Author Topic: Vanishing loo in Lodge Lane  (Read 1669 times)

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
Vanishing loo in Lodge Lane
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:07:53 pm »
Sorry if its been posted, can't see it anywhere.

Anyone seen the mysterious vanishing loo in Lodge Lane on Google Streetview? Go to http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=53.397046,-2.949271+(19+Lodge+Ln,+Liverpool+L8+0,+UK)&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=53.397797,-2.949714&panoid=QGorqIHUGx_vPE78X42QWA&cbp=12,25.6,,0,20.06&ll=53.397705,-2.949711&spn=0.003934,0.009645&z=17, should see a toilet block on the right. Take a step back, and it magically transforms into a off licence. Take another step back, its a toilet block again :)

My brother emailed me it, though not sure I like the article he got it from --> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/20/google_street_view_magic_toilets/

RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Vanishing loo in Lodge Lane
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »
It's only an offy in winter. obviously.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:17:59 pm »
Sorry.Call me thick if you want.   But how do I take a step back?

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 04:03:24 pm »
It's more appearing offy than vanishing loo, no matter how far back you go it's still toilets. Wonder what happened.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 04:43:17 pm »
It's more appearing offy than vanishing loo, no matter how far back you go it's still toilets. Wonder what happened.
And here's me just thinking I'm a technophobic luddite.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 05:04:19 pm »
got changed into a shop about a year ago now.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:05:38 pm »
the offy is quite new. the google street view people probably got told that there's a shop now and came round to take another picture, but couldn't be arsed changing the view of the whole street so only changed the one where its most obvious.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 10:29:18 pm »
Sorry.Call me thick if you want.   But how do I take a step back?

In case you haven't figured it out yet :)  you should see a big faded arrow towards the bottom of the picture, click it and you'll move back. Another arrow pointing the other way lets you move forward.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »

I did think at first that maybe the pics of the loo were taken when driving straight down lodge lane, and that they didn't get back to driving across it and down Beaumont Street until a while later, and hence the offy only appears when actually "stood" on the cross-road (i.e. they used the later picture). However, I've since tried looking from the end of Beaumont Street on the map and its back to a loo, so it is only that exact position that the offy appears.

I'm now convinced however that the offy management just didn't fully think through the idea of having a hologram for their signage.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 11:43:01 pm »
Go in there for a piss up

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 08:19:38 am »

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:41 am »
surely not another one of these crap threads...
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline miguelcooper

• Main Stander
  • I love Mad Men - purely for the storylines though
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:21 am »
Great... another thread that's going to go down the pan
I was reading the other day that, apparently, 1 in 5 people are Chinese...and there are 5 people in my family, so, which one is it?

Well, it's not me...so, it’s either my mum......or my dad......or my older brother Colin......or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.   Hmm...it's probably Colin.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05:40 pm »
bog off

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 12:32:05 pm »
so it is only that exact position that the offy appears.

Not true - go forward two steps from where you linked to in the OP and turn around - it's back to being an offy from there. Most odd.