Author Topic: Roy Hodgson  (Read 3943 times)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Roy Hodgson
« on: April 9, 2011, 11:28:33 pm »
I`ve just watched West Brom on match of the day. I must say I was impressed by West Brom`s performance. It`s got me thinking about Roy`s time in charge of us.

I never wanted Roy anywhere near our club. The man still pisses me off when I think about his time in charge. The Torres incident at United when he didn`t defend him against whiskey noses accusation of diving. When there was talk of Rooney leaving United Roy said he couldn`t do anything if united came in for Torres. The constant downplaying of expectations. Describing a 1-0 away win at the almighty Bolton as a "Famous win". The fuckin ridiculous desicion to spend £9m on Poulson and PFK. The infamous face rub! etc

When Roy was at Fulham he did well and saved them from relegation in 07 and then the following season took them to 7th place (their highest ever league placing). In the 09-10 season he took them to the Uefa cup final. He then had a disastorus 6 months at our club. He has now gone to WBA and is unbeaten ( OK it`s only 6 games ), and they seem to be playing good football. There is no way to know if his good form at WBA will continue. Their current form could be down to a new manger coming in and the players giving their all to impress the new manager and save their own place in the club. It`s happened before at other clubs where thats happened and then it all goes tits up.

My question is this - Is Roy a good manager/coach and our players just didn`t perform for him? The king has come in and got a better reaction from virtually the same group of players.

By the way I have just cracked open my third bottle of red and I`m feeling slightly Schindlers and there`s a chance I might wake up in the morning and think "WTF was you talking about dickhead" . So if you are seriously annoyed with my question then go easy on me ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Roy Hodgson
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »
horses for courses - end of

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline trequartista

• Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 times
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2011, 11:33:05 pm »
Should have posted general football and sport it may have been given more then 5 minutes...we've moved on so has hodgson nothing needs to be discussed.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »
He was batting on a bad wicket to start from.  Replaced Rafa.  Employed by the unmentionable regime.  But then didn't do himself any favours with his performance with the press.  Taking it up the ass from Fergie without defending liverpool players. Then turning on the support after Wolves at home.

His tactics were awful as well.  Boring crap.  Having said that the players were below par too.  But then he hardly inspired.

A poor manager at a really poor time = disaster.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2011, 11:33:24 pm »
I'm just glad he's gone. I couldn't stand him even before he was our manager.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2011, 11:33:48 pm »
"WTF was you talking about dickhead"
Ah, so self-moderation *can* work after all ;D :wave