Author Topic: Tom Maynard - RIP  (Read 2193 times)

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
Tom Maynard - RIP
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »
Surrey batsmen Tom Maynard 23 ,son of former Glamorgan and England batsmen Matthew Maynard died this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18492564

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/9338665/Surreys-Tom-Maynard-dies-aged-23-after-being-hit-by-tube-train-while-trying-to-escape-police.html

Tom's motor car was stopped by police this morning as the vehicle was being driven erratically, Tom fled the scene and was later found dead on the track s at Wimbledon Park station. Reports from different media are unclear as to he was actually hit by a train. The IPCC have been informed.

Tom was a fantastic young cricketer with a huge potential, it is a tragic and senseless loss.

RIP Tom
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:43:43 pm by AirConGipsyRed »
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Tom Maynard - RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »
I dont really understand what happened but thoughts are with his family & friends.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:56:17 pm »
So sad and so young. RIP.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:00:13 pm »
R.I.P

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:41:18 pm »
Future England batsman, had huge potential, sadly will never be realised.  So sad for his family, followed his father out of Glamorgan when he had  'disagreements' with the club.  He must have doted upon him, thoughts go out to them.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:44:58 pm »
RIP

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:57:09 pm »
Future England batsman, had huge potential, sadly will never be realised.  So sad for his family, followed his father out of Glamorgan when he had  'disagreements' with the club.  He must have doted upon him, thoughts go out to them.

I used to open the bowling with Tom's dad's best friend and best man at his wedding. He moved out of the area a few years ago and we have lost touch but my thoughts also go out to John tonight. I know how terrible he will be feeling today.

My thoughts and prayers are with his parents tonight. Nothing can be worse than losing your child under any circumstances.

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21588586

Cricketer Tom Maynard was electrocuted on a railway line before being struck by train as he tried to evade police after driving while drunk and high on drugs, an inquest heard.

The 23-year-old Cardiff-born batsman was found near Wimbledon Park station shortly after 05:00 BST on 18 June.

He had earlier been stopped by police after he was seen driving his black Mercedes erratically.

But the Surrey player fled, leaving his keys in the ignition.

A post-mortem examination showed he was nearly four times the legal alcohol limit to drive and had also taken cocaine and ecstasy in the form of MDMA after a night out with his two flatmates in Wandsworth, south London.

Tests on hair samples indicated Mr Maynard, who had previously played for Glamorgan and was tipped as a future England international, may have been a regular drug user up to three-and-a-half months before his death, Westminster Coroner's Court heard.

Forensic pathologist Dr Simon Poole told the inquest jury Mr Maynard suffered burns to his feet, ankles and shin which were consistent with injuries suffered by skin touching live railway tracks.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The only people who would judge Tom on the findings of the inquest are people who didn't know him.”

Tom Maynard's family
It was not possible to say, however, whether electrocution or the impact with the train caused Mr Maynard's death, he said.

Post-mortem tests indicated high levels of alcohol in his urine, as well as the presence of MDMA, cocaine and the compound cocaethylene, the inquest heard.

In a statement, Dr Rosa Cordero said analysis showed positive results for the presence of MDMA and cocaine levels which matched some daily users of the drug.

Special person
The Metropolitan Police launched an investigation into Maynard's death.

It said pursuing officers lost sight of him after he made off on foot and had no further contact with him.

About 50 minutes passed between the start of the police chase and Maynard being hit by the train.

British Transport Police said the death was treated as "non suspicious".

Tom Maynard's girlfriend Carly Baker attended the inquest in London
Mr Maynard, the son of former England and Glamorgan batsman Matthew Maynard, earned himself a place on the England Lions tour to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the start of last year.

His family issued a statement on Tuesday, through the Professional Cricketers' Association, which read: "The results of the inquest do not define our son.

"The fact that so very many people thought the world of him is what defines him as a person.

"The only people who would judge Tom on the findings of the inquest are people who didn't know him. He made choices that night that tragically cost him his life but his devastated family and friends will love and miss him unconditionally always.

"He was a very special person and his death leaves a huge hole in all our lives."

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »
We all make mistakes. He paid a very heavy price for his.

Rest in peace and thoughts go out to family and friends.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »
My dad when he was a Welsh cricket selector used to take Mathew Maynard to his trials when he was younger ,nice fella ,nice family so such a shame this happened
R.I.P Tom

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »
What is most worrying and saddening is that this could have been avoided if the ECB had an efficient and effective drug testing policy.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:56 pm »
Very sad this.....R.I.P
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Tom Maynard - RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 08:39:23 pm »
What is most worrying and saddening is that this could have been avoided if the ECB had an efficient and effective drug testing policy.
it said on the news that the amounts found in his hair DNA were that of a heavy user for at least 3 months so you right that better drug testing would of caught him allowing him to hopefully kick it or make him not get into coke in the first place knowing what would happen , shame it takes something like this to get them to wake up to it

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:42:03 pm »
it said on the news that the amounts found in his hair DNA were that of a heavy user for at least 3 months so you right that better drug testing would of caught him allowing him to hopefully kick it or make him not get into coke in the first place knowing what would happen , shame it takes something like this to get them to wake up to it

That's exactly what I'm thinking. 3 months is a long time to not be caught out with something like coke. If the ECB had better drug testing protocols and tested for recreational drugs Tom may have received the help he might have needed to at least keep him a life. It's a massive shame, but it looks like it's one cricket is learning from.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Tom Maynard - RIP
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:21 pm »
That's exactly what I'm thinking. 3 months is a long time to not be caught out with something like coke. If the ECB had better drug testing protocols and tested for recreational drugs Tom may have received the help he might have needed to at least keep him a life. It's a massive shame, but it looks like it's one cricket is learning from.
not wrong mate ,guess they never thought county cricketers were the type to take drugs ,a bit behind the times the ECB ...until now

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

not wrong mate ,guess they never thought county cricketers were the type to take drugs ,a bit behind the times the ECB ...until now

Absolutely right.

Difficult to get a habit if you are continually being tested.

RIP Tom

My thoughts are with Matthew and the rest of the family.

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »
Good job he was stopped by the police. Pissed up and high as a kite on drugs then gets in his car. Could have killed innocent people.