPGerrard 13h
As I said months ago, the investors want the stadium & surrounding area. Hotel, sports complex etc etc. Need planning first though #lfc

I doubt it. Looks like Twitter shite to me. And if they are talking about 'plot development' first, whatever that means, then the stadium could be years away. And why would you build 'big city hotels' (plural) in the Anfield area. The Ooredoo link is from April and was denied by them shortly afterwards.

http://www.sport360.com/football/qatari-firm-ooredoo-deny-liverpool-sponsorship-talk
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:35 pm »
I doubt it. Looks like Twitter shite to me. And if they are talking about 'plot development' first, whatever that means, then the stadium could be years away. And why would you build 'big city hotels' (plural) in the Anfield area. The Ooredoo link is from April and was denied by them shortly afterwards.

http://www.sport360.com/football/qatari-firm-ooredoo-deny-liverpool-sponsorship-talk

There's too many rumours about Ooredoo for it not to be true IMO. Even after they've denied talks, it's still persisting.
No respected business will announce anything until the deal is done.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »
There's too many rumours about Ooredoo for it not to be true IMO.

Aye, because persistent rumours must mean its true!

It's more likely to be true if we don't hear about it, as most self respecting companies will keep things quiet. Those just wanting a bit of publicity would let it carry on maybe.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:58 am »

Same guy was tweeting the other day that Suarez has signed a new secret contract with a £60m escape clause.

Could be someone with inside knowledge. Could be an attention-hungry fantasist. I know what I think.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2013, 05:35:16 am »
There's too many rumours about Ooredoo for it not to be true IMO. Even after they've denied talks, it's still persisting.
No respected business will announce anything until the deal is done.

For what to be true? That they are interested in shirt sponsorship? Or in buying up half of L4 and redeveloping it into a business and hotel district, building the stadium and buying a load of equity through a new share issue?

If it was true that they are only really interested in making money through redevelopment then they need to be fucked off sharpish. Wrong on so many levels.

And you contradict yourself: loads of rumours = true; absolute secrecy = true.

The fact that there are loads of rumours just means that... there are loads of rumours. A lot of well-informed people got the Chinese takeover wrong. There may be some truth in this but it doesn't mean a deal is done.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline chevronla

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »
Twitter is a very hard place to judge reliable people, for every one or two good men there are a slew of pretenders grabbing the oppurtunity to gain followers. Social Media has unfortunately presented people with their very own soap box, why they do its is unkown.

I personally think the LFC_newsYNWA_ chap is talking bluster and piggybacking on rumours that have been flying around since the Ooeredoo sponsorship leak. My suspicions arose when he quoted the one and only @Indykaila stating he was "ever reliable".

The Trevor Gerrard chap seems much more reliable and has been carrying the story for a while, he seems more genuine in his approach and isn't in constant pursuit for followers. Interestingly he also mentioned when the ground was granted the "asset of the community" status, that it could be a very defining moment in the regeneration. For Henry to come out after that crucial moment sounding confident about finance suggests that the investors who are supposedly lined up are happy with the outcome and it wont prevent them moving forwards with their plans. Could well have been a sliding doors moment.

Anyway, the latest JWH statement has filled me with hope, its come completely out of the blue and he appears to be very confident about the finance, something which has been a bit of a taboo subject over the last few years. He didn't necessarily have to say anything and could have kept his powder dry without anyone noticing. Things, thankfully, after nearly twenty years, seem to be gathering pace.

It does seem for once that the owners are showing some balls and getting things done slowly but surely and with some care and consideration for the people in the area. the rumours that started in the 90's have blighted the area for a long time & H&G showed absolutely no consideration for the local people with their arrogant chutzpah, spade in the ground stuff whilst people still lived in the houses around the ground.

anyway, does anyone know anything about the next steps, when the houses are likely to be sorted, once they're bought how long then for planning permission, and obviously along with planning permission goes the redesigned stadium. any word on architects being lined up or the like?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »
Architects will have been helping with feasibility options for a while - just to give the club an idea which way to go on the design when the club has certainty on the land etc.

You can't predict Planning. It takes as long as it takes.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »
You can't predict Planning. It takes as long as it takes.

Surely the council will have a fair idea of what's going in the application already and a definite motivation to progress this swiftly, Peter?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »
Surely the council will have a fair idea of what's going in the application already and a definite motivation to progress this swiftly, Peter?

Surely. But the process is the process and if not followed to the letter, subject to greater challenge.

Offline Snaily

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2013, 04:36:24 pm »
so how will this process play out?

I assume the council has to follow a strict process of purchasing the properties and there will be a maximum offer they can make per property, surely they have got to a stage of full and final offer by now as the process has been going on for a year now.  how long will a resident have to accept the offer before the council can move to the next stage?

I understand once cpo's are issued there will be the possibility of appeal, but this can only be against the process not the values.  who do the appeals go to and how long can they take?

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 7, 2013, 10:46:26 am »
Not really. Anything is possible in theory as long as there is adequate finance but more importantly available land. Many stadiums have been extended in ways that were not planned. A perfect example is Dortmund that looks the way it does precisely because the original stadium and early extensions hadn't planned for 'final' ground in its current format. The San Siro is actually three structurally independent tiers.  I have no doubt that the feasibility studies and business analysis would have looked at the maximum planning envelope and come to a decision on the optimum stadium size in terms of cost and revenue. Putting in structural groundworks for a potential expansion that might never happen would not be cost effective and may not even be possible if an extension up to 70K required land that the club doesn't own.

I've made my position clear in the "70,000 seats my arse" thread and based on the way they have gone about this I think FSG have done their homework.

"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 7, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »

Thanks for posting that - 1974 (top left) was a 54,000 seater stadium built to replace the Rote Erde ground (seen behind in all the pictures). It had four (relatively) cheap pre-fabricated concrete stands. At the time there was no expectation that there would be a need for a larger stadium or that the culture of football would change from largely standing to largely or all-seated.

In the nineties the capacity shrank to 42,000 as standing rows were converted to seats and the 1995 extension to the two main stands restored capacity to 54,000.

In 1998 after winning the league they expanded again to increase the capacity of the north stand and the sud tribune (south stand).

In 2000 Dortmund was one of the venues for Germany's winning World Cup bid but did not meet the criteria for semi-finals as it did not have enough VIP seating. The solution was to build the four corner stands primarily for VIP and corporate seats. To provide good views form the corners a the existing roof supports had to be removed and the eight iconic yellow masts installed to carry the weight of the existing roof and new corner infills.

The ground now has a capacity of 65,000 seated, 80,000 standing and seated. It looks great and is a coherent, well-designed and fantastic looking stadium but there was no foresight - in fact the heart of it are the four 'cheap-as-chips' stands built for the 1974 World Cup.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »
This is definitely a reassuring model. I think we all fear ending up with a hotch-potch, incoherent stadium, with one or two stands dwarfing the others, but the organic growth of the Dortmund stadium and the way it has used its existing structures is an excellent aspiration.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 04:54:46 pm »
This is definitely a reassuring model. I think we all fear ending up with a hotch-potch, incoherent stadium, with one or two stands dwarfing the others, but the organic growth of the Dortmund stadium and the way it has used its existing structures is an excellent aspiration.

Anfield won't be as coherent as Dortmund. The proposed Main Stand will be quite a bit higher than the Centenary. The point about Dortmund was that the ground you see now wasn't planned in 1974 - each stage was a response to changed circumstances.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »
Anfield won't be as coherent as Dortmund. The proposed Main Stand will be quite a bit higher than the Centenary. The point about Dortmund was that the ground you see now wasn't planned in 1974 - each stage was a response to changed circumstances.

Yeah, I get that. Just saying it's reassuring to see that just because you're planning piecemeal, doesn't mean you end up with a dog's dinner.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »
will it be higher than the mil burn stand at st james park?

similar capacities