Author Topic: Uber loses London Licence  (Read 20285 times)

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Uber loses London Licence
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2017, 09:29:03 am »
Are you happy for the country to have tax cuts, a deregulated market and no protections if it brings in more jobs?
are you happy to have tax increases, more regulation and less jobs  I.e less tax revenue = less money for public services such as schools, health care etc?

Most companies are fucking twats , you and everyone one on here are probably typing on a computer or wearing cloths, that at some point exploited children - stop with the hypocracy eh

Or how far to we take it? Ban all apple products, Samsung products, Nike products etc ?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:32:14 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2017, 09:39:54 am »
Most companies are fucking twats

Bit fucking hypocritical of you....

Also good to know people are very happy to tarnish the vast majority of good drivers who do Uber without a problem, because 30 or so scum bags

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2017, 09:41:14 am »
Bit fucking hypocritical of you....

the drivers do not = the company.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2017, 09:55:51 am »
the drivers do not = the company.

No, the fact you went off on someone tarnishing every Uber employee because of a small number, yet then go on to tarnish "most" companies as twats based on the actions of a few.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »
Personally I'm in the bus of wanting Uber to stay in London, for me since I first used them while living in Paris they have been a breath of fresh air and I wouldn't go near a normal cab since and there are many reasons for that.

Mainly for me it's extremely difficult to get scammed now. The driver is toothless in trying to drive a long way, change the fair or any other shady trick that has happened to many people especially in foreign cities where scamming tourists is so common. If that happens you are immediately refunded by uber anyway.

I take Uber's everywhere I travel and in London as they are so reliable, safe and obviously cheaper too. Not to mention I can track the car if my girlfriend is coming home late, no money needs to change hands ever and I can call one if stuck anywhere at anytime and it'll be there in seconds even if I don't know the city or have access to local cab firms numbers.

They are not perfect and hopefully things will improve but would take an Uber over the chance of being scammed or massively overcharged every single day of the week.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2017, 01:02:16 pm »
are you happy to have tax increases, more regulation and less jobs  I.e less tax revenue = less money for public services such as schools, health care etc?

Most companies are fucking twats , you and everyone one on here are probably typing on a computer or wearing cloths, that at some point exploited children - stop with the hypocracy eh

Or how far to we take it? Ban all apple products, Samsung products, Nike products etc ?

Why can there not be a balance? Why can Uber fuck off every standard? There is a set of standards that they havent adhered to and got punished for. Why should we let them off?

To answer your first point, yes. I want a set of regulations enforced, I want companies and indviduals to pay more tax and I want the government to intervene and for the state to prioritise busiessness here.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2017, 06:33:11 pm »
Yes of course it was, I'm lost here...

It has its own Mayor and is run by the City of London Corporation
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »
Considering I work and travel within its boundaries every day, I'm fully aware of what the city of London and the corporation is, I asked why the tax take of the City would be excluded from the 'London' tax receipts mentioned in the article, the piece nor your map suggest it is.

The London economy is also greater than just the city as it is, where do you think people like me who can't afford to live near work so reside between zones 2 and 5 spend their wages?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:26:06 pm by J_Kopite »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2017, 07:27:04 pm »
Considering I work and travel within its boundaries every day, I'm fully aware of what the city of London and the corporation is, I asked why the tax take of the City would be excluded from the 'London' tax receipts mentioned in the article, the piece nor your map suggest it is.

Then I don't understand why you were lost to begin with.

Intentionally so maybe.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:40 pm »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, my point was the city (and therefore the tax it generates) is included within the London region because that's where its located and the statistics reflect that.

Saying otherwise is akin to arguing 'don't count tourist revenue in Paris' or 'ignore the business local pubs receive on a match day at Anfield' which is what I thought you were saying. Again apologies if that's wrong.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »
You can always tell when you are driving behind an an Uber cab, the driver hasn't got a fucking clue where he's going. A neighbour drives a private hire and Uber is killing him. Its because Uber drivers can work outside their licenced areas, so we have cabs from all over Cheshire, Merseyside, Lancashire and even Cumbria working in our area. I hate it as its costing locals their livelihoods.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2017, 11:06:27 pm »

Taxi-hailing app firm Uber has lost an appeal against a ruling that its drivers should be treated as workers rather than self-employed.

The firm said it would appeal against this latest ruling, too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41940018

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2017, 08:03:21 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41940018

Fantastic news. No doubt Uber will put out their sob story. The more that is done to get rid of this company or force it to change (it wont as it doesnt want to), the better.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2017, 10:44:15 pm »
Just breaking Uber was hacked and  data of 57 Million customers was stolen the hack happened in 2016
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 1, 2018, 07:10:49 pm »
Good.

Only used Uber twice because the local firm went shit, but we've a decent one now so won't use them. The out of area drivers is the worst bit, got picked up from Manchester airport by a Knowsley MBC cab, around here you know if the cab in front of you is uber because they have no clue where they are going. For example we get Wigan, Rochdale, Bolton, Oldham, Macclesfield and Stoke cabs working by ours, robbing work from local drivers who live in the area.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 1, 2018, 07:11:39 pm »
Good.
I'm Sure all those people and their families will be  thrilled at losing their income.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 1, 2018, 07:35:50 pm »
I'm Sure all those people and their families will be  thrilled at losing their income.

Its not the individual people that there is a problem against, but the company itself. No one should want organisations like them operating here.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #180 on: May 1, 2018, 08:08:47 pm »
Only used Uber twice because the local firm went shit, but we've a decent one now so won't use them. The out of area drivers is the worst bit, got picked up from Manchester airport by a Knowsley MBC cab, around here you know if the cab in front of you is uber because they have no clue where they are going. For example we get Wigan, Rochdale, Bolton, Oldham, Macclesfield and Stoke cabs working by ours, robbing work from local drivers who live in the area.

Last year we were after a cab from Woolton to town. Normally about £7 quid. It was a bit busy so couldn't get a private hire and none available so tried Uber who quoted us £16.

Roundly fucked them off and got the bus instead.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 1, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »
Last year we were after a cab from Woolton to town. Normally about £7 quid. It was a bit busy so couldn't get a private hire and none available so tried Uber who quoted us £16.

Roundly fucked them off and got the bus instead.

Last November we were going to see John Bishop at the MEN. Had a meal out first and ordered a local cab to pick us up from the restaurant, fare would be about £12. Cab didn't show and they weren't picking up when we rang - tried the Uber app, fucking £70 they wanted to go into Manchester. Jumped the train for about £14 and got a black cab home.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #182 on: May 1, 2018, 09:55:16 pm »
Last November we were going to see John Bishop at the MEN. Had a meal out first and ordered a local cab to pick us up from the restaurant, fare would be about £12. Cab didn't show and they weren't picking up when we rang - tried the Uber app, fucking £70 they wanted to go into Manchester. Jumped the train for about £14 and got a black cab home.

The beauty of algorithms, hey.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 1, 2018, 10:04:59 pm »
Uber use surge pricing for busy times, can’t really blame them as it gets more drivers out and it’s clear in the app why the price is up and you can choose to accept it or not. A delta from L4 to town is about a fiver, black cab about £8 and an Uber without surge price is around £7. Don’t really know what all the whinging is about in here.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 1, 2018, 11:24:49 pm »
Uber use surge pricing for busy times, can’t really blame them as it gets more drivers out and it’s clear in the app why the price is up and you can choose to accept it or not. A delta from L4 to town is about a fiver, black cab about £8 and an Uber without surge price is around £7. Don’t really know what all the whinging is about in here.

I think it's more to do with the ethics and business practices of the company, as opposed to the fare prices.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 1, 2018, 11:31:49 pm »
Some mental charges on here!!! Used Uber a fair few times. Not that often coz i don’t use cabs often. When I’ve used them Uber has been fine! And cheap! A black cab is stupidly expensive so I try and avoid them . Private hire or Uber have always been cheaper for me.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 2, 2018, 08:16:36 am »
Before I found out where to wait for Uber at Heathrow airport ( they are not allowed to pick up in the same areas as black cabs), it was costing me £56 to take a cab home to west London, about 30 minutes away. Now I pay £20 for uber. I find being ripped off unethical, £56 quid for a half an hour trip. That’s the real crime, not some poor foreigner trying to make a living. 
« Last Edit: May 2, 2018, 08:18:13 am by The North Bank »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 2, 2018, 08:56:25 am »
Before I found out where to wait for Uber at Heathrow airport ( they are not allowed to pick up in the same areas as black cabs), it was costing me £56 to take a cab home to west London, about 30 minutes away. Now I pay £20 for uber. I find being ripped off unethical, £56 quid for a half an hour trip. That’s the real crime, not some poor foreigner trying to make a living. 

Again, its not the drivers people have a problem with. Well, not most of the drivers anyway.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 2, 2018, 03:57:24 pm »
Again, its not the drivers people have a problem with. Well, not most of the drivers anyway.
But it directly effects the drivers more than anyone.

This latest argument the council have put up is hilarious as well.

Out of town drivers - Wait what?! Since when have government/councils decided who a company can hire and where they should live? Are we not one country?
What next, no engineers/Bankers from liverpool, got to be living in Manchester.

The app -  I agree It needs cracking down, in the same way facebook does. They don't seem to be outright banning facebook, google and all the other companies that collect data though do they?

They have been doing reforms lately so hopefully a lot of the stuff is taken care of and hopefully they can continue to "employ people", It just seems though they are finding every little thing to ban them though. Which makes me think its more of a tax revenue and union thing, as apposed to just these collective issues.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 2, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »

Out of town drivers - Wait what?! Since when have government/councils decided who a company can hire and where they should live? Are we not one country?

The app -  I agree It needs cracking down, in the same way facebook does. They don't seem to be outright banning facebook, google and all the other companies that collect data though do they?

They have been doing reforms lately so hopefully a lot of the stuff is taken care of and hopefully they can continue to "employ people", It just seems though they are finding every little thing to ban them though. Which makes me think its more of a tax revenue and union thing, as apposed to just these collective issues.

It does affect the drivers but thats just unfortunate. The more organisations like these we have the more rights of employees are going to be stripped back.

People will always want work, but these and other gig economy organisations threaten to make things just shit for all of us.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 3, 2018, 08:45:10 pm »

When they say out of town, they mean licenced by another council. Like I said, we got picked up from Manchester Airport to go to ours 10 miles up the road by an Uber plated by Knowsley MBC. I've seen Rochdale, Wigan, Bolton, Leigh, Oldham, Stoke on Trent and Macclesfield plated cabs near ours in Manchester, they work the area and don't have a clue where they are going, they rely on Sat Nav to do 2 mile trips. How would you feel if you took a Liverpool or Sefton taxi test and got plated, then cabs from 50/60 miles away were working Liverpool, taking all your fares? My neighbour does private hire of a weekend as there is barely enough work to keep the local drivers going, Uber coming into the area is killing them.

In my experience the surge price was 5 times the cost of a non surge trip. As has been said though, its not the prices or the drivers, its the business practices. The eventual aim of Uber is automated cabs, so that is hundreds of thousands of drivers unemployed.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 08:49:10 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 3, 2018, 10:36:30 pm »
If you think it’s bad here for cabbies New York is miles worse

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/nyregion/new-york-taxi-medallions-uber.html

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #192 on: May 3, 2018, 10:53:05 pm »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 3, 2018, 11:34:24 pm »
Cohen has multiple medallions. Shame.
hopefully he was one of those who bought them at their peak

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 4, 2018, 04:33:16 am »
Cohen has multiple medallions. Shame.
hopefully he was one of those who bought them at their peak
I understand that he has 14 of them. And yes, all bought some time ago (prices peaked at about $1M per medallion, but I don't know what Cohen paid).

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/politics/michael-cohen-taxi-medallion-donald-trump/index.html

Now, consider that Cohen (reportedly) is struggling to pay lawyer fees, had to obtain a loan against his home to pay that $130,000 to Stormy, and according to the article I linked above, is behind on his taxes. It all suggests that he is in a deep financial hole. Thoughts and prayers, Michael.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.