Author Topic: Large Jet crash Bagram  (Read 5292 times)

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
Re: Large Jet crash Bagram
« Reply #40 on: May 3, 2013, 02:22:25 pm »
Did that not happen in the Ukraine?

Yes that rings a bell mate, my mistake saying it was in Russia.

I can't remember where I seen it, but I wouldnt watch it again myself, wouldnt want to. The images don't leave you. But I do remember watching it that first time and saying to myself "why am I still watching this?" it's just beyond horrific.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 3, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »
Yes that rings a bell mate, my mistake saying it was in Russia.

I can't remember where I seen it, but I wouldnt watch it again myself, wouldnt want to. The images don't leave you. But I do remember watching it that first time and saying to myself "why am I still watching this?" it's just beyond horrific.
Fairly easy to get the locations mixed up. And yeah, like yourself, I found myself watching it up to a point where it just got too much. Beyond horrific is accurate. The thing I remember most about that video is that someone runs over to the pilot who was at fault and bravely ejected to save his own life and pats him on the back, when really he should have clocked the c*nt.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2013, 07:36:07 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 3, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »
On the Ukraine video didn't even see the end bit with all the bodies that got hit and are laying there in pieces, fucking hell that is truly grim. Wish I never saw that, absolutely horrible especially with little kids there.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 3, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
I remember the one where the airbus flies into the woods.  You don't see anything else except a mushroom cloud.  :(

EDIT: Just read up on it on Wiki.  Only three fatalities thankfully but still heartbreaking:

Of 136 people on board, three did not escape. One was a handicapped boy in seat 4F who was unable to move. Another was a girl in seat 8C, who was unable to remove her seatbelt (her younger brother had removed his own seatbelt but was carried away by the rush of people before he could help his sister). The third was a woman who had reached the front door and then returned to help the girl. Thirty-four passengers required hospitalization for injuries and burns. Both pilots received minor head injuries and also suffered from smoke inhalation and shock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_296
« Last Edit: May 3, 2013, 10:13:38 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: May 4, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »
Hate flying generally although do it out of necessity when needs must, but wish I hadn't watched those vid's.  Horrific.  I did manage to avoid clicking on links to other crashes and disasters.  Drive you up the wall watching those.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2013, 10:49:32 am »
While its not nice bringing attention to such a tragic event, there is an American B52 crash at an air show which is quite similar to the bagram crash, it is as spectacular as it is horrific. The size of the aircraft is probably not far off a 747 and apparently the pilot was known for carrying out dangerous manoeuvres for an aircraft that size and had been warned before.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #46 on: May 6, 2013, 02:58:58 pm »
While its not nice bringing attention to such a tragic event, there is an American B52 crash at an air show which is quite similar to the bagram crash, it is as spectacular as it is horrific. The size of the aircraft is probably not far off a 747 and apparently the pilot was known for carrying out dangerous manoeuvres for an aircraft that size and had been warned before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOXnfhBq7c

Equally terrifying and tragic.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 6, 2013, 03:14:19 pm »
Wiki page on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Fairchild_Air_Force_Base_B-52_crash

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop