Author Topic: Counterfeit Warrior Kit Advice needed  (Read 3557 times)

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
Counterfeit Warrior Kit Advice needed
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »
Friend from work purchased a Home Kit over the internet from what he thought was a genuine supplier. All official badges as well as official pictures were used on the website.

He s received a letter yesterday from Liverpool saying his goods were fake and they have been detained by the border agency. They also want notification that they can destroy the goods by the 16/11 (considering he got the letter yesterday) otherwise they will take him to court.

Has this happened to anyone before? Or anyone know who to contact at the club regarding this? Surely they would want to know who is supplying these fake shirts. Mate is resigned to losing the money on it anyways.

Thanks.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Counterfeit Warrior Kit Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »
if he bought using a credit card he can claim to his credit card company that he didnt know it was a fake should at least get his money back

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:18 pm »
Cheers. He has the money back. Tried to ring the legal team at Liverpool but they had all gone home by half two. They've even dated his letter wrong. Such a good job our legal team is top notch...

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
Yeah, a guy at work bought three knock off jerseys online from soccer triads (I think), an LA galaxy, and united one and a LFC home top. Hes a united fan, got the LFC for another fella. I told them off about not buying official gear - money doesnt go to club, etc - and he got the letter last week. He received the other 2 tops but not the LFC one! I have no sympathy for him as he's a manc supporter!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd