Author Topic: Singapore Reds?  (Read 10312 times)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
Re: Singapore Reds?
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 12:06:21 pm »
Just a note to everyone here who would like to visit us, the East of Anfield Liverpool Supporters Club. We have moved out of Penny Black already and are now situated at Harry's Bar in CHIJMES.

Just tell the taxi driver to bring you to CHIJMES and he'll know what to do (it's actually in the heart of the city). The bar is located at the basement level and you will definitely not miss it espcially on match days when the pub turns into a sea of red! We'll be there tonite for the Boxing day fixture against Bolton and hope to see all Reds, be it Singaporean, Scouse, Scandinavian, or otherwise to come and roar on our Redmen to another victory!!!

Cheers!

The guy who owns chimes owns a ton of clubs/pubs from what I can see..!Anyways, will be at chimes in time for kick off...come on you reds!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 01:10:17 am »
I have to say I was wholly impressed with Chimes; went there last night with the wife and got in just before kick off and the place was buzzing. And, using the word a HUGE food and drink outlet is an understatement. The pub itself for liverpool fans is nestled down the main block of stair cases but what a setting.

Most certainly puts most pubs in the UK to shame I might add. YNWA Singapore...but the local satay dish in the pub could be a little fresher...:)

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline _savio_

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 03:57:46 am »
Singapore Reds here. Welcome! :)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 04:06:27 am »
Most certainly puts most pubs in the UK to shame I might add. YNWA Singapore...but the local satay dish in the pub could be a little fresher...:)

Been to many pubs in the UK have you  ;)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Kiwi83

• Main Stander
  • His armband proved he was a Red
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:33 am »
I saw the Liverpool Chelsea game at Harrys in Chijmes, man such a great atmosphere. Those guys are super passionate, so good to see
"After the game, as I was making my way to the team coach, a couple of Liverpool fans asked me for my autograph. I obliged, only for them to tear it up in front of me. The manager always reminds me of that incident to motivate me when we play Liverpool"

Ryan Giggs

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 04:52:06 am »
Been to many pubs in the UK have you  ;)

Actually been out of the UK have you?

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 04:57:27 am »
Welcome to our island, mate. Nice to hear all the positive comments on this thread. :)
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 06:17:12 am »

What does bother me is when we get "experts" who have never been beyond the shores of spain commenting that the OOT's out in asia haven't got it together or don't really have much support for the club as the boys in the UK do....

It shows how ignorant and how little they know...

Chimes was an EYE opener for me..and thats only 1 outlet in singapore. Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok....now these places are just as active on match days as well..

Offline spionkop76

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:32 am »
welcome to this tiny island. glad to hear you like  it here....
We are moving up a mighty highway toward the city of VICTORIOUS. There will be meandering points. There will be curves and difficult moments, and we will be tempted to retaliate with the same kind of force that required for the BOSS to be shaken. But I'm going to say to you, 'Wait a minute, REDMens. We got to have some sense of extreme PATIENCE.'

Offline Jonno

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Malaysian Red And White Kopites
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 09:37:11 am »
What does bother me is when we get "experts" who have never been beyond the shores of spain commenting that the OOT's out in asia haven't got it together or don't really have much support for the club as the boys in the UK do....

It shows how ignorant and how little they know...

Chimes was an EYE opener for me..and thats only 1 outlet in singapore. Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok....now these places are just as active on match days as well..

That's right mate, thanks for that, if anyone or you are coming up north to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), give us a shout or check this out www.my-rawk.com :wave
"Son, every man on the street and in the pub has his own view about who should play where, his own team, so do I. The difference is, my team was put to the test time and again, yours weren't and will never be." Roy Evans to me in Kuala Lumpur.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 2, 2009, 03:22:32 am »

A quick snap shot of the rather fun packed Chimes in Singapore...

Offline DukeRed

• Anny Roader
  • Respect is not given, it is earned
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2009, 03:34:30 am »

That's right mate, thanks for that, if anyone or you are coming up north to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), give us a shout or check this out www.my-rawk.com :wave

As Jonno says, please do let us know if you come up north. I've personally met with some of the EOA lads and they're a great bunch.

Offline redders74

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2009, 03:49:56 am »
As Jonno says, please do let us know if you come up north. I've personally met with some of the EOA lads and they're a great bunch.

Thanks for hosting us when we were up in K.L. for the masters DukeRed and Jonno! I wasn't there though as I was guarding the fort in Chijmes, Singapore!!! Somebody-Special: Was that the Newcastle game??? It sure looked familiar! ;)
"There're only 2 Great Teams in Merseyside: Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2009, 04:35:15 am »
Thanks for hosting us when we were up in K.L. for the masters DukeRed and Jonno! I wasn't there though as I was guarding the fort in Chijmes, Singapore!!! Somebody-Special: Was that the Newcastle game??? It sure looked familiar! ;)

It was Friday night's game vs Bolton :)

I couldn't re-visit Chimes on Sunday as we flew back to Perth that same day...pity.....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2009, 04:45:49 am »

Hard Core Malaysia fan's......

Offline redders74

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2009, 06:31:29 am »
It was Friday night's game vs Bolton :)

I couldn't re-visit Chimes on Sunday as we flew back to Perth that same day...pity.....

Oh I see... I was there as well for the Bolton game! The crowd on Boxing day was quite ok but it was better on Sunday as it was an early kick off! :) Glad you enjoyed yourself while in Singapore and hope to see you again in Singapore when you drop by for games! Give me a shout when you are around next time!!

Offline smithcarr

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2009, 06:41:16 am »
I know a pretty gal from Singapore called Jaime Yeo,
but she loves Arsenal...

btw, i come from Hong Kong

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #57 on: January 2, 2009, 06:57:11 am »
I know a pretty gal from Singapore called Jaime Yeo,
but she loves Arsenal...

btw, i come from Hong Kong

Singapore pales in comparison to Korea.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline redders74

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: January 2, 2009, 07:11:35 am »

Frankly, I do not rate Jaime Yeo as well even though I'm a Singaporean!! There are much better looking gals here than her!! I don't know much about Korean babes, but from what I know from my travels there, most Korean gals (at least 90%) are surgically modified in one way or the other!!!

Offline Zephy_09

• Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: January 2, 2009, 07:25:39 am »
Yeah Jamie Yeo is an Arsenal fan. Her husband, Glenn Ong from Class 95 FM is an Arsenal fan too.. but his partner in the radio station "The Flying Dutchman" is a Liverpool fan!  :D

Didnt know there are so many Singaporeans here in this forum!

YNWA

Offline Zephy_09

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: January 2, 2009, 07:26:56 am »

ah hem.. Korea is also famous for their plastic surgery .  :-X

Offline dgoh

• Kopite
  • Son. Brother. Student. RAWKite
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 10:50:04 am »
Abso-fucking-lutely made up for what's to come. I'm about to finish NS, and my uncle, who's a dutch decided to bring me to his home for some post ord holiday, and i'll be flying to liverpool from holland to catch the liverpool vs aston villa match.

I know i know it sucked today having drawn with everton, BUT WTF I'M GOING TO ANFIELD!

The bad side is that i only get to spend a day there(i'm still praying the schedule can be changed), would really like to go for the museum tour, heard good things about it from the lads here.

So any suggestion of places I MUST DEFINITELY go in addition to the game?

Offline coolfire

• Kopite
  • Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 02:00:47 pm »
Abso-fucking-lutely made up for what's to come. I'm about to finish NS, and my uncle, who's a dutch decided to bring me to his home for some post ord holiday, and i'll be flying to liverpool from holland to catch the liverpool vs aston villa match.

I know i know it sucked today having drawn with everton, BUT WTF I'M GOING TO ANFIELD!

The bad side is that i only get to spend a day there(i'm still praying the schedule can be changed), would really like to go for the museum tour, heard good things about it from the lads here.

So any suggestion of places I MUST DEFINITELY go in addition to the game?

Wow, you lucky guy!

I'm a singaporean too...  :wave
Rafa Benitez, 19112007: "But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city."

Moses said,"Come forth", but we came fifth...And won the Champions League!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 01:05:20 am »
Hello, I'm a Singaporean Red :) But not a scouser, though.

Anyhow, there is an official Liverpool FC Supporters' Club in Singapore. You can sign up for official membership there and meet at places for games and all. Not too sure where they are located, but here's a link to the website (maybe you could find the location there, I haven't been able to!)

http://www.liverpoolfanclub.org.sg/home.aspx

Hope I helped :)

My uncle's been there a number of times. He remembers at one point they put a carpet, with Rio Ferdinand's face on it, at the entrance and anyone who wanted to enter had to step on that carpet or wipe their shoes clean on that carpet, haha  :P

EDIT : But I'm not sure if it's the official one he went to.  :P

Mate

the "official" fan club out in singapore is ru by idiots...stay a mile away from them..save your singaporean dollars and spend it on booze or broads...the way the organization is run....its laughable and embarrassing.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 01:36:19 am »

I'm moving to Singapore in months time and I'm wondering if there's a supporters club I could join,  Also are there any Singaporian Scousers on here?

Steve Mcmahon will be you leader.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 03:10:26 am »
I'm moving to Singapore in months time and I'm wondering if there's a supporters club I could join,  Also are there any Singaporian Scousers on here?

They love us over there mate.
Great people....brilliant food and.......well......you'll see for yourself.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2009, 03:26:37 am »
They love us over there mate.

Great people....brilliant food and.......well......you'll see for yourself.

They love us long time.   
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2009, 04:20:16 am »
Mate

the "official" fan club out in singapore is ru by idiots...stay a mile away from them..save your singaporean dollars and spend it on booze or broads...the way the organization is run....its laughable and embarrassing.

From singapore and I agree with you. The politics is mind boggling and something that should never happen to a fanclub born out of passion. Embarassing to say the least.

But there is great liverpool support here in singapore. i would say easily the most passionate fans.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2009, 06:01:17 am »
From singapore and I agree with you. The politics is mind boggling and something that should never happen to a fanclub born out of passion. Embarassing to say the least.

But there is great liverpool support here in singapore. i would say easily the most passionate fans.

I agree. The fan base is amazing in singapore. I go back to my one and only experince at the chimes and it  was AMAZING...and everyone was friendly and very warm to a scouser in their midst....I have nothing but absolute praise for the whole lot of lads I met...

The "official" fan club is a bloody embarrasement to say the least.

Sounds like its run by a small group of individuals.

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2009, 06:41:26 am »
I agree. The fan base is amazing in singapore. I go back to my one and only experince at the chimes and it  was AMAZING...and everyone was friendly and very warm to a scouser in their midst....I have nothing but absolute praise for the whole lot of lads I met...

The "official" fan club is a bloody embarrasement to say the least.

Sounds like its run by a small group of individuals.

Yes indeed, it's run by a small group. And i suspect some might have personal interest above that of the fan club. It's a right disgrace the way it's managed. I actually hope liverpool would strip them of their "official" status and give it to more worthy fans, for which there are aplenty in Singapore.

Offline Jonno

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Malaysian Red And White Kopites
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 05:28:56 pm »
Yes indeed, it's run by a small group. And i suspect some might have personal interest above that of the fan club. It's a right disgrace the way it's managed. I actually hope liverpool would strip them of their "official" status and give it to more worthy fans, for which there are aplenty in Singapore.

Sounds very much like the fan club of the neighbour up North.  Can the club strip them off the official status?

On the "personal interest" part, I agree, the the official fan club here is the same, go look it up in the official website and then google the meaning of the name of the club, or better still, ask some Malaysian what it meant and you'll know what I am talking about...
"Son, every man on the street and in the pub has his own view about who should play where, his own team, so do I. The difference is, my team was put to the test time and again, yours weren't and will never be." Roy Evans to me in Kuala Lumpur.

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 05:42:34 pm »

i watched our 4-1 win against the mancs at CHIJMES and i'll never forget that day ever
sang and shouted myself hoarse and whenever i walk past CHIJMES now those memories just comes naturally
lovely people there as well and all the in-game shouting were ace ;D

was my first time watching us play in a pub and i'm so glad it was that venue and it was that game ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:44:11 pm by Fernando09 »
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 11:15:48 am »
i watched our 4-1 win against the mancs at CHIJMES and i'll never forget that day ever
sang and shouted myself hoarse and whenever i walk past CHIJMES now those memories just comes naturally
lovely people there as well and all the in-game shouting were ace ;D

was my first time watching us play in a pub and i'm so glad it was that venue and it was that game ;)

I think the management of chimes have got it right with the concept of the pub..and the fact its a liverpool fan's pub where everyone can minggle and old friends can meet up every weekend..
What makes it better is the fact almost everyone i talked to were down to earth, friendly and willing to talk about anything relating to the club..and the fact that most knew a hell of a lot more than the average fan in the uk...

very very passionate...

Offline ElysianField

• In Kewell we trust
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Do one, Bud
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 11:41:30 pm »
Singapore, Malaysia and of late, Brunei Darussalam... All Scousers salute you.

Follow the Liver bird and ye shall find the truth, harmony and world peace.

Satu empat jalan.... amen.

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 02:58:23 pm »

A total of 3,036 Straits Times readers took part in the paper’s inaugural English Premier League (EPL) fan survey to determine just which English club reigned supreme in Singapore.

But the bumper crop of respondents to the online survey, which ran from Aug 17 to Sept 20, was not the only surprise.

While it was expected that the EPL’s traditional Big Four of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea would feature prominently in the survey, not many would have predicted Liverpool running away in the survey.

Reds fans more than double those of the Red Devils (1,434 to 712). And while Arsenal were third, it was Newcastle who were a surprising fourth.

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/epl-20132014/story/red-loyal-male-and-homebody-20130928

Offline REDdotONtheMAP

• Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »
Welcome to sunny singapore!  8)
FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

Offline PhoenixRed

• Kemlynite
  • asingaporeanson.blogspot.com
    • A Singaporean in Australia
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »
Hi Singaporelangs

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 06:40:03 pm »
Isn't it weird that we get more games in Singapore than in UK? For the life of me I still cannot understand why the fuck Sky Sports don't show 3pm games when they spent Billions to buy the rights.

As far as I can recall Singapore shows all Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool games every weekend, no matter what times they are on.

I'm from singapore too by the way but lives in London now and my hometown club (if there's actually one) is, coincidentally, Geylang.

PS Star Sports coverage is, to say the least, embarassing.
It's not just Singapore. There's wall-to-wall coverage of all our games in the other SE Asian countries too. I spend most of my time in Thailand these days and all our games are shown there. The advantage it has over Singapore and Malaysia is that it's one hour behind both countries so, even though some games kick off at ridiculous times in Thailand, it's still an hour earlier than in Singapore and Malaysia