Author Topic: Any Baseball Lovers Around  (Read 559079 times)

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
Re: Any Baseball Lovers Around
« Reply #10200 on: May 25, 2024, 01:08:02 pm »
As Red Sox fan just going as a neutral again (and rueing the fact i didnt go when it was sox/yankees :( ). hoping itll be a decent game and looking forward to gorging on all the food there.

I didn't go the first year and regretted it so went to Cubs-Cardinals last year. Great day out.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10201 on: May 25, 2024, 01:28:10 pm »
All Is good in the World again.

Yankees have a top tier left handed Slugger and being the best team in the AL.

8)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #10202 on: May 26, 2024, 11:12:54 pm »
I didn't go the first year and regretted it so went to Cubs-Cardinals last year. Great day out.

Yeah i got some comp tickets for the Sunday last year, we was sat near one of the bullpens. Quality day.

Was hoping might get some again but is getting too close to the date now (last year i got them a month before) so we bought some along the LH foul line, but it looks a better view this time.

Wonder which celeb fans theyll have this year? was pretty cool seeing Bill Murray and Nick Offerman last time out.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #10203 on: May 26, 2024, 11:14:00 pm »
All Is good in the World again.

Yankees have a top tier left handed Slugger and being the best team in the AL.

8)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10204 on: May 27, 2024, 05:17:47 am »
Damn, Acuna’s done his ACL. Wasn’t having his best season but you always thought an offensive explosion was just around the corner. Huge blow for the Braves since they’re in a division where they have 0 margin for error. Suspect a trade will be coming. Maybe the Jays can ditch Springer for anything.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10205 on: May 27, 2024, 12:40:36 pm »
Yeah i got some comp tickets for the Sunday last year, we was sat near one of the bullpens. Quality day.

Was hoping might get some again but is getting too close to the date now (last year i got them a month before) so we bought some along the LH foul line, but it looks a better view this time.

Wonder which celeb fans theyll have this year? was pretty cool seeing Bill Murray and Nick Offerman last time out.

Seinfeld maybe? John Oliver?!

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10206 on: May 27, 2024, 02:06:47 pm »
Second ACL tear for Acuna.  Devastated.  On track for a hall of fame career and given all the trouble he had with the previous ACL recovery, I'm really sad for him.

Hopefully he comes back next year ready to go.

Sick of all the injuries in MLB.
King Kenny.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10207 on: May 27, 2024, 03:13:33 pm »
Second ACL tear for Acuna.  Devastated.  On track for a hall of fame career and given all the trouble he had with the previous ACL recovery, I'm really sad for him.

It’s suffering mightily from really bad injuries. Trout can never stay healthy, Acuna is on the shelf for a year and an absolute boatload of pitchers are cooked.

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #10208 on: May 27, 2024, 09:20:25 pm »
Seinfeld maybe? John Oliver?!
Good shout, Jon Stewart perhaps? He is a mets fan too.

Only Phillies fan I know is Rob McElhenney

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: May 27, 2024, 10:07:56 pm »
Trout really needs to start looking at being a full time DH.

He can't play the Centrefield with his body breaking down, he's missed 250 games the last 3 seasons, I'd banish from playing anywhere in the Outfield and just let him DH.

I think he should ask for a trade and get away from that junkyard of a Franchise, must not be good for motivation plus the injuries on top. Change of scenery can rescue his career, Trout should be playing for a Contender.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10210 on: May 28, 2024, 04:46:21 pm »
Good shout, Jon Stewart perhaps? He is a mets fan too.

Only Phillies fan I know is Rob McElhenney

Stewart's a very good suggestion. I've seen McElhenney in a promo vid for the London Series so he has to be a possibility.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #10211 on: May 29, 2024, 12:16:57 am »
Dodgers say thank you to the Mets. Only they could bail them out of the longest losing streak in 5 years, by blowing a 2-0 lead in the 9th and then losing in extra innings, with some awful errors along the way.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10212 on: May 29, 2024, 04:41:24 am »
I see Angel Hernandez has retired with immediate effect, says something how awful he was that theirs much rejoicing throughout the league, easily the worst umpire in MLB.
#Sausages

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10213 on: May 29, 2024, 05:27:55 am »
I see Angel Hernandez has retired with immediate effect, says something how awful he was that theirs much rejoicing throughout the league, easily the worst umpire in MLB.
Awful, had to always make it about him.

I remember WS 2001, and him arguing with EL Duque, I think that was his first ever WS appearance as an Umpire, he had to steal the limelight from Cuba's most famous Baseball player at the time.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10214 on: May 29, 2024, 07:37:32 am »
Awful, had to always make it about him.

I remember WS 2001, and him arguing with EL Duque, I think that was his first ever WS appearance as an Umpire, he had to steal the limelight from Cuba's most famous Baseball player at the time.

I believe when he signed his retirement papers his signature was 4 inches outside the box.  ;D

Yeah the calls were horrific, one game were he called 3 strikes in a row, the pitches were well away from the strike zone & should have been balls, amazing he had a long career given how bad his calls were.
#Sausages

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10215 on: May 29, 2024, 07:41:27 am »
Imagine being a Pitcher knowing Hernandez is the Umpire. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z8se6mtzzDk&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z8se6mtzzDk&amp;t=1s</a>

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10216 on: May 29, 2024, 10:21:38 am »
Dodgers say thank you to the Mets. Only they could bail them out of the longest losing streak in 5 years, by blowing a 2-0 lead in the 9th and then losing in extra innings, with some awful errors along the way.

Mets have been doing this sort of thing loads recently. The slightest hint of trouble and they fold in an instant.

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #10217 on: May 30, 2024, 06:14:03 pm »
Stewart's a very good suggestion. I've seen McElhenney in a promo vid for the London Series so he has to be a possibility.
As it turns out there's quite a few famous Phillies fans:

Celebrity Phillies fans include Bradley Cooper, Kevin Bacon, Will Smith, Tina Fey, Amanda Seyfried, Rob McElhenney, Miles Teller, Aubrey Plaza and Ryan Phillippe. Perhaps the most famous Phillie Phanatics, however, are President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden.

;D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10218 on: May 30, 2024, 06:48:59 pm »

It took him another full year after he was cleared to play to play at his normal level.  Don't be surprised if it happens again.  He should be back for spring training next year, assuming there are no complications, but may very well take another year to get back to his best.  That's 4 years out of his career that could be wasted due to injury.  Shame really as he's so fun to watch. 

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10219 on: Yesterday at 12:15:01 am »
I'll be bloody gutted if Juan Sato doesn't sign with the Yankees, he was born to be Yankee, clutch again today.