Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 114696 times)

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1280 on: May 21, 2024, 11:51:20 am »
Great for him.

I assume Southgate has only included him cos he has scored twice and is now on his radar, that is how shit my opinion of Southgate is.
I was thinking the same thing when he headed in against Wolves.  A defender can be brilliant for month after month but they only get any wider attention when they either make a high profile gaffe or score a few goals.

Garth Crooks' team of the week is generally just that weekend's goalscorers shoehorned into an imbalanced formation.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: May 21, 2024, 11:54:23 am »
Fuck off Southgate.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: May 21, 2024, 11:58:51 am »
Bet he’s buzzing, so I’m happy for him. Didn’t cross my mind that this would happen, not because he isn’t good, but Elliott and Jones continue to get overlooked. Having said all that, he could be a solid option for England.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #1283 on: May 21, 2024, 12:02:31 pm »
Bet he’s buzzing, so I’m happy for him. Didn’t cross my mind that this would happen, not because he isn’t good, but Elliott and Jones continue to get overlooked. Having said all that, he could be a solid option for England.

Jones is in the provisional squad as well. Elliott isn't and that's a farce.

This just shows how good Quansah has been this season though and he's got a hell of a lot more to come. Comes with the double edged sword that he'll play more for England but that's the standard of player we need in our team.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: May 21, 2024, 12:02:52 pm »
Well deserved. Probably too early to get in the main squad given loyalty to certain players, but don't think there's many England centre backs who've played as well as him, at the level he has and given the competition he has for his place.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: May 21, 2024, 12:04:15 pm »
Jones is in the provisional squad as well. Elliott isn't and that's a farce.

This just shows how good Quansah has been this season though and he's got a hell of a lot more to come. Comes with the double edged sword that he'll play more for England but that's the standard of player we need in our team.
Elliott's competition for his place is Palmer, Foden, Bellingham and Saka as a starting point. England have crazy depth for players who can play the attacking mid position and two of their best players usually play from the right wing as well

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1286 on: May 21, 2024, 12:31:57 pm »
@_pauljoyce

Liverpool centre back Jarell Quansah included in England squad with Curtis Jones

(33 man provisional squad, to be reduced to 26. I can't see him making the 26, but great experience for him)

Is there a training camp or something before they cut the numbers down? Would be good for him to get involved.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1287 on: May 21, 2024, 12:36:59 pm »
I hope he doesn't make the 26. He deserves it, but we need our young players this summer for Arne's first summer on the job.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: May 21, 2024, 12:37:09 pm »
Is there a training camp or something before they cut the numbers down? Would be good for him to get involved.

Southgate gets them down a weatherspoons and a game of killer to decide who goes.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1289 on: May 21, 2024, 12:42:33 pm »
They've a couple of friendlies in early June, but I assume the final squad will be picked before then. They might be heading for is it St George's Park for some training before that?

Fuck off Southgate.
Lads, I think I found Ben White's burner RAWK account.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: May 21, 2024, 12:44:28 pm »
@_pauljoyce

Liverpool centre back Jarell Quansah included in England squad with Curtis Jones

(33 man provisional squad, to be reduced to 26. I can't see him making the 26, but great experience for him)

Great for the lad. Bet he's buzzing.

And still no Elliott. :lmao Is it because of that ancient video about Sir Harry of Kane, I wonder?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1291 on: May 21, 2024, 12:50:20 pm »
Probably doesn't make the plane but the call up is absolutely deserved. He won't blink at the step up
Yeah, I think that’s most likely.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2024, 12:59:49 pm »
Well done, Jarell.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1293 on: May 21, 2024, 01:05:02 pm »
You can tell Southgate really has a good eye for talent. Really hope he doesn't get the United job and bring them back (again)

Mad to think what's happened to him in the past year. He wasn't even particularly fancied at Bristol Rovers by all accounts.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: May 21, 2024, 01:11:29 pm »
Great for the lad. Bet he's buzzing.

And still no Elliott. :lmao Is it because of that ancient video about Sir Harry of Kane, I wonder?

No its because Foden and Palmer are better.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1295 on: May 21, 2024, 01:16:46 pm »
They're absolutely stacked in Elliott's position. Hope he doesn't have to do any under 21s stuff he's already too experienced in that camp now and they should just give someone else a go. Quansah wasn't even part of the u21 winning Euro squad last year was he, just shows his rise. Doubt he makes the final 23/25 man squad or whatever it is so hopefully a rest for him before pre season too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: May 21, 2024, 01:30:28 pm »
Lads, I think I found Ben White's burner RAWK account.
I'm a c*nt mate but I'm not that much of a c*nt  :D

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1297 on: May 21, 2024, 01:32:26 pm »
I'm a c*nt mate but I'm not that much of a c*nt  :D
Thought you were lacking in the tanning department too  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: May 21, 2024, 01:40:21 pm »

Usually, I think. That's when the 26 is decided after training/friendlies? Some may get injured etc. I could be wrong, as I do talk shit.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: May 21, 2024, 01:42:36 pm »
Well deserved, was terrific last season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: May 21, 2024, 02:17:08 pm »
After all the talk of trying to sign Levi Colwill last summer, emergence of Jarell filled that gap. What a find, as was Conor Bradley. Our youth setup really feels so important these days.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #1301 on: May 21, 2024, 06:24:21 pm »
i have said this before but what english centre halves are better than jarell ?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: May 21, 2024, 07:26:46 pm »

When fit John Stones would be one.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: May 21, 2024, 07:57:33 pm »

:D

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: May 21, 2024, 08:32:41 pm »
Really happy for him - I don't think he'll make the squad (although I do think he is an outside bet), but he deserves this. Wonder if part of the reason is they want him to know he's around the squad to stop him getting a call-up from Ghana (who I think he can represent).

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: May 21, 2024, 09:12:19 pm »
I assume 2 out of Quansah, Branthwaite, Guehi and Dunk will make the final squad. Dunk is almost certainly a goner, and Guehi is almost certainly on the plane.

It'll come down to Quansah and Branthwaite, and I think Branthwaite will get the nod due to him getting more minutes this season as well as his importance for his club. Quansah's star will continue rising though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: May 21, 2024, 11:20:59 pm »
Fuck off Southgate.

I do love how Southgate rightly gets abuse for both picking and in some cases not picking Liverpool players ;D

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: May 21, 2024, 11:40:19 pm »
I assume 2 out of Quansah, Branthwaite, Guehi and Dunk will make the final squad. Dunk is almost certainly a goner, and Guehi is almost certainly on the plane.

It'll come down to Quansah and Branthwaite, and I think Branthwaite will get the nod due to him getting more minutes this season as well as his importance for his club. Quansah's star will continue rising though.

And Southgate will want those who are experts at camping in their own penalty area like Branthwaite.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: May 22, 2024, 06:22:55 pm »
Great for him.

I assume Southgate has only included him cos he has scored twice and is now on his radar, that is how shit my opinion of Southgate is.
maybe Southgate gets advice from Garth Crooks, who chooses players purely based on who's made the football headlines.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1309 on: May 22, 2024, 06:50:28 pm »
You can tell Southgate really has a good eye for talent. Really hope he doesn't get the United job and bring them back (again)

That's like saying a guy who just told you that it rained this morning is a great meteorologist...

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1310 on: May 22, 2024, 07:19:09 pm »

Mad to think what's happened to him in the past year. He wasn't even particularly fancied at Bristol Rovers by all accounts.

Really really hope he does get the United (whoever they are) job.

That would be hilarious in the extreme  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

In other news - delighted for Jarell, very well deserved  :wellin

Not so delighted for us but thats how it is  ::)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: Today at 03:41:25 am »
maybe Southgate gets advice from Garth Crooks, who chooses players purely based on who's made the football headlines.

I thought it was based on whose teammate or manager he wanted to take a dig at.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1312 on: Today at 11:03:59 am »
Probably doesn't make the plane but the call up is absolutely deserved. He won't blink at the step up

He's really good, but I hope they leave it to airbus to make the plane.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.