Author Topic: God signs for Perth Glory  (Read 891 times)

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
God signs for Perth Glory
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:53 pm »
Perth Glory is thrilled to announce the club has signed super star striker Robbie Fowler for the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season.

Fowler, a former England international is the fourth highest goal scorer in the history of the English Premier League and known to Liverpool fans across the globe as “God”.

“This is vindication that everything we are doing at Perth Glory is on track”, beamed Chairman Tony Sage.

“Robbie had a number of clubs chasing his signature, both in the Hyundai A-League and from the Middle-East and we’re delighted he’s decided to join Perth Glory.

“It’s exciting for football fans in Western Australia that a legend has decided to play for us” Sage said.

Fowler joins the Glory after one season in the Hyundai A-League with North Queensland Fury where he scored 9 goals in 26 games.

The 35 year old is the biggest signing in the history of Perth Glory.

“Getting players of this calibre is not easy but it’s the commitment I have made to this football club. Now we need our fans and supporters to return the faith by purchasing season memberships.

“We also need strong support from the commercial and business world and it would be remiss of me not to thank those organisations and individuals who have already pledged their support”, Sage said.

Fowler will become the Glory’s foreign marquee player and the club has now finalised its 23 man squad for the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season.

Fowler will join his new Perth Glory team mates for pre-season training in June.

http://www.perthglory.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=33492

EDIT: Just seen theres already a topic please delete
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:05:20 pm by callanlfc5times »
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

royhendo

Re: God signs for Perth Glory
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:42:52 pm »
Yeheaaaaaeeeey! Went to see the Glory in 2000. :)

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
Re: God signs for Perth Glory
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »
Yeheaaaaaeeeey! Went to see the Glory in 2000. :)

Nice one:) saw them twice last summer when i was over, the shed get a not to shabby atmosphere going. Won both the games that i went to watch as well which was even better! Shame about the beer only being mid strength at the ground for a rip of price as well.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!