Author Topic: Suarez on Uruguayan Radio  (Read 16266 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Suarez on Uruguayan Radio
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »
A manc friend of mine says he hopes Suarez has coins thrown at him Saturday, which is nice.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41 on: February 9, 2012, 01:11:38 pm »
A manc friend of mine says he hopes Suarez has coins thrown at him Saturday, which is nice.

Serves you right for having a Manc friend. I had some once. Fucked them all off. Wankers.

I know a few now but I make it clear I only suffer them because their stupidness amuses me.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 9, 2012, 01:12:05 pm »

He probably will have things thrown at him and my guess is he'll probably be accused of taunting ManU fans.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: February 9, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
He probably will have things thrown at him and my guess is he'll probably be accused of taunting ManU fans.

If he feels anything then he should go down and get stretchered off. The official would have to abandon the game and NATO would have to come in and level the ground with Daisycutters and Napalm once the crowd had cleared and the Manchester United players would be melted down for glue while their manager would be sent off to a small Island off the Orkney Isles to live in a cave with a slipper and a goat called Ian.

Probably.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: February 9, 2012, 01:19:30 pm »

various writers have already prepared the way for manu fans to be relieved of all responsibility when he inevitably gets a 'warm' reception...  ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9067440/Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez-is-to-blame-if-he-is-given-hostile-reception-at-Old-Trafford-says-anti-racism-chief.html

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 9, 2012, 01:19:43 pm »

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #46 on: February 9, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »
various writers have already prepared the way for manu fans to be relieved of all responsibility when he inevitably gets a 'warm' reception...  ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9067440/Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez-is-to-blame-if-he-is-given-hostile-reception-at-Old-Trafford-says-anti-racism-chief.html

Na, I dont agree they are trying to make excuses here at all, rightly or wrongly we do have to move on, but we all know Utd fans are going to
give him stick, as would we if it were the other way round.
The club could of handled the whole episode so much better in my opinion.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #47 on: February 9, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »
If he feels anything then he should go down and get stretchered off. The official would have to abandon the game and NATO would have to come in and level the ground with Daisycutters and Napalm once the crowd had cleared and the Manchester United players would be melted down for glue while their manager would be sent off to a small Island off the Orkney Isles to live in a cave with a slipper and a goat called Ian.

Probably.

:lmao

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2012, 01:58:47 pm »

“It’s important we move on because this has been going on for months now,”

He then goes on to describe the case and his interpretation of it in graphic detail - we're never gonna move on if people like him keep doing interviews on the subject.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »
Na, I dont agree they are trying to make excuses here at all, rightly or wrongly we do have to move on, but we all know Utd fans are going to
give him stick, as would we if it were the other way round.
The club could of handled the whole episode so much better in my opinion.

personally i think it is pretty clear what the message is from the article headline, and it continues in the same vein what with the "understanding" given by the anti-racism chief if the crowd boo the mixed-race player!

Think suarez will take it in his stride, and if anyone will score for us on the weekend, it is very likely to be him...

i#m not entirely sure how "similar" the terry and suarez cases are, either

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2012, 04:07:04 pm »
It was in response to a poster saying that Evra was obviously telling the truth when clearly he wasn't Evra's evidence had more holes in it that a Swiss cheese. This is the fella that told the FA that a Chelsea groundsman chased him with a lawnmower and tried to cut his legs when the CCTV proved he was lying through his teeth.

As for letting it go Kenny doesn't want to let it go and Luis doesn't want to let it go.

The Club and Luis might of handled the situation badly but that doesn't change the the way the FA setup a kangaroo court and shafted Suarez. If you want to bury that then fine but there are clearly some of us who don't. The FA and the media have an agenda against Suarez and bending over and pretending it isn't happening is no way to deal with it.

I am sure that everyone at the club is still pissed off about what happened and maybe wishes they had handled things differently, but like it or not the time has come to put it all behind us.

Kenny's recent comments about the forthcoming game show that the club now want to move on from this and that is what supporters need to do too -

"I'm sure people will want to talk about Luis Suarez, but he accepted his ban, served his suspension and returned against Spurs on Monday. It's time for all of us to draw a line under what happened and move forward.

People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

What's done is done.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #51 on: February 9, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »
He will certainly have all sorts thrown at him this weekend but fans are allowed to do it, nothing happens, anyone remember the derby?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #52 on: February 9, 2012, 04:22:31 pm »
I am sure that everyone at the club is still pissed off about what happened and maybe wishes they had handled things differently, but like it or not the time has come to put it all behind us.

Kenny's recent comments about the forthcoming game show that the club now want to move on from this and that is what supporters need to do too -

"I'm sure people will want to talk about Luis Suarez, but he accepted his ban, served his suspension and returned against Spurs on Monday. It's time for all of us to draw a line under what happened and move forward.

People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

What's done is done.

You can move on if you wish but every time I hear someone call Luis a racist I will tell them that he isn't, I will tell them that both Evra and the FA have said he isn't and like Kenny I will tell them he should never of been banned.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: February 9, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »
You can move on if you wish but every time I hear someone call Luis a racist I will tell them that he isn't, I will tell them that both Evra and the FA have said he isn't and like Kenny I will tell them he should never of been banned.

Agree 100% and will continue to do the same too. When others let it rest so will I - but while the press and rival fans continue to malign I'll continue to defend.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #54 on: February 9, 2012, 04:41:39 pm »
He will certainly have all sorts thrown at him this weekend but fans are allowed to do it, nothing happens, anyone remember the derby?

Yup. That was pretty bad.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #55 on: February 9, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »

Strangely enough so do I (as long as they miss and are of a reasonable value), its about time some other fans got some press coverage that matches ours
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #56 on: February 9, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »
 Ged Grebby from the Telegraph, says that he should say "I hold my hands up, I said it. I didn’t realise it was wrong’"

Pretty much what he did I think, still got crucified.

'It' being a big word.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »

Yeh, did anything come of that ?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »
It's time everyone stopped talking about this.  Every one at the club should now adopt a 'no comment' stance to UK and foreign media and make it clear we are going to move on.

It happened, he has served his ban and is now playing again. 

The most important thing now is not Evra, not the FA but whether Suarez is going to start sticking a few goals in the net and helping us climb up the table.

Disagree

We'll be talking about it after every other game when the lad plays away.

Funny how a newspaper can omit one comment from an interview. Especially when that comment is the most important comment in the interview.

Hope this gets dragged through Parlaiment and the FA get shown up for the cranks they really are. As it's important to not only expose the shite being thrown against Luis, it's also critical to expose and remove the agenda against this club.

So whilst I'd love to sweep this under the carpet it can't be - purely on the grounds of the integrity of Liverpool Football Club

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 9, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »
more relevant one was the time bellamy nearly had his eye taken out by one of the vermin in the CC semi in 2010

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #60 on: February 9, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »
Suárez told the Uruguayan station Radio Sport 890: "I know against United it is going to be tense because I'm going to face Evra. But I'm used to having fans whistle at me. I hope nothing unusual happens. I'll have to forget what happened for that moment.

"I do know Man United fans are going to try to make me feel uncomfortable. But I have to tell them, they are going to spur me on if they whistle at me."

The 25-year-old also expressed his dismay with the way the incident was handled.

"I knew what I did and there is a kind of football law that says: 'What happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch and that's the end of the story.'

No link or article relating to this then?

Might help considering the subject matter.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 9, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »
I have a horrible feeling about Saturday. He'll get shit pelted at him, lumps kicked out of him - I just hope some lunatic doesn't take it too far.

Probably the first Liverpool game I don't especially want to watch.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #62 on: February 9, 2012, 08:19:46 pm »
The jump from:

"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened. As the saying goes, what happens on the field stays on the field."

To

"I knew what I did and there is a kind of football law that says: 'What happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch and that's the end of the story.'

Is incredible.

They've written the story to portray him as accepting he was knowingly racist and thinks Evra shouldn't have dared complian. When actually he was saying he knew he wasn't racist and won't say more because what was said on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Incredible. It's victimisation and should not be tolerated.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2012, 08:22:18 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #63 on: February 9, 2012, 08:23:48 pm »
I have a horrible feeling about Saturday. He'll get shit pelted at him, lumps kicked out of him - I just hope some lunatic doesn't take it too far.

Probably the first Liverpool game I don't especially want to watch.
Oh how I hope the lad scores 2 or 3, will go mental. This will show how strong Luis is and future away games will be a piece of piss. Get the worst out of the way and we don't have to go back to Grey Skull until next season when those small minded fuckers will have another worst enemy to try to victimise, allegedly.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #64 on: February 9, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
The jump from:

To

Is incredible.

They've written the story to portray him as accepting he was knowingly racist and thinks Evra shouldn't have dared complian. When actually he was saying he knew he wasn't racist and won't say more because what was said on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Incredible. It's victimisation and should not be tolerated.

Yeah. Really. Really. Really Incredible. No. Really. No. Honestly it is.

As you've seen on RAWK - you have to be a nutjob to think the media have got some kind of agenda.

So yeah. Incredible. Yeah. That must be it.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #65 on: February 9, 2012, 08:25:44 pm »
Anyone know the ref for Saturday? If it's Plebb I have a spare.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #66 on: February 9, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »
Yeah. Really. Really. Really Incredible. No. Really. No. Honestly it is.

As you've seen on RAWK - you have to be a nutjob to think the media have got some kind of agenda.

So yeah. Incredible. Yeah. That must be it.

Before it was reporting on egg shells for fear of looking racist. This is blatant lying to make him look like he's admitting it.

Despite what's gone before - I still can't believe how this has been reported.

It's the same way in the Daily Post for fucks sake. Our fucking paper.
Long live the King

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67 on: February 9, 2012, 08:35:57 pm »
Before it was reporting on egg shells for fear of looking racist. This is blatant lying to make him look like he's admitting it.

Despite what's gone before - I still can't believe how this has been reported.

It's the same way in the Daily Post for fucks sake. Our fucking paper.

You can't believe how it has been reported?

Seriously?

It's been going on for fucking 30 odd years.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #68 on: February 9, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »
The best thing that can happen on Saturday is for him to bang a goal or two in, that will shut everyone up - including the press hangers on.

In the meantime they are suffering from stiff wrists after all that wanking in the Capello - Redknapp fallout.

I watched the Greatest Managers in Football programme that was on Sky the other day, the great man Shanks was being featured. I wonder what he would have made of this whole situation?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #69 on: February 9, 2012, 09:27:41 pm »
You can't believe how it has been reported?

Seriously?

It's been going on for fucking 30 odd years.

Sad but true

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #70 on: February 9, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »
The best thing that can happen on Saturday is for him to bang a goal or two in, that will shut everyone up - including the press hangers on.

In the meantime they are suffering from stiff wrists after all that wanking in the Capello - Redknapp fallout.

I watched the Greatest Managers in Football programme that was on Sky the other day, the great man Shanks was being featured. I wonder what he would have made of this whole situation?

I don't think it will shut everyone up.

Everyone seems petrified of Liverpool becoming successful once more.  Whilst Hodgepodge was here it was all relaxed.  Garth Crooks actually celebrated a last minute winner verses Bolton because suddenly, Liverpool were no harm.  They had an Englishman at the helm and there was about as much chance as me winning the lottery as Liverpool winning the league.

Suddenly, we have a manager who can take us forward.  He knows what the club and the fans are about.  Suddenly we don't have our media friendly Hodgepodge who was completely out of his depth but rolled over for Slurge and the media.  Suddenly that manager who knew everything but had a slight language barrier and couldn't quite handle the media has sadly gone.....but in his place, we have a manager who knows the crack and has no language barrier - a manager who can take the media on.  The last 12 months, you can sense the fear.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that this Evra v Suarez situation was staged.  I'm sure it was unfortunate - but the red faced old buffoon down the M62 took full advantage.  Because he cares for his player?  Not a fucking chance.  He hates Liverpool more than he loves Evra.  He spotted an opportunity to prevent progress by Liverpool.  That opportunity would further tarnish Liverpool Football Club in the eyes of the world.

Top and bottom of it is that the media and Ferguson could not give a shite about racism.  The former obsessed by profit - the latter obsessed by LIverpool Football Club.  The media sell more papers and get more viewers in Salford and the Govan Tramp helps prevent progress of Liverpool.  Like Kenny says, if you can't stop him on the field - stop him off it.

Anyone who believes that accepting the charge will make the media and Bacon Face lay off are very deluded.  I was initially disappointed at the club accepting the charge but, having seen what Steve Rotheram has done, it might not be a bad thing.  However, it needs to go to the end if Liverpool Football Club are to have any chance of rising to the top once more.

This case must be shown up for what it is - not just an attack on just Luis Suarez, but an attack on Liverpool Football Club and Kenny Dalglish.

I'm very much with Andy @ Allerton's beliefs.  After this season if anyone can hand on heart suggest that there is no agenda against Liverpool Football Club then they either do not watch the game,  completely block the media out or completely accept the media's brainwashing.

Is it paranoia?

Banging in a few goals would be amusing and satisfying.  An end to it?  Not a chance!

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #71 on: February 9, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »
Anyone know the ref for Saturday? If it's Plebb I have a spare.

Someone on another thread said Dowd?

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 9, 2012, 10:00:31 pm »
Yeh, did anything come of that ?

Completely swept under the carpet wasn't it? Bizarre.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."