Lawnmowerman
8 (5.1%)
Whispering Death vs
11 (7%)
Flon
14 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 26, 2013, 08:34:59 pm

Author Topic: Complainers Draft - Final Set of Group Fixtures  (Read 1869 times)

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
Complainers Draft - Final Set of Group Fixtures
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:34:59 pm »
Reminder - For anyone who hasn't already voted, the second batch of fixtures is still up until tomorrow morning:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304609.0

Lethal

vs Debarshee

Puskas: 508 goals in 540 odd games. Meazza: 300 odd goals in less than 400 games. Eyzaguirre: Considered by many as one of the greatest right backs ever.

Sir Psycho Sexy

vs Hazell

Rob K

vs KingLuis05

- In goal, Andreas Isaksson, holder of 103 Sweden caps.

- A tough and unforgiving centre-back partnership in Montero and Naybet, the rock at the back of the successful Deportivo side of the late 90s and early 00s.

- Width is provided by Roberto Carlos and Cafu, who led Brazil to the World Cup final in both 1998 and 2002. Taking turns to attack, they'd test either side of the opposition's defence.

- Controlling the midfield is Luis Suarez, winner of the 1960 Ballon d'Or, consecutive European Cups with the Grande Inter team and a European Championship with Spain. Carlo Ancelotti, who won consecutive European Cups with AC Milan, adds bite next to him.

- A narrow front four gives the Brazilian full-backs space to attack down the wings. With Laudrup the playmaker in the middle and Cafu marauding down the wing, Okocha is given the freedom to drift and cause trouble.

- Evani was the dependable member of Sacchi's Milan's attack, much like our Dirk. Versatile and consistent, he racked up 296 league appearances for Milan, starting in their 1990 European Cup final win, as well as scoring a penalty in Italy's 1994 World Cup final shootout defeat to Brazil.

- Pele rounds the team off. A complete player who could come deep to combine with Laudrup or run onto the Dane's through balls. The only player ever to have won three World Cups.

Tomaldinho

vs Crixalis

Saint Kopite

THE TEAM

Robert ENKE is the goalkeeper. A very reliable goal-keeper who sadly passed away when he was at the peak of his career. RIP. The defence comprises of NELINHO, Daniel PASSARELLA, Anton ONDRUŠ and Bixente LIZARAZU. NELINHO, the right back was well known for his attacking game and had a vicious shot in him but he was solid defensively as well. On the left wing, there is Bixente LIZARAZU who is considered is one of the best left backs of all time. Daniel PASSARELLA and Anton ONDRUŠ would form the central defence. Daniel PASSARELLA is one of the time great defenders while Anton ONDRUŠ was amongst the best defenders in the world in the seventies. He was the captain when Czechoslovakia defeated West Germany in the finals who were the holders of Euros and world champions coming into 1976 Euros.

The midfield has Paul INCE, The Guv'nor and Graeme SOUNESS in a double pivot. Both were not only fantastic midfielders in their prime but also very complete as players. Especially Souness who till date remains the best central midfielder inh Liverpool FC's history and dominated midfields like very few could. Ahead of them, Diego MARADONA will play in a free role. What more could be said about possibly the best footballer of all time?

Its a three man attack which has Flórián ALBERT and RIVALDO in a slightly floating/widish role behind the main striker CARECA who will lead the line. RIVALDO at his peak was mesmerizing to watch. Very underrated as he was often overshadowed by Ronaldo but his influence in the 2002 WC win was almost as influential as Ronaldo's. Alongside him is Flórián ALBERT, the Ballon D'or Winner in 1967 and the Golden Boot Winner in 1962 World Cup. There is no shortage of creativity and goals in that attack. And with Diego MARADONA combining with his old friend CARECA, that attack has the potential to score against any defence.

vs Lawnmowerman

Lawnmowerman

When defending it'll be balls to the wall stuff. With Eilts sitting in front of Moore and Ivanov, its pretty much a 5 man defense. And with Simeone and Albertini also in the mix, its a 7 man wall that the best of teams would find hard to break down.

When attacking, Eilts will slot back in front of Moore and Ivanov, mirroring the role he succesfully played in for Germany in Euro96. And Reizger and Nela will push forward adding width, making a 5 man midfield spearheaded by Platini

Whispering Death

vs Flon

Defence

Every team starts with a safe pair of hands and in Luis Arconada this team has exactly that. A one club man, Arconada played exclusively for Real Sociedad over nearly two decades, being instrumental in back to back title wins in 81 and 82 as well as establishing himself between the sticks for Spain with 68 caps. In front of him are Jose Nasazzi, Uruguay's victorious captain in the 1930 World Cup and 'Iron' Rinus Israel, who skippered Feyenoord to glory in their sole European Cup triumph, even scoring in the final. Between the pair of them every quality required of a centre-back partnership is covered; strength, pace, positioning, aerial ability, reading and leadership in abundance. At fullback, Christian Panucci's composure and defensive nous will balance the attacking verve of Leonardo who will be given license to bomb on, offering a wide outlet and stretching opposition defences.

Midfield

The midfield is the heartbeat of any team and this trio of players complement each other superbly. Cerezo is one of the best defensive midfielders ever to come out of Brazil; it was his tireless running that allowed the likes of Falcao, Zico and Socrates to light up the 82 World Cup. With Stefan Effenberg next to him adding further bite with his tigerish (excuse the pun) tackling and boundless determination, this is a partnership that will dominate most midfield battles, simultaneously shielding the defence and offering a superb platform for the attacking quartet to work their magic.

In front of them is Gianni Rivera, an elegant playmaker who could pass the ball superbly as well as possessing an eye for goal (164 goals for Milan in 658 matches), undisputedly one of the all time greats and winner of the Ballon D'Or in 1969. As mentioned, the defensive work of the pair behind him will give him the time and space to pull the strings; the constant movement, pace and intelligence of the trio ahead of him allowing him to demonstrate his full range of passing.

Attack

This frontline is a terrifying prospect for any defence, a whirlwind of flair, pace and finishing. Leo Messi who requires no introduction plays his favoured central role. No matter how tightly he is marked, often he requires only a fraction of a second and an inch of space to deliver a devastating blow; quite simply the greatest player of all time. His mere presence should create space for his team mates to run into. On the left is another Barcelona legend in Stoichkov who will have a field day in that extra space. The same applies to Willington Ortiz, considered one of the greatest South American players ever (voted 17th in the 2004 IFFHS poll of the greatest South Americans of the 20th century). He was a skillful forward/winger who combined pace, excellent dribbling ability and cool finishing to help Columbian side America de Cali to three consecutive Copa Libertadores finals between 1985-87.

As a unit, all three players are able to play across the front line or drop deep, allowing for constant interchanging to drag defenders out of position. Should opposition defences push out too high their runs will be picked out by the vision of Rivera or Effenberg, with Messi and Stoichkov also capable of playing telling passes. Against deeper defences they are equally comfortable running at defenders, capable of producing a moment of individual brilliance or combining with incisive one touch passing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:46:37 pm by KingLuis05 »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Re: Complainers Draft - Final Set of Group Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:41:48 pm »
I already know that I've lost to hazell. He demolished lobo who I drew with. Simple logic.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:11:53 pm »
Lethal
Hazell
KingLuis
Tomo
Saint
Flon

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:49 am »
The quarter finals draw:

Winner of Group 1 vs Best Runner-up
Winner of Group 2 vs 2nd Best Runner-up
Winner of Group 3 vs Winner of Group 4
Winner of Group 5 vs Winner of Group 6

How it stands:

Group 1:

The winner of the Lethal vs Debarshee fixture takes the top spot. The loser can still go through as a runner-up.

Group 2:

Hazell leads the way on 3 points. A win for him against Sir Psycho Sexy would seal first place. Only a win for Sir Psycho Sexy will see him through, he needs at least 3 points to be in contention for a runner-up spot.

Group 3:

The winner pf the Rob K vs KingLuis fixture takes first place. The loser can still go through as a runner-up.

Group 4:

The winnner of the Tomaldinho vs Crixalis fixture takes first place. The loser can still go through as a runner-up.

Group 5:

Rosso is through in first place, with 6 points out of 6. Saint Kopite and Lawnmowerman battle it out for 2nd spot, with both teams still in with a chance of progressing as best runners-up.

Group 6:

Crosby Nick has wrapped up the group with 6 points from his to 2 games. Whispering Death and Flon can still progress as runners-up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:15:52 am by KingLuis05 »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »
Fucking proper little boys club this. You're all c*nts!!

;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
 ;D

Personally think it'd work better if there wasn't a poll, and you have to type out who you vote for.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Whispering Death

• ....but call me Ishmael....moby.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Samie are you okay? Are you okay Samie?
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »
;D

Personally think it'd work better if there wasn't a poll, and you have to type out who you vote for.

I wish I was in the same group as you mate.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 12:49:03 pm »
And I wish you'd drop the charade, but lifes a shithouse.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Whispering Death

• ....but call me Ishmael....moby.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Samie are you okay? Are you okay Samie?
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51:37 pm »
Nothing personal bro, chill!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 02:16:26 pm »
Fucking proper little boys club this. You're all c*nts!!

;)

You say that but this is my first Draft in quite a while and I'm home and hosed. Maybe they just don't like you? ;)

That said, I'm sure that can't be the case, not with someone as likeable as yourself. By the way, did you see that I'm up against the professional Manc in the next round. I heard a rumour thr other day that Rosso is actually Terry Chriostian. Pass it on.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »
;D

That's actually not the worst idea.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:30 pm »
You say that but this is my first Draft in quite a while and I'm home and hosed. Maybe they just don't like you? ;)

That said, I'm sure that can't be the case, not with someone as likeable as yourself. By the way, did you see that I'm up against the professional Manc in the next round. I heard a rumour thr other day that Rosso is actually Terry Chriostian. Pass it on.

I thought this was beneath you Rox?  But it seems even the good one's aren't afraid to fight a bit dirty.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »

I thought this was beneath you Rox?  But it seems even the good one's aren't afraid to fight a bit dirty.
All's fair in love and Drafting my friend.

I haven't been that underhand have I? In all recent Drafts it seems Rosso has done well and his difficult background has been sympathetically ignored. Which is only fair.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35:38 pm »
Not at all mate the manc card is always played with Rosso when it comes to the business end of drafts.  ;D

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »
:D

Consistent semi-final progress in recent drafts - with a Manc-handicap - is testament to this discerning, distinguished and downright convivial forum. Consider my cap doffed, fine gentlemen.

Vote for Rosso!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 03:46:41 pm »
You say that but this is my first Draft in quite a while and I'm home and hosed.
The mask slips. Loveable nice Nick, sound he is. Rubbing it in and kicking folk when they're down. Fucking Lotso

Maybe they just don't like you? ;)
Obviously, no idea why, but i'll just like to reiterate once again, YOU'RE ALL c*nts!!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »
The mask slips. Loveable nice Nick, sound he is. Rubbing it in and kicking folk when they're down. Fucking Lotso

;D Rumbled!