Author Topic: Liverpool pick up extension for new Stanley Park stadium from council  (Read 28417 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Liverpool pick up extension for new Stanley Park stadium from council
« Reply #120 on: October 1, 2011, 08:11:05 am »
Anyone who talks about groundshare is like a christian fundametalist going on about creationism...no mattter what evidence is placed before them rubbishing it, they stoically refuse to accept it...and will never stop believing..whether its through hope or fear I dont know....but I tell you this if enough of them bang on about it , theres always a pliable mob who will think....maybe..

Just for the record LCC will do well to survive as a competent organisation over the next 3 years ..never mind bringing anything to the table in terms of land or finance for a ground share ..the main politicions may desire it...and thats the key here, there are enough people in the local media and politics who keep this story bubbling away....if LCC where a football club they'd be Everton!! ( in everysense!)

There is only one player here...LFC...and the owners know what they're dealing with, you dont share one of your main financial engines with a competitor ...and thats the ground.

I think the last sentence has to be qualified. Football clubs aren't strictly competitors in the usual sense. Premier League Football requires 20 clubs with some level of competitiveness to make it an attractive business (the number could change but the principle is the same).

Allowing Everton to be a tenant wouldn't necessarily make their position stronger. As tenants they would avoid capital investment but for it to make sense for Liverpool FC, the club would have to charge Everton a premium over and above the development costs and running costs, otherwise we'd be making a loss on the deal. We'd also be taking a cut of their retail margins for food, beverages, hospitality and other retail income. In theory the costs per match go down because the stadium is used for twice as many matches but that could have an impact on other costs and unless they have a requirement for a 60,000+ seater ground they could be paying for a share of 20,000 seats they'd wouldn't fill on a regular basis.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #121 on: October 2, 2011, 06:21:16 am »
If Everton were a tenant at a new Liverpool FC stadium, all their payments to us should be collected by John Henry, dressed in period clothing as John Houlding.

Just like old times.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #122 on: October 2, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »
News on a New Stadium weeks away according to Wayne on YNWA.TV.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 2, 2011, 09:27:00 pm »

how many

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #124 on: October 2, 2011, 10:36:31 pm »
Does that mean "many" weeks away or "just" weeks away?

Barrett said two weeks in the times apparently.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #125 on: October 3, 2011, 09:37:16 am »
is wayne a reliable source
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 3, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »
Alan Kayall on TLW saying the club have plans  for a 63k extension of anfield.

Cost approx £130m

The club need help from the council with redevelopment etc to do this and would also need help with compulsory purchase schemes.

Alan is very well connected, so I would be surprised if he isn't correct here.  Whether it goes ahead or not wil depend on the council and regeneration of the area I guess.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: October 3, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »
It's no surprise they have plans for an extension as Werner said as much, plus it would be impossible to fully look at the possibility of doing a redev without these.

So for me this in not new news unless the council have now indicated they will do the required work to make this happen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 3, 2011, 06:13:24 pm »
It's no surprise they have plans for an extension as Werner said as much, plus it would be impossible to fully look at the possibility of doing a redev without these.

So for me this in not new news unless the council have now indicated they will do the required work to make this happen.
It seems that there has been movement with the council, but god knows what or in what direction.
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #129 on: October 3, 2011, 06:36:10 pm »
Just been and read what he has out, dont think he indicates the council have changed their mind at all, unless I missed that post.

From what he says the club needs somewhere like 150 houses purchased by CPO (90 odd owned by Arena and the rest private owners who will want top dollar).

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #130 on: October 3, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »
Nicely tucked away in the local and national media Tom Werner says a ground share is 'dead'....He's the Chairman of LFC.....will the media let that story be the end of it?....lets see

Edit: Ooops wrong thread!
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 07:05:01 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2011, 09:39:00 am »
Does that mean "many" weeks away or "just" weeks away?

Barrett said two weeks in the times apparently.

As in Just weeks away .
He is reliable but so is Alan Kayll, so who knows ?

Can we not put in 2 Planning Applications at the same time ?
One for regen one for New build ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: October 4, 2011, 10:03:48 am »
What would be the point given the large costs of getting a project like this to planning stage?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: October 4, 2011, 10:31:26 am »
Is Redasever on there Peter off here?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 4, 2011, 10:43:35 am »
ive no idea. someone said he debates a lot with xerxes here.

http://petermcgurk.blogspot.com/2011/09/greater-anfield.html#!/2011/09/greater-anfield.html

ive just started reading this so i dunno how good or shite it is

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #136 on: October 4, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »

Looks like it
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 4, 2011, 12:49:39 pm »
Yep is xerxes and McGurk again.

Not sure why you'd follow xerxes just to continue a pointless cyclical argueme t, but there you go.
W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 4, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »

Not sure why you'd follow xerxes just to continue a pointless cyclical argueme t, but there you go.
youd be surprised. one guy on the lfc.tv forums registered on 2 boards just to read my stuff. he was reading my posts on 3 different boards

talk about obsession

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 4, 2011, 05:31:29 pm »

I didn't follow him. I've been there a long time. I was on it before I was on here and when I thought it was important to hide behind a username. I'm elsewhere as well. Any and all info sources are useful. To be honest, taking him on has helped to strengthen the arguments.

He jumped over there about six months ago??? I wish he would just f*ck off now.  Best thing to do is ignore him but he presented such wonderful opportunities to dig around in the nitty gritty. Boring for everyone else though and the argument is over - redevelopment is better.

I hope the blog stuff above covers all the old stuff at the right level of detail, isn't boring and brings it up to date with the new, so I don't have to repeat myself endlessly anywhere. We live in hope...

BTW if you want to start at the start go here. If you bother to look at it, remember it's a passion not a job but at least I have a working understanding of how it all fits together.

I absolutely know a redevelopment is better for the club and frankly it seems the club agrees with me. The battle has moved on from the cyclical rehashing of numbers, whether redevelopment was technically possible or not and bloody naming rights and the like. The thing now is to get council to see the possibilities. Don't think I haven't been or I am not trying. Maybe it's not my job but so what - it's my club.

« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 06:12:14 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 4, 2011, 06:06:17 pm »
Fair enough, it makes sense that he followed you.

Can't help but think your plea will fall on deaf ears though, he enjoys an argument so much that he would chew the leg off an elephant to try to prove his point.
W