Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 327564 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
« Reply #3240 on: March 29, 2023, 05:30:59 pm »
Let's see if the journos also ask players especially Americans about women's reproductive rights, gay rights, kids getting murdered in schools, oppression of minorities, workers rights, US military actions abroad, Guantanamo Bay etc (all state/fed gov authorised). But they won't. What about Polish or Hungarian players? Literally two countries that is closer to authoritarian than a democracy. No, this isn't whataboutism, it just shows the hypocrisy in all of this. Selective outrage when it's best.

You forgot capital punishment.

No journalist would broach this as it's beyond the bounds of thinkable thought, as Chomsky would say.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: March 29, 2023, 05:49:17 pm »
Well the US is hosting the WC '26 and Hungary is hosting this season Europa League final

Ok, and I hope that the media point out the endemic racism of American society, its extreme wealth divisions, and high levels of gun violence. The more that such things are spoken of, the more pressure for real action. And some journalists might well do so. Why that should mean that they can't speak about the ills of Qatari society in the meantime, I have no idea.

I'd welcome a world where Qatari journalists came back and said, well, sure, those are our issues, but what about yours? Of course, they'd probably be executed for doing so in their home country.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: March 29, 2023, 07:23:16 pm »
Maybe it was out of 100  :o

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #3243 on: June 5, 2023, 12:41:56 am »

Retires.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #3244 on: June 5, 2023, 02:23:49 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C8Xy-l-ULTc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C8Xy-l-ULTc</a>

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3245 on: June 5, 2023, 03:16:03 pm »
I don't know how many Swedes are in here, but I am curious about something. I was living in Stockholm in the early 00s, and there was this commercial featuring Zlatan for an aspirin called Iprin. It had a very pale little person in a pill costume who sang this song (minus the loops and dots over the vowels):

"Jag ar Iprin, den intelligenta varktableten"

Anyone from Sweden remember that? I can't find it on YT, but it was so fucking funny.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Gorra

• Kemlynite
  • beavinalaff!
« Reply #3246 on: June 5, 2023, 03:22:22 pm »
I don't know how many Swedes are in here, but I am curious about something. I was living in Stockholm in the early 00s, and there was this commercial featuring Zlatan for an aspirin called Iprin. It had a very pale little person in a pill costume who sang this song (minus the loops and dots over the vowels):

"Jag ar Iprin, den intelligenta varktableten"

Anyone from Sweden remember that? I can't find it on YT, but it was so fucking funny.

Type “Iprenmannen” on YT and you’ll find it 🙂. No Zlatan though….

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3247 on: June 5, 2023, 03:48:26 pm »
Type “Iprenmannen” on YT and you’ll find it 🙂. No Zlatan though….

Cheers, mate  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3248 on: June 5, 2023, 06:21:51 pm »
Ibrahimovic thanked his family, the club, teammates, coaches, directors, staff and, “last but not least”, the fans, promising them they would “catch me around, if you’re lucky!” At one point he interrupted his flow to respond to Verona supporters trying to drown him out from the away section. “Go on, whistle,” he goaded. “Seeing me is the best moment of your year.”
Haha, tough for the Verona lads to come back from that one.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: June 6, 2023, 01:49:09 am »
A footballing genius overflowing with charisma, though I get why he rubs so many people the wrong way. He retires in the top 30 goalscorers of all time, easily in the top 15 if you ignore joke leagues, and he's scored more spectacular goals than almost anyone in history.

One of those few players who you feel could have dominated in any era, and it would have been amazing to see a top-class team built around him the same way Messi and Ronaldo had, or to see him play in the Premier League around his peak. Also one of those players, like Suarez or Neymar, who'd have had a great shot at one or more Ballon d'ors if they didn't have those two to compete against.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: June 6, 2023, 08:53:28 am »
One of the biggest pricks in football. Could never stand any of the bullshit around him and his egotistical comments. Fantastic player, no doubt about that, but I could never stand him

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3251 on: June 6, 2023, 09:16:44 am »
I could never make up my mind about this guy, and truth be told I still can't. Undoubtedly an excellent striker with an enormous presence, but if you look through his goal record, there's quite a few inconsistencies. There's also the fact that he played professionally for 9 different clubs with his average stint at any one club being only 3 seasons. I mean, if he was really as great as some people (and indeed himself) make out, then why were so many clubs happy to shift him on? 

For me, I guess I'd put him in the same bracket as Berbatov, Batistuta, Drogba, etc. An excellent player at his peak, but not really deserving of all time greatness   
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3252 on: June 6, 2023, 09:27:53 am »
I think he's a complete fucking gobshite.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3253 on: June 6, 2023, 09:35:41 am »
He's a bellend, but he leans into it loads too.  And football fans love a bit of a bellend maverick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3254 on: June 6, 2023, 09:43:21 am »
I mean, if he was really as great as some people (and indeed himself) make out, then why were so many clubs happy to shift him on?

You're assuming that him leaving a club is because the club wanted to move him on.

In most cases he signed contracts and then left either as they expired or as they had about a year left when he moved for a reduced fee. It was a career well orchestrated by Raiola to enrich Zlatan with suge signing on fees (incidentally, I see a similar career path for Haaland in the future).

At Juve he was moved on when they were relegated to Serie B post-calciopoli.

At Inter he moved on when he had a year remaining and Barca (the best team in the world at the time) came knocking.

At Barca he famously didn't see eye-to-eye with Guardiola and was moved on after one season.

At Milan he left for the obscene riches at PSG. He finished his final season as Serie A as top scorer.

He did ran his contract down at PSG to join Man Utd.

He ran his contract down at Man Utd to join LA Galaxy.

He ran his contract down at LA Galaxy to rejoin Man Utd.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3255 on: June 6, 2023, 10:07:55 am »
I was really impressed with him at Man Utd actually. I wasn’t expecting very much from him at that stage but he came in and he was clearly on a different level to everyone else, like a dad joining in a kids’ kickabout. Reminded me of when they signed Larsson, or we signed McAllister I suppose.

I never saw enough of him at his prime but his overhead kick vs England alone does make him an all-timer to be honest. Ridiculous thing to take on.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #3256 on: June 6, 2023, 10:41:25 am »
Hugely talented prick with a humility bypass. Couldnt give a fuck if he's retiring. Fuck off already.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: June 6, 2023, 10:55:13 am »
He's an egotistical prick, but can largely back it up, and leans so far into it that I have to respect the commitment to the bit.

Also I much rather a self centered prick than one that's a prick for more insidious reasons (which as far as I am aware Ibrahimovic doesn't have, he just loves himself - or plays up that persona at least)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: June 6, 2023, 10:59:36 am »
He would've been a great boxer, he's hugely marketable and can sell ice to an eskimo. Promoters eat that shit up.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: June 6, 2023, 12:14:02 pm »
Amazing player, scored goals wherever he's been and he had ridiculous technique for such a tall player.

I like the Zlatan persona, I always found it funny, plus he saw through Guardiola.

Love that story about Ped telling him we like to be humble at Barca blah blah blah, We don't drive flashy sports cars to training, I think Zlatan ended up driving to training everyday in a Fiat 500, that stopped as soon as Ped dropped him and started playing Messi as a false 9, Zlatan started rolling into training everyday in a brand new Lambo or Ferrari. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."