Author Topic: Working on Commission  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
Working on Commission
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:35 am »
Anyone done it before? Just been offered a job solely on commission and am obviously a bit wary. Give it a bash or swerve? Working for a  tax refund place by the way

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Working on Commission
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
I've done it. Had great days earnig as much as £250. Had shit days earning as little as £14.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:28:30 am »
Anyone done it before? Just been offered a job solely on commission and am obviously a bit wary. Give it a bash or swerve? Working for a  tax refund place by the way
If you are UK based I think they HAVE to pay at least minimum wage?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:36:16 am »
Nah mate, I'm in NZ. It's a pretty dodgy oper as well, so who knows

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 10:35:37 am »

They don't mate, I'n not sure of the exact wording, but they have to disclose that 'there is every probability that you can earn at least minimum wage' or some such bollocks.

I used to do lots of price work, and this is how they get around having to pay a set wage.

There does have to be a very good chance you can earn minimum wage, and hoping people phone you is not that.

For price work, you are given a set task, and a price is agreed. For me, install the electrics for central heating, get 80 quid. The work was there, I didn't have to rely on people phoning me.

Big difference.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:34 am »
They don't mate, I'n not sure of the exact wording, but they have to disclose that 'there is every probability that you can earn at least minimum wage' or some such bollocks.

I used to do lots of price work, and this is how they get around having to pay a set wage.

There does have to be a very good chance you can earn minimum wage, and hoping people phone you is not that.

For price work, you are given a set task, and a price is agreed. For me, install the electrics for central heating, get 80 quid. The work was there, I didn't have to rely on people phoning me.

Big difference.
This is door to door working in a team of two, £7.50 per 'sale' (getting people to sign up for a tax refund)

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:50:57 am »
I'd not, mostly because you've indicated they're a dodgy operation, and who knows what tricks they might try to pull to garnish your earnings, but also because of the worry of having a bad week or two being devastating to your finances.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 11:00:39 am »
This is door to door working in a team of two, £7.50 per 'sale' (getting people to sign up for a tax refund)

But there's no 'work' as such is there ?

You're relying on being able to convince people they need your service.

If finances allow it, by all means have a go, but bear in mind as pointed out previously, if you have reservations as to the integrity of your potential employer you need to go in with your eyes wide open.
 :)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:02:44 am »
Cheers lads. It's just a 15 hour a week side deal, I'm not relying on it for anything or to pay bills, but I'll give it a crack for a few weeks and if I'm wasting my time I'll fuck it off

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21:58 pm »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:51 am »
Applied for a "marketing position",had an interview in some new smart offices, got the job...... Turns out it was door to door selling all on comission! Packed it in after 3 hours, was awfull!
+18 ticket exchange

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
Applied for a "marketing position",had an interview in some new smart offices, got the job...... Turns out it was door to door selling all on comission! Packed it in after 3 hours, was awfull!

Wasn't in Liverpool by any chance was it mate?

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »
No In Cardiff where I was living for a few years, but heard the company operate all over the UK,  can't remember what they were called, but they were selling talk talk broadband!
+18 ticket exchange

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 04:17:52 pm »
No In Cardiff where I was living for a few years, but heard the company operate all over the UK,  can't remember what they were called, but they were selling talk talk broadband!

There was one in Liverpool, some marketing company that held interviews in some top offices in town, had an American guy doing the interview and blatantly lied to people what the job entailed, had 5/6 friends attend only to find out it was Door to Door sales.

Never worked for commission myself, know a few friends who have and they've never lasted longer than two weeks and as they were essentially making negative money with costs. Supposed it can vary though within different sectors.